• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Artwork from Pixar's canceled film newt

Status
Not open for further replies.

celebi23

QWVCw.png

So, for the uninformed, Pixar announced newt around the same time as Cars 2 and Brave. Cars 2 was moved to 2011 and then newt was moved to 2012. It was canceled in 2009. Pixar posted a bunch of artwork on Facebook a few years back and then yesterday, one former artist posted some on her blog but, took it down today. I luckily downloaded it all and put together a nice gallery of all of the released artwork:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17689746/galleria/plugins/newt/newt.html

Vicehii

Neo Member
The preproduction looked lovely, but I heard they were afraid of it becoming a typical romantic comedy. It's a shame this got canned, but they kept going with Cars.

Jhoan

The artwork looks absolutely amazing. I'm pretty stunned. It's a shame nothing came of it. Thanks for sharing.

celebi23

My goal was just to save the artwork in case it was taken down. It was pretty easy to set up the gallery. I'm glad you guys like it.

Ultima_5

After cars 2 I was very worried about Pixar. Then I watched brave last week and thought it was excellent. Pixar is here to stay.

On topic. Looked pretty. Hope they have something else that's better in the pipe line :)

Vicehii

Neo Member
fuck everything.

First Pixar movie in ages with appealing art design. Looks beautiful.

BRAVE in concept was great, but became too noisy for an animated film. Didn't seem to know what it wanted to be...visually, or thematically (but that's for many reasons).
What was the last new, appealing design direction for a features of theirs? UP? I guess that would be awhile ago.

Guys we gotta face it, the movie would have been even more pointless than Finding Nemo. Amphibian shit is always b-tier when it comes to Pixar and even Disney's own stuff. Sure the movie might have been alright, but it wasn't going to be Toy Story or the Incredibles. Even the Little Mermaid was b-tier to stuff like Sleeping Beauty or Snow White. Not saying the film didn't deserve its fair shot, but yeah.

DJ88

Guys we gotta face it, the movie would have been even more pointless than Finding Nemo. Amphibian shit is always b-tier when it comes to Pixar and even Disney's own stuff. Sure the movie might have been alright, but it wasn't going to be Toy Story or the Incredibles. Even the Little Mermaid was b-tier to stuff like Sleeping Beauty or Snow White. Not saying the film didn't deserve its fair shot, but yeah.

Wtf is this shit? Anyways, sucks even more seeing that art now. I thought the premise of the story was really good.

celebi23

So, I forgot to upload/mention something else. So while trying to find more artwork from newt, I did a search for it on tumblr (kinda forget why I chose to look there) and came across these from the Best (Fake) Movies (Never) Made
tumblr_m7cedjNPsB1rbsnkno1_r1_500.jpg

The casting is fake and I'm pretty sure the Drs' names are too. Just wanted to make sure there was no confusion.

Jason Bateman as Newt N. Newt, an amphibian that has only known the lab and, until recently, thought he was the last of his kind.

Robin Wright as Brooke, a wild female that doesn’t want to be stuck in the same terrarium as he male companion.

Paul Giamatti as Dr. Alan Murray, a scientist that works in the same building as Dr. Wilton and has a crush on her as well.

Kristen Schaal as Dr. Sarah Wilton, the lead scientist trying to save the blue-footed species.

The nature sets all look really good but everything outside of the turn looks pretty weak.

I'll have to see Rio.

It seems that there are a lot of similarities to Bolt as well.

Lakitu

st5fu
Artwork looks amazing... would have been so much better if they released this instead of Cars 2 for instance.

jediyoshi

Tell me more about amphibian shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom