• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned

NsHLqzv.gif

Felicity is an American television series developed by writer/producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, and Andrew Kreisberg. It is based on the DC Comics sweetheart Felicity Smoak, a "bitch with wi-fi" created by writer Gerry Conway along with artist Rafael Kayanan. The series revolves around the fictional life experiences of the title character, Felicity (portrayed by Emily Bett Rickards), as she attends the "Arrowcave" (also referred to as the "Quiver", after what watching Ollie on the Salmon Ladder makes her do), and fights crime while running a big 'ol company and most importantly being a devoted girlfriend. The official Shipmanteau for Ollie and Felicity is "Feliver", obviously.

6gF2oyO.jpg

Felicity Smoak played by Emily Bett Rickards. The series opens with Felicity's high school graduation. Following the ceremony she sees Ollie, her high school crush, and goes over to ask him to sign her year book. The note he writes is thoughtful, and hints at missed opportunity and disappointment. Felicity decides to abandon her plans to study Microsoft Surface™ hacking at Stanford University and instead follows Ollie to Star City. Once there she realizes her decision was more than about Ollie, that she needs to find herself, away from her parents' influence and expectations. She is a remarkably intelligent and thoughtful person, yet can be led to make rather impulsive and rash decisions. As the show progresses she grows into a more secure and centered young woman, as well as small business owner and machine gun enthusiast.

wsfE0Q8.jpg

Ollie Queen (aka Green Arrow) played by Stephen Amell is a gay spin instructor who also fights crime in tight fighting green clothes in his spare time.

gj5cB9p.png

Johnny Diggle (aka Black Driver) played by David Ramsey. No one cared who he was until he put on the mask.

Dinah Laurel Lance (aka Black Canary) played by Katie Cassidy. Laurel is a Boston-based lawyer. She is shown as a woman who believes in love and is continually looking for her soul mate. She often hears songs in her head and experiences hallucinations, mostly of a dancing baby, due to her biological clock ticking and of sexual endeavors with various men.

ReB37fI.png

Thea Queen (aka Speedy/aka Lady Lazarus) played by Willa Holland. Don't even need to put anything funny or witty here. Dat Instagram says it all. Oh she played Aqua in Kingdom Hearts, did you know that?

Captain Quentin Lance played by Paul Blackthorne. His resume includes such skills as: • Over the top lecturing • Avoiding certain death three years running • Groddlike chest hair • An unconvincing British accent

hNiGnou.png

Malcolm Merlyn (aka Ra's Al Ghul) played by John Barrowman. "Merlyn" is simply the alias of an infamous time traveler. His new position of power of Ra's Al Ghul gives him the power of immortality, which is pretty pointless seeing as he already has it.

And put your hand together for newcomer Damien Darhk played by veteran actor Neal McDonough. Known for always having a trick up his sleeve, he's the leader of H.I.V.E. - the organization that killed Black Driver's Black Brother! - and a master of mystical arts that even last year's Liam Neesons feared. You'd be justified in thinking he's a force to be reckoned with. Oh, and he's Felicity's long last father.

WP7baVF.png

Hot Links

Hot Questions

Where can I catch up on old episodes?
Seasons 1, 2 & 3 of Arrow are live on Netflix! So is The Flash Season 1, which is mandatory viewing.

Do I need to watch Flash and Legends of Tomorrow as well?
Amell has referred to them all as one big show. Lots of interconnected plots this year. Take that as you will.

What was the original thread title?
FELICITY Season 5 |OT| Also Starring Arrow S4. However mods deemed it too confusing with the upcoming Netflix revival of the original Felicity, and changed it thusly.

I'm a longtime Arrow viewer, checking in.

I'm someone with impeccable taste. Hit me with those soundtracks?
They're live on iTunes and Spotify baby!

Should I be using spoiler tags?
Yes
. Any information or content from an unaired episode must be spoiler tagged! Anything after the East Coast viewing however is fair game (but tag promo discussion). Bare in mind this will also apply to The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow in this thread due to the close nature of the shows so be aware of open spoilers for those shows after they've aired or tagged spoilers beforehand. The DC TV Community Thread is more liberal with open spoilers if that's what draws back your bow.
[/INDENT]

zz9ZeyT.jpg

Luigi87

lol, at least the thread lives in spite of the name change.

Anywho, while I am looking forward to this, I'm still a bit iffy after season 3.
I really hate Ollie x Felicity, because why is it so hard for a series to maintain a platonic relationship between lead male and female characters? Plus that's yet another girl Oliver has banged.

RE_Player

Despite owning season 3 I still have to finish it. Stopped about 3/4 of the way through because I couldn't take it anymore. Gotta catch up so I'm ready.

Truly the OP Arrow-GAF deserves. Hopefully all the haters have abandoned ship. Last season thread was unbearable. Felicity will continue until morale improves.

Chariot

Sölf;180613028 said:
This time 500+, eh?
And this time I am here. Oh god, do I want that?
This is going to be terrible, isn't it.
Can I request we change Diggle's portrait to Blackneto one for added hilarity? Pretty please?
Make it Black Driver, Green Lantern and Cyborg circling around in a gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom