• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Art GAF ~ Anybody doing INKTOBER?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Day 9
tumblr_nd7qws4oLA1rn8nkfo1_500.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Reposting cause being the last post on a page suuucks:

Bzj6X3JCEAATNwU.jpg:large

Day Nine! I really enjoy drawing scenes involving small moments, but then change it up with some different themes.

I feel like inking and scifi go especially well together, probably Jim Steranko's fault.

Inktober week two. I did some digital filling on this one because I don't have the tools to fill an entire page with black like that without depleting my pens.

Hey, fellow artists. Grab a brush and show us the world.

inktober_02_by_quarksney-d82f9gq.png

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Nice job on the last one! Good mood, nice POV, great details

For this one Im once again going all out with the brush pen, no pencil work. Its pretty challenging, but you often get results you didnt expect!

BzuePX6CQAEM63r.jpg:large

Raging Spaniard

Day Thirteen

Bz4nj9xCUAA898I.jpg:large

Making small images that can tell a story all by themselves is something I feel really strongly about. Hopefully that shows through.

Raging Spaniard

So Im headed to Hawaii tomorrow for a wedding and will be out till Friday of next week. I wont be able to post any drawings till then, but I'll be making them!

Todays drawing is, I would say, appropriate

Bz9gHmgCYAATWPw.jpg:large

Timo

Trying to catch up:

018w4YD.jpg

(Fake) Day 10 and Day 11: Frankie and Bride combine into one cool organic edged mess!

Cyan

Banned
Got pointed to this thread by yesnononoyes's mention in the NaNo thread. Awesome work, everyone! Some really beautiful stuff. And I love to see folks working on this type of project. :)

I missed a couple of days this year but this is the farthest I have made it into an Inktober. At the end of the night I got into the habit of just doing a quick cool down doodle before going to sleep.

sketch-dcombo-1to15-2014.jpg

Timo

Not many people are getting the reference but the ones that do are enjoying this one, hah. Yeah, i saw it again like 3-4 weeks ago, i dont agree with the politics of the movie but this is one of the most memorable reveals in all of slashers, plus shes the only slasher who kills kids and its kind of shown in a movie. I like that. I dunno what that says about me.

Inktober Week 3, and I'm actually not late!!! This week - Into the Maelstrom. Where our hero and his new partner take a precarious misstep into a strange and awful land.

Not that it needs disclosing, but I had to "cheat" a bit this week, as the background is completely digital. Try as I might, I just could not get it right on paper.

Timo said:
Not many people are getting the reference but the ones that do are enjoying this one, hah. Yeah, i saw it again like 3-4 weeks ago, i dont agree with the politics of the movie but this is one of the most memorable reveals in all of slashers, plus shes the only slasher who kills kids and its kind of shown in a movie. I like that. I dunno what that says about me.

Iunderstoodthatreference(.gif) and that drawing is as equally terrifying as the movie, if not more. All it's missing is
his junk
, which you probably excluded for obvious reasons.

The Boat

You are all ridiculously talented, holy fuck!
I can't draw for shit, but I recently discovered the joy of drawing with pens, it's so different! Any pen recommendations? Nothing fancy/expensive since I can't really draw.

dani_dc

Just want to say there's a lot of amazing work in this thread, not going to point out anything in particular because there's just so much great stuff.

Going to enjoy checking this thread out until the end of the month.

You are all ridiculously talented, holy fuck!
I can't draw for shit, but I recently discovered the joy of drawing with pens, it's so different! Any pen recommendations? Nothing fancy/expensive since I can't really draw.

Actually I'm gonna second this question cause I too don't have much info regarding which pens to go by. This site seems to have decent-ish prices with a really nice selection, but I have no idea where to start regarding basic pen/ink drawing essentials.

With all that said, I feel like a simple ball-point pen sometimes can't be beat. :p

Timo

bQaLk3D.jpg

Day 14: This movie is the reason your parents told you to be nice to everyone.

Thanks for the love guys, it's very appreciated. Also, it's looking less and less likely that I'll catch up, at least at current pace. I'm gonna have to do something about that.

I've been slacking :x

But I have a few that I've done but havent scanned, so I guess will do that........ sometime............ sooooooon ...................... :x

artgaf is full with talents <3

First time participating in Inktober, so I'll be playing catch up just sticking to the 5k this time. You guys are putting some great stuff up. Gotta try and keep up..
space_006_by_humanshield78-d81smj4.jpg

So Im headed to Hawaii tomorrow for a wedding and will be out till Friday of next week. I wont be able to post any drawings till then, but I'll be making them!

Todays drawing is, I would say, appropriate

Bz9gHmgCYAATWPw.jpg:large

I was putting off commenting on posts in this thread cause every post with a pic has been so good and I didn't wanna quote everything.

With that said, these three pics (and I hate to single them out cause there are so many other great pics you all have put up already) really make me wanna draw more. Love 'em :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom