• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ArtGAF - InkTober 2015 - participate and share!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A98AqaU.jpg
Started watching season 4 of American Horror Story and have been enjoying it. Decided to take a crack at this Mordrake character...

Digital of course but done solely with kyle webster ink brushes

This got a little out of hand, and I really wanted to keep it simple too :|
Haha this happens a little too often for me

'ill just add a little bit of background here....you know what lets add a little more it wont take long!'

1 hr later

'motherfucker'

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ok I need to get less ambitious with these, but the Gargoyle fight demanded my best!

CRpVyUbUsAAMl7_.jpg:large

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Clean scans of the last 3 days.

tumblr_nwgbbg9d8r1qed0geo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nwgbzdmEy31qed0geo1_540.jpg

tumblr_nwgcypsUYu1qed0geo1_1280.jpg

I know this is a hard challenge, but dont lose hope!

Fell behind a few days ( friend's wedding in the mountains!)
Had to throw some quick ones out before the work week starts. I drew some random(not so random) shapes/lines and then tried to fit a creature within the shape!

z0F8Lif.png

eCKeEC2.png

H3CDqrc.png

Raging! These last ones are some of my favorite from your series yet! That fight scene reminds me of the work Katsuya Terada was doing for those Zelda illustrations. Keep em coming!

Raging Spaniard

Fell behind a few days ( friend's wedding in the mountains!)
Had to throw some quick ones out before the work week starts. I drew some random(not so random) shapes/lines and then tried to fit a creature within the shape!

z0F8Lif.png

eCKeEC2.png

H3CDqrc.png

Raging! These last ones are some of my favorite from your series yet! That fight scene reminds me of the work Katsuya Terada was doing for those Zelda illustrations. Keep em coming!

Thank you so much! Terada is a huge influence on me, so thats a huge compliment.

One more for tonight

CRqbp-IUYAA9kiv.jpg:medium

Raging Spaniard

Kept it simple tonight, a tribute to the kindling of the bonfire

CRvj_G6VAAA1Kuh.jpg:large

If you were to put that act into a realistic prism, its a pretty fucked up thing to do, but alas, the fire demands it.

Raging Spaniard

Nice job guys, Im seeing a lot of improvement on the way silhouettes are being separated with negative space and with shading. Its good to see.

Raging Spaniard

Holy crap at those Dark Souls drawings. Brilliant!

DM_Uselink, love your creatures!

Thank you very much! Its been a very fun and rewarding project so far, Ive gotten a great reaction from the community, even VaatiVidya helped spread the word :)

FRV

mKuFsqo.jpg

Straight lines what is that? Good practice though. I think I need to ink more traditionally to get more secure with my lines.

late today

blame furniture with required assembly upon delivery

Awesome. And not like every other illustrator. I really dig your work man.
Thanks! Glad you like it! If you want to see most of the other stuff I do you can find it at
instagram - edgar.uvm
twitter @edgaruvm
edgaruvm.tumblr.com

If youre interested, I also do a webcomic called Rage Against the Jackal. Thats where like 90% of my artistic effort goes

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
You carefully turn the key and open the door, finding a small, circular room with a staircase to your left. But as you move your head to the right to scan the room, you are greeted with a an enormous hammer shaped like a giant dragon's tooth.

The only image you make out before your skull collapses is that of a human silhouette wearing bulky, impossibly heavy armour and a great shield bigger than anything you've ever seen.

"Impossible", you mutter as your vision blurs and darkness swallows you.

Your life and mission ends here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom