• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Artist from Activision leaks details about PS5 UI (4D themes, play music through controller)

manzo

Any sounds from a controller is the first thing any parent who plays in the evening will mute. Even when I’m alone, I play with good headphones. Even if I would be playing on a sound system, the muffled sounds of the controller gets muted instantly.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Anyone miss the days of sticking a disc in a console and it just plays the damn thing?

I haven't spent more than an hour on the 360, PS3 or PS4 dashboard in the years I've owned all three.

Should be a setting to just bypass them and straight into the game

(awaits 'there is a setting' reply) :messenger_neutral:

Word.
dcbios_shot1.jpg

But I can totally appreciate a good dashboard.
Im one of those weirdos who when taking a short break from gaming, say when I switch from one to another, I leave the console on the dashboard instead of on the games menu.
Just a weirdo over here.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Dreamcast. Totally different scenario. Totally :messenger_sunglasses:
tenor.gif

Because, I can see the controller bobbing in my head.
He has a problem with Activision... so he leaks Sony info?

* FACEPALM *

How to hurt Activision 101.
Sony pay them mega buck for advertising rights.
Mega mega bucks because it includes custom themes, exclusive content and all that jazz.
Activision leaks Sonys stuff.
Sony gets pissed....says Fuck Activision, they cant even keep our secrets safe.
Sony not willing to pay mega mega bucks for next advertising deal and exclusive content....if they even take it, by then they have enough consoles out there they dont "need" Activision.

Activision boss butthurt because instead of swan diving like fucking Lara Croft from 10 stories up into his pool of money, he as to perform and inward twist high dive from a measly 9.992 stories.

Leaker = Unemployed but happy he stood up to the man, the hero we never knew we needed, dead before he could even reach the light.
Gamers? Forget about this story by lunchtime Thursday.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It looks like casting audio to the controller speaker and also using rumble/lighting is what pushes it from 3D to 4D marketing terminology. So a theme with thunder on might flash the controller light and then give a slight rumble, while ambient rain is played through the controller? Just a use case.

AH. Thanks for that example.

NickFire

Am I the only one who sees next gen UI threads and thinks the only thing that will really change is how they pitch ads at us?

skneogaf

I fully expect the ui to be very similar to ps4 ui.

I only select game, use settings and the awful store so if they at least improve the store I'll be happy.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Activision gonna be livid. Their PS5 developer licence revoked by Sony after that ‘leak’

Tschumi

....okay i just dream'magined... people out there are gonna do everything they possibly can to break one of these triggers and make a big stink about costs of repairs/replacement or flimsy construction.

Top Bottom