• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asian-GAF: We're all the same, like Stormtroopers |OT| |AT|

Izuna

Banned
:( I want to eat some Chinese food, but London only has "western" Chinese food. Damnit, when I get back to Manchester I'll go to China town

BlueSteel

This coming New Year is going to be the first Lunar New Year I'm going to spend without my family. I feel like that's bad luck or something.

Looks like I'll have ample time to farm for them new Overwatch outfits.

I'm the opposite. I'll be home but I want that dva skin ._.

New years for us isn't too big a deal though. We eat some nicer food and that's it.

zeemumu

I was made aware that California Adventure is celebrating Lunar New Year

DLUD1_09.jpg

DLUD1_11.jpg

DLUD1_10.jpg
I'll go check it out when I have time. Maybe Thursday.

Izuna

Banned
Wifey and I decided on the best Cuisine for LNY.

She never tried it before a few months ago and now she's convertered.

You guys can guess before I take pics

Moonkid

Overwatch update is out, it's a shame D.VA got nerfed even though virtually everyone disagreed with the changes in PTR. I'm still gonna get that skin though :p I want her next cultural skin to be a turtle ship hehe.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I'm honestly leaning on becoming a vegetarian. Getting a kitty recently and watching a bunch of animal clips on YT ain't helping haha. When and why did you become one?

Been one all my life - parents are vegetarian and raised me and my bro that way. :D Just stuck with it cuz why not? Plus I have no idea how my digestive system would handle meat after not eating it for 31+ years

So question for other American born KA here. Do you guys celebrate Seollal/Lunar New Year regularly? My family transitioned most of the celebratory stuff for it over to the Gregorian (i.e. Dec - > Jan 1) New Years, like eating tteokguk, playing yutnori and doing sebae but we never really observed Seollal in the States. Also, I do remember observing Chuseok kinda sorta with a meal and stuff, but nothing like it is in Korea.

That being said, my wife is Chinese so I get to enjoy both worlds. :)

BlueSteel

Overwatch update is out, it's a shame D.VA got nerfed even though virtually everyone disagreed with the changes in PTR. I'm still gonna get that skin though :p I want her next cultural skin to be a turtle ship hehe.

I actually didn't realize the nerf came with the patch. Played her last night and was doing alright.

Moonkid

I actually didn't realize the nerf came with the patch. Played her last night and was doing alright.
I got shredded whenever I played her even though I tried playing more like Winston which admittedly was her original role. I'm gonna keep trying though, can't just give up~!

zeemumu

I got shredded whenever I played her even though I tried playing more like Winston which admittedly was her original role. I'm gonna keep trying though, can't just give up~!

I'm a Tracer player. The only tank I know how to use is Reinhardt. I'm pretty crap with the others.

Nudull

Banned

I'm a D.Va player and I haven't felt much difference, win-wise. I can still dominate.

BlueSteel

I do enjoy me a mooncake with redbean and egg yolk filling... yum yum.

Suncakes are dope too.

I started off playing Pharah, but I stunk to high heaven. My mains are DVa and Zen, with the occasional Soldier if needed.

Take back those lies!!!! (Funnily enough, StMeph and you share the same opinion on sun and moon cakes.)

I love both. Moon cakes are delicious, and more varied than yummy, flaky suncakes.

Wish I could find a bakery with suncakes as good as the ones from Taiwan. QQ
Mooncake is always too damn dry.

It's like there's a party in my mouth, and everyone's bogged down and exhausted.

Is this how Asian GAF dies, in a hail of soup dumplings and suncake crumbs?

Btw happy very early new year. What are y'all doing to celebrate?

I don't really "celebrate it" since I'm not Asian, but I'm going to probably go with a few friends to Pacific Mall (which is an Asian mall in my area) because they always have celebrations there and it's interesting to see. After that going to grab dim sum with my friends.

I can't remember the last time I celebrated Chinese New Year. I just remember as a kid it was the time of year that my dad threatened us to not make him angry or else... to this day I dunno why we listened. The man had a temper problem the rest of the year but somehow for Chinese New Year he kept it in check...

My dad was the mean eldest and scariest one on his side of the family growing up.. my cousins would hide from him when he was around.

Top Bottom