• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assasin's Creed: Shadows Main menu Leaked. Dual Protagonists Confirmed

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Looks poopie
Yeah...

shit-poop.gif

Laptop1991

Won't be buying on release even though i use to and like AC games, awful company Ubisoft, maybe if it's cheap or given away free at some point.

Last edited:
I seen red and I thought , soviet era. That would of been a cool setting. Russian revolution. Play protecting the czar and meat Rasputin as he is invading the queen (or czaress).
Then play both sides of it, as the bolsheviks do their take over. Missions could have you going all over Moscow on the big buildings there.
I guess the they wouldn't do this due to guns being a thing at the time but i think they could of made it work.

If you go back in time there is so many other good settings too, many European settings, still never done, different cities.
Hell a Aztec /conquistador time period would work too.

An ideology-laden company like Ubisoft can't make a game in these settings without rewriting History from top to bottom.

Topher

Gold Member
day one episode 3 GIF by BBC

Huh? I played as the male and it was a valid choice as well. Canonically, Kassandra is the main character but nobody cares about AC’s story.

I couldn't stand the male voice. Not going to say it wasn't "valid" though.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Man. There was a time when I couldn’t wait for AC. Now, I find it hard to even care about entering threads about AC. What the hell happened? Too much too soon?

I didn't even buy Mirage. They have to radically change the formula.

Didn't they change the formula with Origins? And then released three massive games with the same formula, so now they're trying to go back to the old formula...

I dunno, I checked out of AC after 3.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
What the fuck is this shit.

I finally get an Assassins Creed game in Japan and I have to play a black person or a woman?

cat-funny.gif

Real talk.
Im in.
I skipped Valhalla cuz I was burnt out of the Ubi formula.
But ill bit for this one.
Anvil Next and nextgen only?
Surpass Assassins Creed Unity previews please!
I didn't even buy Mirage. They have to radically change the formula.
You would have probably actually really enjoyed Mirage ironically.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
I see "Xbox series X quality" thats guna blow our minds, I cant imagine how good it will look, maybe even as good as Toy Story finaly ?

Unless you missed the big news regarding Russia, a game featured in Russia would probably get a lot of negative attention, especially made by Ubisoft. Ubisoft is stupid but not that stupid. Atomic Heart's decent success was quite a miracle tbh, tho it was announced before the war afair and it did get a ton of negative attention.
That's ridiculous though. Even though, i know the types of fools who would bitch about it, saying shit like "that dev is a 'puppet of putin', blah blah blah" ....

So no one can dig into history do to a war today (a war that shouldn't be happening, should be brokering for peace, but i will leave it at that).
I don't agree with the soviet regime and think the czars got the raw end of it, but damn, we can look at history and tell stories based of stuff from years ago.

No interest if it plays like Origins, Odyssey or Valhalla.

Less interest if it doesn't fit the more RPG-like mould of those games.

Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla, while being obscenely large maps, are the best Assassin's Creed has ever been. With a smaller map, with more carefully crafted content design, more interesting side activities and less copy/paste would be the absolute zenith of the franchise.

Stripping out the RPG elements would just make the game and combat less interesting gameplay-wise.

The chick had a much better voice acting, alexios sounded like a caricature at times.

There is a reason why kassandra was a fan favourite between the 2.
They were both good. Unlike Valhalla where they went full woke, and made female character look and sound manly. Shit I think male eivor had more of rack. Both had square jaws.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Correct.
But even the Japanese like to portray him as a samurai in fiction because they find the idea of a black samurai exotic. In reality he was just Nobunaga's sword bearer.

Really? Shit. Japanese history is not my area, but I always thought he was a full blown samurai who fought with and protected Nobunaga. I thought he was a big of a foreign samurai as William Adams.

Everyday is a school day.

An ideology-laden company like Ubisoft can't make a game in these settings without rewriting History from top to bottom.
Which sucks as they didn't used to be that way. I guess that happened when they fired half the creative directors and staff, who made them what they are on the pretext of being "sexist"..... ubisoft is toast.

mdkirby

Unless the story is unique to each character, I hate the idea of this. Each will be an interesting and very different way of playing for its setting. But there ain’t no way I’m gonna playing through the whole bloody thing twice.

simpatico

There are tons of female samurai and ninjas in the history books. This game is just aiming to tell #herstory.

Last edited:

Fbh

The protagonists seem fine.
I just hope the combat and gameplay are fun. I liked a lot of elements about AC Odyssey, loved the setting, visuals and I enjoyed Kasandra as a character. It even had some decent sidequests. But it got boring to play fairly quickly due to basic and repetitive combat and stealth.

MonkD

That's why you wont get anymore 10-15 hours games. Because they are percepted as DLC.
Short games are great, but I'd expect more quality from a standalone release.

Mirage was clearly undercooked, and probably would've been better if it was part of Valhalla. Even the horse riding had worse controls and jankier animations. I'll never understand anyone who said that Mirage was more like AC1 than the other recent games, outside of the setting it had all of the modern hallmarks.

Kenpachii

100% origin, 100% odyssey, 100% valhalla, 5% mirage.

Hope its good, but most of all, hope ubisoft starts to implement some god dam DLSS 3 features or DLSS in general.

Spyxos

That's why you wont get anymore 10-15 hours games. Because they are percepted as DLC.
I'm talking about Mirage, that wasn't a real game. That was something carelessly pieced together. I have nothing against shorter games.

Last edited:
I remember TH stating that the game engine for AC has received a massive overhaul and includes its micro-polygon rendering system, and ray-traced global illumination. I'm curious to see what they can pull of visually.

I still remember being blown away by AC Origins when they revealed the gameplay trailer, the game was stunning in terms of graphics and visuals at the time.

Top Bottom