• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Artist from Activision leaks details about PS5 UI (4D themes, play music through controller)

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: Originally posted and deleted from Reddit (see post #15 for more info/archived link)
Reporter: Details capped:

IwCmSdJ.png

A “Peek on hover” option is available to check what your friends are playing when the selector hovers over the icons.

Further, the leaks also reveal users can play music from their DualSense controllers! Also, rumble at times and even change the colors of lights.

Remember, it's a 'leak' so take with healthy servings of salt

AmbitiousBogusDugong-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned

cormack12

Gold Member
Why would I want to play music from my controller? What need does this fill? What purpose does it serve?

How expensive is this controller going to be?

It looks like casting audio to the controller speaker and also using rumble/lighting is what pushes it from 3D to 4D marketing terminology. So a theme with thunder on might flash the controller light and then give a slight rumble, while ambient rain is played through the controller? Just a use case.

Oddspeak

Just so people know, the screenshot is mine. Here it is for convenience, since that other site deep fried the fuck out of it:

It even has the little bar of white at the top.

But if you want to see the deleted post for yourself, all you have to do is open the Reddit thread, go up to the URL and replace the "r" in "reddit" to a "c" and you'll be redirected to a site that shows you deleted messages. Here's a direct link. This should come in handy if you stumble upon a "leak" on the site that's been deleted before you got to it.

Anyway, as for the "leak," I don't know. It doesn't seem outlandish enough to kick my BS alarm off in an instant, but it also doesn't sound particularly convincing.

Last edited:

reptilex

Banned
Sounds sort of like the couple of seconds of this concept mockup, with the titles at the bottom and background change. Everything else sounds different though

A bit messy in the organisation but amazing concept...I bet this concept is going to look nicer than the final PS5 one.

Orta

Banned
Anyone miss the days of sticking a disc in a console and it just plays the damn thing?

I haven't spent more than an hour on the 360, PS3 or PS4 dashboard in the years I've owned all three.

Should be a setting to just bypass them and straight into the game

(awaits 'there is a setting' reply) :messenger_neutral:

Last edited:

Bankai

Anyone miss the days of sticking a disc in a console and it just plays the damn thing?

I haven't spent more than an hour on the 360, PS3 or PS4 dashboard in the years I've owned all three.

Should be a setting to just bypass them and straight into the game

(awaits 'there is a setting' reply) :messenger_neutral:

Eh no. I'm sick of having to put in a disc AT ALL. Much rather start all my games from the homescreen, without a freaking disc. So much more convenient.
I've been gaming since the C64 days, but I love the PS GUI (could be faster and slicker though) and the concept of digital games.

TonyK

As a professional myself, I not only don't like these inner leaks but also, I think it will be super easy for Activision to identify this person due to that UI assigned task. So, I think he will be fired soon.
He is not doing leak because he wants to hurt Activision, it's because he wants his minute of attention.

Kimahri

Banned
PS4 already has a speaker. Just sounds like they've added the ability to emit sounds from the controller while in the UI

The speaker was shit and I never once used it. Expensive controller though.

Wish these console makers would stop shoving useless junk into the controllers to make them more expensive. I might have to replace it at some point.

jigglet

Banned
Being able to play music through my controller would have blown my mind back when iPod was still popular.

lolz

I love the speaker though. After Wii pioneered it, I was hoping it would become a mainstay but it just faded into obscurity. Hopefully this means a comeback.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Lol how would anything he said “fuck over activision”? He basically said a whole bunch of nothing.

Also dude sounds like a man child. His first few sentences sound like someone that’s just got their first job and got fired for being shit.

Last edited:

Tarkus98

I’m now thinking of the size of the footprint/amount of memory/hard drive space these themes and game icons are going to take up.
Every gen they get bigger and take up more valuable drive space. Ugh.

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

Listening to music on a crappy controller speaker?, cool I guess....

I cut off the sound of the controller In every games on PS4 and will continue on PS5.

i hope the PS5 UI is better and that they will redesign the store.

Rolla

Banned
This is so fake that I'm ashamed I read the first paragraph. The entire premise of the leak ie "I'm a pissed off activision so I'm going to leak details of the PS5 UI" doesn't even meet the requirements of basic fake gaming leaks.

sn0man

Is this the 4d? When you blow(j) the dual sense? :D

Come on let’s play a game.
that’s it.
shoot that bad guy.
good job.
lets go.
shoot faster.
Your criticisms are insightful
Keep shooting
That’s great
Your going to win
Shoot faster
Witty trash talking
You’ll surely get laid
Keep going
Faster
Faster
:messenger_rocket:😓

Great game
Here, have some achievements
Entering rest mode

Jesb

I guess it’s safe to say Sony isn’t improving trophies or removing them just leaving as is?

Top Bottom