• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assasin's Creed: Shadows Main menu Leaked. Dual Protagonists Confirmed

Draugoth

Gold Member
Someone on Reddit has show the main menu of Assassin's Creed Codename Red. The menu shows an image whose main color is red, and you can see the game logo (without the name, of course) and the two main protagonists, who are a samurai and an Assassin. In fact, one of the options that can be chosen in that menu is the possibility of choosing either of the two characters. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, you can see it below:

jqto0jo-1152x1536.jpeg.webp

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Is this supposed to be the typical too big for its own good Ubi bloat or are they taking a more “focused” approach like Mirage (which I also couldn’t finish)

Last edited:

Spyxos

Is this a real game again? Or a DLC that is being sold as a full-price game? However, the setting makes it interesting and I've been waiting forever for an Assassins Creed in Japan.

Bartski

Gold Member
I don't think anyone makes a dev build and calls it "DEMO" for shits and giggles. When was that next ubi showcase again?

Z O N E

Was hoping the leak regarding Yasuke was wrong.

Imagine finally making an Assassin's Creed game set in Japan and one of the main characters is not even Japanese. It's just stupid.

Certinty

Always wanted an AC in Japan with Samurai's.
That ship sailed when we got Ghost of Tsushima.
And it's still embarrassing to this day how Sucker Punch made a better Ass Creed type of game in one attempt than Ubisoft have in over 10.

Plus, they also found a better middle ground of old Ass Creed and new RPG Ass Creed than Ubisoft have even come close to finding.

Can't wait for GoT2.

And it's still embarrassing to this day how Sucker Punch made a better Ass Creed type of game in one attempt than Ubisoft have in over 10.

Plus, they also found a better middle ground of old Ass Creed and new RPG Ass Creed than Ubisoft have even come close to finding.

Can't wait for GoT2.
I'm holding out for a PS5 specifically for GoT2, assuming it is happening.

Audiophile

More interested in the tech on this game as an insight to what future fully current gen/next gen iterations will be like. In the the hope that they make another classic Ass Creed after the cross-gen Mirage.

Kings Field

I enjoyed Mirage a lot. It might have been because I didn’t play an AC game since Brotherhood and thoroughly fell in love with the original when it launched and Mirage brought me back to that.

I might try this but if it’s bloated like Valhalla and the other couple it’s an easy pass.

day 1
Hopefully this time we don't get another odissey situation where the female lead was the only valid choice.
They were both "valid", since they just replaced each other in the story, only one way the story goes is "canon" though. Like how choosing either male of female eivor in valhalla are both "valid" ways to play, but the canon option is "animus decides".
This will be more like ac syndicate, where the story stays the same no matter which one of them you are using.

Pelao

Yasuke wasn’t even a samurai. He was a retainer iirc.
Correct.
But even the Japanese like to portray him as a samurai in fiction because they find the idea of a black samurai exotic. In reality he was just Nobunaga's sword bearer.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Hopefully this time we don't get another odissey situation where the female lead was the only valid choice.
Huh? I played as the male and it was a valid choice as well. Canonically, Kassandra is the main character but nobody cares about AC’s story.

Not terrible looking just based on that. But God damn, learn how to make some fluid combat. That would help this series so much. I went back and played Assassins creed unity recently and it's a shame how buggy it was at the time. Bc these days with 60 fps it's pretty damn good.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Is this a real game again? Or a DLC that is being sold as a full-price game? However, the setting makes it interesting and I've been waiting forever for an Assassins Creed in Japan.

My uncle's detached asshole at Nintendo is an insider, he told me that the game will be 900+ hours, featuring Black Wakanda Factions in an ongoing struggle against the Japanese Templars (six of the seven are actually white male targets) The game map is an extensive .5:1 scale model of Japan. Yes, that's correct, the map of in-game Japan is twice as big as actual Japan.

Modern day storyline features French black lesbian conjoined twins in an Abstergo hoverchair being guided to the Shroud of Turin by Desmond Miles' zombified decapitated head. Also the bazooka bludgeon thing from Unity is back.

This seems so not needed today. We have a glut of Japanese open world samurai period games.
Nioh 1, and Nioh 2 (preferred the first game)
Sekiro (never played, no weapon and armor pickups made me avoid).
Ghost of Tushima - Awesome game,
Rise of Ronin - Will play eventually, too many other games first.

Its just too much in one setting.
I seen red and I thought , soviet era. That would of been a cool setting. Russian revolution. Play protecting the czar and meat Rasputin as he is invading the queen (or czaress).
Then play both sides of it, as the bolsheviks do their take over. Missions could have you going all over Moscow on the big buildings there.
I guess the they wouldn't do this due to guns being a thing at the time but i think they could of made it work.

If you go back in time there is so many other good settings too, many European settings, still never done, different cities.
Hell a Aztec /conquistador time period would work too.

That being said, I will keep an open mind. As long as its not too woke - If there is a bunch of transsexuals, whites, blacks, Hispanics, etc... intermixed with the Japanese, outside of visiting character, then yeah that would be an instant pass. Also if they lock everything around micros and live service /always online, then im out too.

Last edited:
I seen red and I thought , soviet era. That would of been a cool setting. Russian revolution. Play protecting the czar and meat Rasputin as he is invading the queen (or czaress).
Unless you missed the big news regarding Russia, a game featured in Russia would probably get a lot of negative attention, especially made by Ubisoft. Ubisoft is stupid but not that stupid. Atomic Heart's decent success was quite a miracle tbh, tho it was announced before the war afair and it did get a ton of negative attention.

Last edited:

GymWolf

day 1

They were both "valid", since they just replaced each other in the story, only one way the story goes is "canon" though. Like how choosing either male of female eivor in valhalla are both "valid" ways to play, but the canon option is "animus decides".
This will be more like ac syndicate, where the story stays the same no matter which one of them you are using.
The chick had a much better voice acting, alexios sounded like a caricature at times.

There is a reason why kassandra was a fan favourite between the 2.

Top Bottom