• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ArtGAF - InkTober 2015 - participate and share!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Day 7 - Immortan Joe

IqVTnDk.jpg

Drew from a screengrab which I'm... kind of terrible at. Everything always ends up way too stiff when I try to go direct from reference.

LegendX48

My goodness, everyone's inks are so damned good lol

I gotta get better! I'll (ideally) have day 6, 7 and 8 up tomorrow. 6 kinda took me a while and I'm debating between coloring it or not now lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
For day 6, the Crestfallen Knight tells us some jokes ... or is he being serious?!?!

CQxdNalUAAENFlO.jpg

Wasn't able to take the pics yesterday and I know I got to stop excusing myself but I need to stop rushing these out and take my time =/

Day 6:

Day 7 (Super sloppy coloring =/):

Also, RagingSpaniard, god damn. I just really love all of your pieces, you're amazing at shading/details and expressions.

#3 Gaffer portrait: Lys Skygge

Just quick and dirty practice.

J2ZMCi5.png

@H.Protagonist:

Thanks! I like how deliberate the choice of your lines are in your piece, especially the little details like the thumb swirl. Will definitely check out that thread for some days, should be fun to do portraits of GAF.

Cheers. Just following the outlines of my original pencil sketches, but the frayed tip of the brush makes for some awkward lines. Sometimes, like with the thumb swirl, I'm OK with that, though. :) And you should definitely pop into the portrait thread. It's my (rekindled) morning routine to try my hand in there, and it's a great warm up. Certainly gets me some Inktobers under my lazy belt...

Jhoan

Not gonna have time to scan and upload any drawings over the weekend but here's days 3-7 in order. Will edit this post and add in day 8 as will draw it fast before heading out or tonight after I get home:
No time to finish coloring this one so selective colors it was
U8tLNmg.jpg

TIIPwa3.jpg

Drqrwr8.jpg

ZhRluwD.jpg

pVm4JQu.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Really not a fan of how this turned out, but wanted to stay on schedule so I have to submit *something*:

I've seen your art for awhile now RS and it's always been really impressive. For a inked work such as this, how long would you say it normally takes you?

Thanks man (nice drawing!) Id say it takes me about an hour and a half per drawing. This last one I drew while watching wrestling sooo I wasnt paying close attention haha

Impossible for me to do something everyday given my real 8-5 job as well as current projects but participating nonetheless whenever day I can:

Allen Walker and Yu Kanda from D Gray Man in Kill la Kill costumes and empowering posing

Raging Spaniard

This area may trigger some PTSD from anybody whos played Dark Souls, do you recognize it?

CQ2T5hzUcAAMm-S.jpg:medium

Stencil

Update: Days 7 & 8 (I think)

This one was a product of being frustrated that I couldn't get the sketch to look like her; it ended up being probably the best hand drawn piece of art that I've created, so far

And going along with that style:

I didn't quite capture the free-spirited happy-accident composure of Leah... But, hopefully it's something I can work at having happen consistently, not just out of frustration, lol.

Everyone else's are looking awesome! Thanks GAF for turning me on to this.

Raging Spaniard

For the artists doing ink washes, my college roommate Mike Henderson, who draws Nailbiter for Image, is one of my favorite inkwash artist. May provide some good inspiration

Heres some of his art

Raging Spaniard

Nice! Those are impressice. On that topic, any tips? I'm a newcomer to inkwashes and I've just been using watered down India ink on water color paper.

I like to start reeeal loose, you seem to be starting off with medium tones where I would probably cover the area with a really washed out gray and then build up from there, barely ever going full black on inks.

This area may trigger some PTSD from anybody whos played Dark Souls, do you recognize it?

CQ2T5hzUcAAMm-S.jpg:medium

It actually does the opposite for me, I spent a good half hour or so going in every other (deadly) direction like the graveyard and New Londo Ruins so when I finally noticed this route that I should've been taking it was more like sweet relief.

Raging Spaniard

Super happy with this one, the moment where that damn dragon scares the shit out of you in Undead Burg and the framerate goes to shit was fantastic.

This is also a drawing I could end up painting up, doesnt always happen with inked art

CQ70ZgmUAAA9ZS_.jpg:medium

Raging Spaniard

Come on guys, Saturdays dont mean you can slack!

(this was drawn in the laundromat)

CQ_sfPFUcAAEePI.jpg:medium

I like the idea that eventhough sure "the chosen undead" youre still just a dude who is practically hollow, no different from other enemies in the game.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
I JUST started reading The Way of Kings! Its my right before sleeping book so progress is slow, but Im digging it so far.
! That's awesome, it's some damn good fantasy and Sanderson is a big art fan who likes to pack his books with as much eye candy as he can responsibly commission. :p Enjoy!

Relevant to Inktober - Ben McSweeney aka Inkthinker, the main illustrator for the books, has some awesome inks. People should check out his stuff for some inspiration.

SerRodrik

I got super lazy about putting up my drawings, so here's days 5 - 8. I've got a couple more that I still need to scan, so I'll try to post them later today.

Maybe I should hit that portrait drawing thread the next time I'm running low on ideas.

Come on guys, Saturdays dont mean you can slack!

(this was drawn in the laundromat)

CQ_sfPFUcAAEePI.jpg:medium

I like the idea that eventhough sure "the chosen undead" youre still just a dude who is practically hollow, no different from other enemies in the game.
haha i was gonna post somethibg yesterday buuut mexicos win destroyed my late evening art plans
kJt3BIK.jpg

another digital inks one. work in progress panel for my comic. made some payers semi transparent just to show i draw the figures pretty much fully even if they mostly get covered up later.

Raging Spaniard

Do you remember the first time you rtan into one of these fuckers? Goddamn I ran so fast.

CRF1Zz6UkAAk_QI.jpg:medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom