• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ArtGAF - InkTober 2015 - participate and share!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerRodrik

Days 19-21.
tumblr_nwpda4vRwW1rlc09zo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nwpda4vRwW1rlc09zo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_nwpda4vRwW1rlc09zo3_1280.jpg
I spent two days trying to figure out how to draw clouds in ink, and I'm not sure I ever really got it in the end.

^^I don't know what you're talking about. Those are some nice ass clouds. Your shading is on point. That's where I want to get my shading.
Day 23

Drawing on a bus is hard :|

Can't be too hard for you. Those lines don't look crooked. I tried a few times and damn if those vibrations don't instantly cause zig zags.

LegendX48

^^I don't know what you're talking about. Those are some nice ass clouds. Your shading is on point. That's where I want to get my shading.

Can't be too hard for you. Those lines don't look crooked. I tried a few times and damn if those vibrations don't instantly cause zig zags.

oh, I only did the eyes and nose of the face in the middle on a bus lol >.>

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I could have taken this a lot farther, but I really dug the premise of it. A bit obscure if youre not familiar with Dark Souls though.

CSEMf2bUkAA5mYx.jpg:medium

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Is that the Butcher in the Depths? It looks a bit... manly haha. Butchers are female, according to Miyazaki, but I'm assuming you didn't know that (most don't).

You peek down the poorly lit stairs and come across a large, lumbering shape, its face hidden by a burlap sack. The creature carries a foul-smelling piece of meat, which it then feeds to a mangy, even fouler-smelling mutt, its drooling fangs promising an unpleasant fate should they find their way around your throat.

(This is oddly fun... I almost feel like going back and adding a gamebook-style text to all of the artworks xD)

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Is that the Butcher in the Depths? It looks a bit... manly haha. Butchers are female, according to Miyazaki, but I'm assuming you didn't know that (most don't).

You peek down the poorly lit stairs and come across a large, lumbering shape, its face hidden by a burlap sack. The creature carries a foul-smelling piece of meat, which it then feeds to a mangy, even fouler-smelling mutt, its drooling fangs promising an unpleasant fate should they find their way around your throat.

(This is oddly fun... I almost feel like going back and adding a gamebook-style text to all of the artworks xD)

Oh yeah I knew that, its actually a funny anecdote since only Miyazaki knew, even the concept artists werent aware of it. I think its fine to keep it manly, its nit supposed to even hint at a feminine figure

Raging Spaniard

A shot at my process since I managed to get most of my thumbnails in one page. Very small sketch to know where Im going and then I just assign it to memory and go for the full drawing from there (I still pencil out the final drawing before inking though)

CSIFkc9UcAEhJdZ.jpg:large

Raging Spaniard

Posting some progress on the Gaping Dragon since its such a cool, layered design that I wanted to keep some shots for myself (in case I fuck it up as I finish)

CSJSNDMUAAEDJ3W.jpg:large

CSJZgTzUwAA1u0e.jpg:large

Jhoan

Been falling behind on the pace since I have a ton of drawing that I did that I need to finish and ink! Expect a massive dump from me some time before Halloween weekend. Rest assure that I've been inking stuff whether it's people, some fan art, or from my imagination. Been fighting the urge to do digital inking since I'm not gonna have much time over the weekend but will hold off.

@Raging Spaniard: Here's another game fan art idea that you might be interested in drawing in the future since it reminds me so much of it and I know you're a fan of: Dragon's Dogma. I thought about doing more fan art from that game myself since so many damn good moments to illustrate from fighting a massive cyclops to being ambushed by goblins in the forests to facing off against Grigori.

Platy

Funny enogh leeches sucking the blood of the patience was a pretty common medical procedure long time ago =P

Raging Spaniard

Quelaag enjoying the gentle warmth of her sword, because when youre a half spider lady you need to find ways to entertain yourself.

tumblr_nwwf9oe4CA1qed0geo1_1280.jpg

Raging Spaniard

We be ringing that second bell of awakening like it wasnt a fluke we killed Quelaag or nothing like that, nope.

CSYb9nDUYAAyiCF.jpg:medium

SerRodrik

Days 25-27.
That sphinx was a major pain in the ass. You ever do that thing where you get halfway through a drawing and get a part just how you want it, then realize you've run out of room and you have to restart on a new page? Plan your drawings people, don't be like me.

That squirrel turned out really well though. It might be one of the best things I've done this inktober.

Raging Spaniard

I almost forgot to draw this guy, I was gonna roll right into Sens Fortress, but Frampt will not be denied!

CSd2iv7UAAAWr7L.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom