• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Art GAF ~ Anybody doing INKTOBER?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was putting off commenting on posts in this thread cause every post with a pic has been so good and I didn't wanna quote everything.

With that said, these three pics (and I hate to single them out cause there are so many other great pics you all have put up already) really make me wanna draw more. Love 'em :)

:)

draw, draw <3 draw more <3333

I am late but here's my contribution

This is something I doodled on my phone on a sketching app

yeQ4mSm

this is so niiiiiice <3 love the emotion in the strokes <3

How did the days go by so fast?! (mini vacation with the gf)

I put them all in one canvas.

2L1YJOM.jpg

Keep going guys! Lovely work everyone!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Yeah, Maui is nice ... Havent drawn shit yet.

I'll catch up tho! Good work, everyone!

He's one disturbed, scary, sick guy :<

Your portrait is awesome though <3

I guess I'll give myself a kick and scan my stuff tonight :< Poor Timo, you've been singlehandedly keeping the thread alive

o7

Timo

DkXO5Oz.jpg

Day 17: This is based off of God from Begotten, a really weird flick from 1990. The director took photos of every frame of the movie after shooting and spliced it back together, so it’s got a funky ass look and turns something that probably looked like stupid Papier-mâché shit to pure terror.

Someone on here has her as their avatar, I forget who though. I think they still have it.

And thanks YesNOnoNOYes! It's an alright portrait, the likeness isn't 100% there, but it's at least a fun old creepy dude drawing.

DkXO5Oz.jpg

Day 17: This is based off of God from Begotten, a really weird flick from 1990. The director took photos of every frame of the movie after shooting and spliced it back together, so it’s got a funky ass look and turns something that probably looked like stupid Papier-mâché shit to pure terror.

Someone on here has her as their avatar, I forget who though. I think they still have it.

And thanks YesNOnoNOYes! It's an alright portrait, the likeness isn't 100% there, but it's at least a fun old creepy dude drawing.

Begotten is so pretty :> I love it~ your sketch is awesome :>

Can I make a request??? Or have you got a list for Inktober project???

I'm still behind two days. I have no idea why I am but I am. Will scan when I'm caught up because reasons.

Timo, those illustrations your doing remind me of woodblocks/linocuts and I want to know what the hell you're doing to get such good quality images of your work (which is good stuff, btw)? :p

edit: all caught up now, heh. I need new ink, because the ink I'm using fades shortly after drying. Or maybe it's the paper.

Timo

Timo, those illustrations your doing remind me of woodblocks/linocuts and I want to know what the hell you're doing to get such good quality images of your work (which is good stuff, btw)? :p
Proper scanning really, hah. I also threshold eveything (everything above 50 gray turns black, below white). Scan it higher res than normal so i can get rid of the aliasing. Nothing too fancy. Makes it to where my ink thinned and itll still scan fine, just might not look as pretty in real life.

And yesno, ill hear it, bot guaranteeing itll happen though, hah.

Proper scanning really, hah. I also threshold eveything (everything above 50 gray turns black, below white). Scan it higher res than normal so i can get rid of the aliasing. Nothing too fancy. Makes it to where my ink thinned and itll still scan fine, just might not look as pretty in real life.

And yesno, ill hear it, bot guaranteeing itll happen though, hah.

I was thinking maybe pinhead or baron harkonnen from dune would look pretty cool in your style :>

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Back from Maui! That place is awesome.

I'll be playing catchup for a few days, no worries, I'll get there. Here is day 15

B0sRVPkCMAEDBqh.jpg:large

Timo

ZAediy0.jpg

Inktober Day 18: There is no catching up, only defeat.

I was thinking maybe pinhead or baron harkonnen from dune would look pretty cool in your style :>

YesNOnoNOYes, sorry I'm getting back to you so late, i've been busy being a lazy pile of shit. I've never seen dune so I wouldn't feel right doing that, and I told myself I wasn't gonna do Pinhead or Jigsaw, and I'm sticking to my guns, hah. Sorry about that!

ZAediy0.jpg

Inktober Day 18: There is no catching up, only defeat.

YesNOnoNOYes, sorry I'm getting back to you so late, i've been busy being a lazy pile of shit. I've never seen dune so I wouldn't feel right doing that, and I told myself I wasn't gonna do Pinhead or Jigsaw, and I'm sticking to my guns, hah. Sorry about that!

aaah is okay :D no worries~

DM and Orlanis, wonderful works <3 DM, i love your bold looks and Orlanis, your pieces are so surreal, very pretty <3

I have to say, I've really enjoyed participating in Inktober this year. I've been more ok with the work I've done this month than I have with everything else I've done this year.

YesNOnoNOYes said:
Do you have this available anywhere as a clean scan? I'd love to get a print made of it.

I have to say, I've really enjoyed participating in Inktober this year. I've been more ok with the work I've done this month than I have with everything else I've done this year.

Do you have this available anywhere as a clean scan? I'd love to get a print made of it.

Human Shield :D that's an awesome pic :D very space adventurey! <3 Love the vibe~

and... uh... that pic didn't even get a proper scan (i only took a photo of it with my phone and so the lines are blurry :x).... waw you are so kind though, wanting to make a print out of my bad art ;___; so nice <3 i can't

i just <3

uh, i guess i can try to take a better pic of it :x waw you so nice *sigh <3

Timo

bSTLwWk.jpg

Day 21: JUST PICK HIS ASS UP. THATS ALL YOU GOTTA DO. GET RID OF ANY POINT OF CONTACT WITH THE GROUND AND PHYSICS TAKES CARE OF THIS. JESUS.

Last one for Inktober. The components were all drawn seperately, and then arranged in PS, but everything was hand-drawn. This is maybe the most complicated thing I've ever attempted, and there's probably a million easier ways to make it happen. All in all, I'm super happy with it.

I'm sorry to see Inktober go, but it resulted in my most productive month in a long, long time. I loved everybody's work, hopefully everyone will slide over to the Arts and Farts thread and keep it going.

super_castlevania_iv___orphic_vipers_by_humanshield78-d84ugpd.jpg

DM and Orlanis, wonderful works <3 DM, i love your bold looks and Orlanis, your pieces are so surreal, very pretty <3

Thanks! The brush pen is not very forgiving! You did great too, nice line quality you got going.

This was definitely fun to do. Everyone killed it! However,I think the trophy goes to Timo this year! All your pieces work great as posters/t-shirts ;)

Here's hoping we can do some more of these types of activities on GAF.

I managed to finish these as my pen was running out of ink. Hope you guys had a great Halloween!

skt8vRm.png

Oh jeez, why didn't I see this before? So lazy in my thread reading! Just skimming and being a reckless poster! ;___;

Thank you YesNo! I must say, I envy your line work, because it's goddamn gorgeous!

Thank you all for showing me Inktober and all these lovely works. I would like a Inkvember please. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom