• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asia PS+ monthly PS4 lineup is insane

warheat

Fuck. This is ridiculous. The irony of it all is that I live in Asia and I've been using an NA PS+ account. Jesus...

I've got an HK PSN account, though, but would my PS+ privileges (cloud storage whatever, online multiplayer, etc.) be available with the NA account so long as both accounts are on my PS4?

"Yes" to online multiplayer but "No" to cloud storage.

Ogawa-san

Reminds me of the good old times when Sony needed to enthuse people to buy PS+.

And then

CzPEuFS.png

bunkitz

"Yes" to online multiplayer but "No" to cloud storage.

Shame. The online MP's what I would care about the most, though, so not that big a loss, I suppose.

Will wait out til my current subscription runs out in May then watch out for the Asian lineup before I jump on. Guess I'll start buying HK PSN cards soon.

God. I can't believe I missed out on God of War III and Zestiria. I wanted both of those games. Dammit. Fuck.

PS4 is super-dominant in these areas.

Anecdotally, it looks something like this.

PlayStation >>>>> Nintendo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Xbox

PS4 outsold Xbox One much much harder compared to US and EU, in my area Xbox One S bundle costs higher than PS4 Pro.

SEA is basically Sonyland because Microsoft don't officially support these region (only Singapore). I would love to get myself Scorpio, but if the price is anything like X1S, it might costs 2 times higher than PS4 Pro because local game store has to import the console since it's not officially supported.

Ah got it. Thanks for the info guys!

Well honestly at this rate when my PS+ lapses on my standard German account this November I might aswell just buy a year of Asia PS+, it will spill over to my regular account anyway o.o

Kanann

If you all gonna go Asia account, don't go HK.
SEA like Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand get English version of games but HK is often Chinese.

Next 2-3 years, Thailand may change to have Thai language version instead, so Singapore is the safest I assumes.

warheat

If you all gonna go Asia account, don't go HK.
SEA like Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand get English version of games but HK is often Chinese.

Next 2-3 years, Thailand may change to have Thai language version instead, so Singapore is the safest I assumes.

Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore should be the safest bet because there's no way Indonesia language will get localised. And Malaysia and Singapore will probably always have English as their main language.

Ms is about to blow it wide open with the monthly game service anyways.

I don't think they want to put them up for free when they can keep trying to sell them for atleast 5 to ten dollars like Infamous, Killzone and the order.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
But... But... But I was told there aren't enough ps4 games for them to give out games like this!

Again this is blatantly obvious why they've given us why they have. They got in with their trojan horse and now that they have us they can drop the quality without worry of us dropping out.

Gurish

But... But... But I was told there aren't enough ps4 games for them to give out games like this!

Again this is blatantly obvious why they've given us why they have. They got in with their trojan horse and now that they have us they can drop the quality without worry of us dropping out.

Pretty sad but true. no one can give a better explanation than this, when they were desperate for more customers during the PS3 days it was incredible, now that they got us in the bag they don't give a shit, obviously they now try to gather more attention in Asia, so they care there.

nordique

This "insane" line up was the norm or close to the norm during the ps3 PS plus era

This is what I envisioned when I purchased PS plus for ps4.

Right now I pay for online service I don't play, and for games I would not buy otherwise. It's really fallen from what it was.

I really hope those PS+ changes were true. I really wouldn't mind a digital "greatest hits" ps+ game every month or something. All those titles Sony are starting to make $20 retail, would be nice to have in my digital collection. These are some crazy good incentives for this region though Jesus.

Eusis

Wow NA and I'm assuming other regions are getting screwed
In regards to the hypothetical person who jumps in RIGHT NOW, I kind of wonder about that.

For the long time subscriber though, yeah, it's more black and white because Life is Strange is "so last month" and not the thing to look forward to next month.

ckleow

Current promo going for asia ps+ subscription

ccd4f011-f550-43dc-98e0-416517552d9c.jpg

DANGANRONPA 1.2 Reload + PS Plus 12 month subscription (Chinese/Japanese Ver.) SGD53.90 (Normal 1 year sub is SGD43.90, therefore +SGD10)

8e462aa4-5d7e-4de2-a2bf-c64f7c29cffd.jpg

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
This is what happens when you don't have a bunch of suckers subbing purely for online play. This is what WE used to have. I still despise all of you for not ripping Sony a new one when they revealed the online paywall. This is all your fault and I hate you all for it.

bbalde

Honestly, it's a friend that just want to shoot me virtually, forced me to have a subscription for a year... Otherwise I was very fine without PS+. That thing is a marvelous joke.

Capetown/South Africa

tsundoku

topic for morons who dont understand creating and growing a market or "loss leaders"

for anyone who is actually in R3 and enjoying their playstation i'm glad you got some great games like ffxv
im sorry abou gravity rush
have fun

I assume it's not as easy as the Xbox to get other region games?

On there you just change your region through the web page, download whatever game is free that month and then change back to your location.

Something tell me it won't be that easy on the PS4...

Eusis

In regards to the hypothetical person who jumps in RIGHT NOW, I kind of wonder about that.

For the long time subscriber though, yeah, it's more black and white because Life is Strange is "so last month" and not the thing to look forward to next month.
Actually that Danganronpa promo makes up for the "well Life is Strange is arguably the better game anyway" angle, damn. Have to commit to a year, but still.

ckleow

I assume it's not as easy as the Xbox to get other region games?

On there you just change your region through the web page, download whatever game is free that month and then change back to your location.

Something tell me it won't be that easy on the PS4...

Nope. It's tied to your psn account's region selected during account creation,
Hence an account will only have access a single region store.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Xbox barely exist here. Market ratio for PS4: Xbox in SEA is probably 80:20.

As of a few months ago it was 60:1.
There have been months when Xbox One sold less than a hundred units. Shit is grim.
EDIT: Oh, Asia... whoops that's Japan sales.

Kinyou

Yet again, exactly what ps+ used to be during ps3 times. Damn jealous.

topic for morons who dont understand creating and growing a market or "loss leaders"

for anyone who is actually in R3 and enjoying their playstation i'm glad you got some great games like ffxv
im sorry abou gravity rush
have fun
Gee, who pissed into your cheerios this morning?

Top Bottom