• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Article: Anti-Muslim Attacks on the Rise in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
People want to put all the blame on trump and idiots that resonate with him, but there are plenty of self-proclaimed liberals also responsible for creating an atmosphere conducive to Muslims being attacked. Check any thread involving Muslims/Islam that's not specifically about an assault...

Truth.

People want to put all the blame on trump and idiots that resonate with him, but there are plenty of self-proclaimed liberals also responsible for creating an atmosphere conducive to Muslims being attacked. Check any thread involving Muslims/Islam that's not specifically about an assault...

Do you ever leap to the defense of anything positive

Fox News (over decades) and Trump do so much damage it's not even funny.

Just in the local news about my former middle school, there was a 7th grader who threaten to being a gun to school to shoot a 6th grader. The 7th grader called the 6th grader "Son of ISIS" and other racist comments. All of it was caught on camera. Wtf is wrong with people.

Big media should be reporting on this instead of spending 24/7 on ISIS, the attack in California going on and on speculating about motive, but they don't actually have a heart and a conscious and care how dangerous the rhetoric, and the constant coverage of muslims only in a negative light is. It's the same with any group of people. I saw a little compilation from ABC news that highlighted the positive, but it was like 60 seconds, and you're apparently not getting that anywhere else.

They help create this idea of the other, that it's ok to being a fearful(aka bigoted) little pussy, and perpetuate these kind of attacks and discrimination. I don't care what you think about Islam itself, I have my reservations about any religion, but they should be doing their best to protect the minorities in this country, not become part of the problem. You expect that from Fox News, but these other networks aren't much different in this regard.

I'm not saying they're not responsible, I'm saying they're not the only ones responsible.

You're not wrong, liberals like to point the finger at republicans for fanning the flames when they themselves take part.

I particularly like the "not a race therefore it's ok" crowd. It's great justification for their bigotry

Cerium

Back when Trump was focused on mass deportation and walls Anti-Hispanic attacks were up as well.

There's a direct correlation there.

Black Muslims need to start carrying.
whoa.png
we all know that 400 years of genocide should be met with peaceful protests.
whoa.png
Be more like the doctored image of MLK
whoa.png

Black Muslims need to start carrying.

2nd Amendment only defends White Americans. I can assure you, if someone brought up the notion that there should be tighter gun laws... for Muslim-Americans and minorities(in general), the Right Wing Conservatives would probably say, "Yeah, that's a good idea!".

Seriously, don't know how long until the bubble bursts. Even though our eyes have turned towards Muslim extremists since the Paris attack, that never erased all the other shit that's still going down over here against minorities(like that recent police shooting of the guy at the gas station). We ARE fighting a war, but it's not one ONLY against Extreme Muslims, it's a war against EXTREMISTS in general. Islamic Extremists, Extreme Nationalism(so-called "Real Americans"), White Extremists, the fires aren't going to quell until we fight against this hatred on ALL sides, because turning our back on one while we face another isn't helping anyone.

y2dvd

You're not wrong, liberals like to point the finger at republicans for fanning the flames when they themselves take part.

I particularly like the "not a race therefore it's ok" crowd. It's great justification for their bigotry

So if I say I hate the idea of scaring children into behaving morally or else they will go to hell for instance, would you think that's a bigoted comment?

Link

The Autumn Wind
December 7

North Palm Beach, Florida: 27-year-old Joshua Killets was arrested for smashing windows and overturning furniture at the Islamic Center of Palm Beach. Killets had previously posted Islamophobic content on his Facebook profile. Killets even bragged about committing the act to the person who reported the incident to local police.

IPbBIDO.jpg
What the hell.
Why is this psychopath even allowed to own guns? Talk about irony. Spot the terrorist.

So if I say I hate the idea of scaring children into behaving morally or else they will go to hell for instance, would you think that's a bigoted comment?

How is that related? I mean, that's part of Christianity too, but mysteriously people aren't attacked for "looking Christian." People who aren't Muslim are attacked for looking Muslim...wonder what the criteria could be...

2nd Amendment only defends White Americans. I can assure you, if someone brought up the notion that there should be tighter gun laws... for Muslim-Americans and minorities(in general), the Right Wing Conservatives would probably say, "Yeah, that's a good idea!".

Seriously, don't know how long until the bubble bursts. Even though our eyes have turned towards Muslim extremists since the Paris attack, that never erased all the other shit that's still going down over here against minorities(like that recent police shooting of the guy at the gas station). We ARE fighting a war, but it's not one ONLY against Extreme Muslims, it's a war against EXTREMISTS in general. Islamic Extremists, Extreme Nationalism(so-called "Real Americans"), White Extremists, the fires aren't going to quell until we fight against this hatred on ALL sides, because turning our back on one while we face another isn't helping anyone.
Shit man we gotta fight the government too, that's going to be hard man 😥😥😥. The FBI alone has already shown that they can end civil right movements like it's nothing😖.

That's totally ok, but when you only keep attacking one specific religion for it, well then you can't deny that some sort of bias exists.

How many bat shit insane Religious radicals exist not to mention the shit they do, yet we have almost weekly threads in regards to Islam.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Something tells me he's the kind of guy who, if he'd been allowed to enlist, would have pissed himself at the first actual contact with an armed enemy.

Or shot some civilians and thought nothing of it. No trigger discipline in that photo.

Ishan

I study at penn state (Indian citizen on a visa /born Hindu) . The kid was just drunk and idiotic . He was wrong no questions asked . But there is no reason to wreck his life for a drunk mistake . He should get counseling so he understands other cultures andaybe even try and travel abroad if he can to experience things . He's an idiot but I'm not for wrecking anyone's career for a grabbing of someone's shirt and some roughshod ding . That's wrong but this kid can seriously jeopardize his life over a stupid act while drunk .

Imo kid essentially needs a roughshodding himself so he can know his testosterone has limits but that's it .

cashman

Banned
I study at penn state (Indian citizen on a visa /born Hindu) . The kid was just drunk and idiotic . He was wrong no questions asked . But there is no reason to wreck his life for a drunk mistake . He should get counseling so he understands other cultures andaybe even try and travel abroad if he can to experience things . He's an idiot but I'm not for wrecking anyone's career for a grabbing of someone's shirt and some roughshod ding . That's wrong but this kid can seriously jeopardize his life over a stupid act while drunk .

Imo kid essentially needs a roughshodding himself so he can know his testosterone has limits but that's it .

Be racist, get a free vaction. Sounds like a good idea.

Ishan

Be racist, get a free vaction. Sounds like a good idea.

I'm just saying he can learn . Doesn't have to wreck his career over it . And as I said I go to penn state am Indian so I've seen some of this but he's a kid counsel and teach him . Dunno just saying as I did again and again it's wrong but not something for evicerating someone's career over which is what will happen if that guy gets convicted of those felonies.

Cerium

I'm just saying he can learn . Doesn't have to wreck his career over it . And as I said I go to penn state am Indian so I've seen some of this but he's a kid counsel and teach him . Dunno just saying as I did again and again it's wrong but not something for evicerating someone's career over which is what will happen if that guy gets convicted of those felonies.

He'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom