• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdstorm

Banned
It is however clearly personal when he is talking about Billy. He makes a big point on how Billy betrayed him, how they used to be close friends. He also clearly respects Yao Fei, saying he is only training Oliver because Yaoi Fei said so.

Outside of the part where they become close friends, which already happens in the first season. Mirakaru Shado is his paranoid side, just like how Thea appeared when Roy got hit with it. Despite them actually having a chance together he still saw Thea.

I always took the billy thing as a breaking point where from that point it didn't matter. He was done making personal connections.

Part 2. It was stupid with Roy but at least it made sense. He'd dated Thea. Wouldn't Slade have an ex GF/baby mama/whoever to be thinking of...

Not like it really matters anyway. Short of a time travel crisis clean slate nothing could fix arrows mythology at this point

Joni

I always took the billy thing as a breaking point where from that point it didn't matter. He was done making personal connections.
He was making connections with Yao Fei and Oliver, so that simply never felt the case.

Part 2. It was stupid with Roy but at least it made sense. He'd dated Thea. Wouldn't Slade have an ex GF/baby mama/whoever to be thinking of...
Shado died a tragic death, abandoned by the same guy that tried to kill him instead of saving him. Thea was still there. Roy even almost killed real Thea because of what fake Thea said. It made it clear they were a manifestation of a deeper problem caused by the Mirakaru. He doesn't quite nag about Shado anymore once he is off it.

Joni

I'm going to assume he meant that eye-stabbie thing. It tends to make people mad when I stab them in the eye with an arrow, I assume Manu would also be mad.

Blader

Deathstroke and Reverse Flash set the bar so high for their respective shows I don't think they'll ever get a villain to equal them again. Ra's probably wouldn't have seemed so disappointing if he hadn't have come after Slade, the guy just didn't live up to his rep and never felt as threatening as Slade. Dark.....I don't know I like the actor but that's about it, I really don't have much of an opinion on him, he's just kinda there.

Despite every annoying turn the character has taken in the last three years, S1 Merlyn was also a great villain.

Sephzilla

You're basically calling your fans idiots with the "confusion" explanation. Smallville and Superman Returns were on at the same time. I think it's the movie people not wanting to deal with
probably apt
comparisons between the show characters and movie characters,
especially if the show characters are seen as better despite the money going into the films.

This is absolutely what it is. Movie people don't want the butthurt that comes with being told a TV show did your product better than you. Which is why I'm super interested in what happens when The Flash movie comes out and everyone says its worse than the show.

KonradLaw

Ra's became the worst when he turned into a homophobic implied rapist.

This seemed more like pragmatism than actual prejudice. He allowed her to be with Sara, only when succession came into play he needed a real heir. Nyssa was too weak to take over and yet she would still try. The only way she gets to survive and Ra's bloodline being continued is if she's married to next Ra's. It's either that or she ends up killed.

Heck, if not for Oliver stepping in she would have died in that duel with Malcolm. So in the end it worked well.

Been seeing the hate for Arrow is really, really strong this week.

I watched the final ep the other day and thought it was ok, not terrible. I liked Neal McDonagh- he had so much more screen presence than Matt Nable as Ra's. But yeah, the magic just doesn't seem to work so well on Arrow. I mean, we have metahumans in the Arrowverse but they rarely appear in Arrow apart from the Crossover/LoT setup eps. Magic just seemed like a Bridge too far. At least Darkh's motives were a little less soapy than Slade's mental contortions to blame Oliver for Shadow's death (which were the only thing I disliked about Season 2)

To me, the show was really consistent in the first half of the season and then really patchy after the mid-season break but rarely LoT-level terribad. That said, I'd still put this past season second-last on my rankings of the show so far.

I can tell the first ep or so of S5 will be the Getting the Band Back together tour.

KonradLaw

So Oliver couldn't have at least shaved when he was sworn in as mayor?

maxresdefault.jpg
You think seeing this guy sword into being a mayor would inspire confidence and sense of security among Star City's citizens? :D

injustice 2

:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O
Fuck that would be great. Especially since we didn't even get regular BC in Injustice 1. Could see them doing another skin again with Amell as well to give him the upgraded costume, as well as with Grant for a CW Flash skin.

Although motion-capture for a fighting game? Motion-capture implies something a bit bigger than a skin with a few lines of dialogue. Which would be awesome if Katie has booked herself a role in a good game.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Should of got Caity to do the mocap. She's an actual fighter/gymnast.

EDIT - That's actually not a mocap rig. That's a photo scan rig. They must be doing a body scan of her to make a character model out of her.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Would they need her for motion capture if it was Injustice 2? Wouldn't it most likely be an alternate skin like they did with Green Arrow in the first game, and they would just use pictures of her to design it but the same animations that are being used for the character.

If the geotag said Chicago I'd be all on board thinking it was Injustice 2, but I'm skeptical.

Yeah, it actually doesn't look much like motion cap equipment. Plus motion cap doesn't seem like the type of thing needed for the style of game Injustice is.

Still pretty neat if true and even if it isn't, she's involved with some video-game and that's still great.

BC should have been in the first one.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Should of got Caity to do the mocap. She's an actual fighter/gymnast.

EDIT - That's actually not a mocap rig. That's a photo scan rig. They must be doing a body scan of her to make a character model out of her.

Oh, now that pushes me more towards it possibly being Injustice then. I figure for a skin they would just need pictures of her. Still could be something else though but the idea of Black Canary in the next game is exciting. She's one of the best DC brawlers!

Joni

They wouldn't use her for Injustice as they didn't really do this last time I believe, she might be the lead in something new.

They wouldn't use her for Injustice as they didn't really do this last time I believe, she might be the lead in something new.
Sure it could be for something different, but Injustice 2 having the exact same cast as the first one would be kind of terrible so I can see them adding characters in who weren't in the first one.

Joni

Home now, so I could do a bit more look-ups. At Megacon she teased she is going to be "the lead in a badass woman video game!" which makes it seem like something more than Injustice 2.

Sure it could be for something different, but Injustice 2 having the exact same cast as the first one would be kind of terrible so I can see them adding characters in who weren't in the first one.
I can see Black Canary being in Injustice 2 but I don't think she'd need to do photo capture. I thought Amell only needed to do his voice.

I can see Black Canary being in Injustice 2 but I don't think she'd need to do photo capture. I thought Amell only needed to do his voice.
True, although maybe they want to snap some photos to use as a reference with updated graphics. But with what you also just said above, it seems to be for an actual project, which is better news imo.

Why would she have to be in a DC game? They killed her off and she's done with the role, as far as I can tell. Or is Tom Welling doing Superman in any of the DC games?

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm hoping for all the Arrowverwe alts in Injustice 2. BC and Supergirl should be on the roster too, they need more females and they're two of the higher profile non-Batfamily members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom