• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assasins Creed Syndicate

funo

The fact that you've enjoyed every single mainline Assassin's Creed shows that you are not the average consumer.
[...]
This is where you make the mistake of assuming that "average gaffer" = "average consumer".
I am pretty sure the average consumer enjoys these games, it's the "average gaffer" (if something like that even exists) who (usually blindly) despises everything that Ubi has done to the series over the course of the last iterations.

Lime

How much do you have to play as Jacob and how much do you have to play as Evie? Is everything entirely optional or is it like Arkham City with 90 % Batman and 10 % Catwoman?

RedAssedApe

Banned
The fact that you've enjoyed every single mainline Assassin's Creed shows that you are not the average consumer.

Of course you will love this game. You love any game with the title.

actually the average consumer more closely mirrors him than the people posting negative things about the series (if continued sales are any indication).

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
- yes, LOADS of codex entries (and they're funny, too, if you're into Rebeccas/Shauns humour)
- sneaking is still "meh" but some (Evie's) missions enforce it nicely - AI is still shit
- yes to the cover thingie but I have rarely used it
- whistling is back, dragging is back (but still useless)
- haystack - maybe :)
Thanks a lot for answering my questions.

Glad to hear both whistling and dragging around bodies are back. Not being able to do those things in Unity was infuriating, so many deaths and alarms have been rung due to a lack of those two very simple functions.
I blame the focus on co-op missions for that, can't think of any other reason.

And yes, I can apreciate Shaun's humour. Glad to hear that's still intact.
The Dutch translations of those codex entries have been pretty great in previous entries. That doesn't happen often. Ubi has some great translators.

Anyhow, that was a bit of a mental side-road. Thanks again. :)

Muffdraul

What's up with the personal attacks? You're pulling the same shit in the other AC thread too. Not cool.

MUnited83

For you.

Hmm, did you ever actually look at the sales numbers of AC? The average consuner enjoys every single AC mainline game.

Setsuna

I-i think ill stop coming to Assassins creed threads on this site. you guys are savage

Faynwulf

I-i think ill stop coming to Assassins creed threads on this site. you guys are savage

Yeah same here. Everything AC on this board becomes a big circlejerk full of condescending posts when someone states that they enjoy the series. One would think that at least people on GAF were above this. But those threads are full of 4chan quality posts. Really sad to see.

Yeah same here. Everything AC on this board becomes a big circlejerk full of condescending posts when someone states that they enjoy the series. One would think that at least people on GAF where above this. But those threads are full of 4chan quality posts. Really sad to see.

True. If I were to go by the tilt of many gaf threads regarding certain games, I'd miss out on a lot of really great experiences (some of those would be in my GOTY categories).

DR2K

Banned
Some of you really get your feelings hurt when people don't say nice things about your game. Unity was a disaster, so it's not surprising the very next game is getting grilled.

Setsuna

Some of you really get your feelings hurt when people don't say nice things about your game. Unity was a disaster, so it's not surprising the very next game is getting grilled.

Take a game you like and have people tell you how you are a terrible person for buying that game,

then tell me how you feel

Muffdraul

Some of us are not saying nice things about other posters, not the game. I thought we drew the line there.

No feelings hurt here although your patronizing post doesn't take into account that even though Unity was a disaster at launch, some people (myself included) have enjoyed it thoroughly since release. That neither excuses Ubisoft for a crappy launch or makes assumptions that Syndicate won’t have problems as well. It simply means that some people are fans of the series and appreciate it for the inherent great qualities that bad optimization, glitches or other issues don’t take away from once resolved.

I don't know why you guys are surprised. This happens not just in every AC thread but every Ubisoft thread. Sickens me that I have to take the high road and defend those guys from time to time. The Ubisoft hate train on GAF is toxic, and extremely childish. Mirrors those old Call of Duty haters on every YouTube videos or gaming forums.

Best wishes.

Loakum

Banned

I was gonna order it, but I see the big bold read letters saying, "item won't ship to the united states. lol Oh well, I already got this holy grail of steelbook covers, earlier this year:

Y3ARHGQ.jpg

This was my favorite non rpg series for so long so I'm hyped as hell for it. I know I shouldn't be since this gen they turned it into a yearly Call of Duty type game but I can't help it =\

FStop7

Banned
Assassin's Creed 2 is in my top 5 of the generation. Brotherhood is in my top 20.

I have -zero- enthusiasm for the series after AC3 and Unity. AC4 was good, but not THAT good.

naitosan

Well I just decided to jump the gun. Just pre ordered it on Microsoftstore.com so I can get $15 credit and free day one shipping.

I enjoyed AC Unity alot, as well other AC titles so it's more likely I will enjoy this one too.

Saiyan-Rox

I was gonna order it, but I see the big bold read letters saying, "item won't ship to the united states. lol Oh well, I already got this holy grail of steelbook covers, earlier this year:

Y3ARHGQ.jpg

Managed to get that too.

Yeah it really sucks this whole diversity between things in the UK and things in the US.

Top Bottom