• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed: Unity Framerate Is “Atrocious”

Skyzard

Banned
I keep hearing reports of this but at the same time I hear people talking about "maxed" settings with the 780Ti.

"Max settings" includes the Ultra High textures which require 4GB VRAM. The 780Ti has 3GB VRAM. They shouldn't be using Ultra High textures.

I was suspecting this is the case, thanks. Really hoping now. Trying to unlock my origin copy, just to see where it's unlocked in the world...

jett

D-Member
Ubisoft's decision to release a new AC game every year is finally biting them in the ass. This would never have happened if they'd released the game when it's actually finished (complete, bug free, optimized for each platform) instead of on a release date set in stone.

But it has been in development for approximately 10 years! /Crossing Eden

I have no problem with a little pop-in and some framerate issues but this is a little too much, I hope the press hit them hard, 4 frikin years in development.

leadbelly

Banned
What an unexpected twist. People were afraid that the PC version would run badly but in the end it's the console versions that suffer from severe issues. Maybe Ubisoft was overambitious with the level of detail?

Not sure why you've interpreted it that way considering the performance on PC seems pretty fucking bad as well. Obviously it is running much better than the consoles, but considering how much more powerful PC hardware is, that is a given.

It could be overambition, but then again, it could be one fucking mess of a game engine which they have been struggling to sort out.

kubus

Not sure if asked before... People on PS4, do your issues persist even after the day 1 update? Is the update even live?
Patch has been live here all weekend. Played the same level both pre-patch and post-patch. The patch improved the framerate a little, but that only means that it went from utterly atrocious to just atrocious :p

#FirstWorldProblems

Just enjoy the damn game.

I don't see pop-in as much of a problem, but people have every right to scrutinize a product they're paying money in transaction for, especially for the basic building blocks that make up a game such as performance.

Oh I wasn't aware they patched it already. 0_0
It seems the "framerate and resolution will be addressed last" claim has some truth. Many games go gold before they are optimized and the day one patch is just the result of the last stretch of optimization. It's not exactly a patch, more like the finishing touches of the initial software delivery.

have both versions and the game is a mess on both platforms

lots of glitches with NPCs...getting stuck on things and really bad slowdown complete with sound drop outs.......game reminds me of Ass creed 3 on launch

The ps4 version seems like the worse version so far......i have noticed more glitches on it than the bones

bud23

- $100+ million budget.

- Development team of 1000+ people.

- Had 10 studios working on it.

- 4 years development time.....

- And 10000 NPCs!!!!!

And yet the game Is garbage.

Sub-par developer confirmed.

Seriously, Ubisoft are a fucking joke.

Not sure why you've interpreted it that way considering the performance on PC seems pretty fucking bad as well. Obviously it is running much better than the consoles, but considering how much more powerful PC hardware is, that is a given.

It could be overambition, but then again, it could be one fucking mess of a game engine which they have been struggling to sort out.

The PC version runs better than the PS4 on cards like the 750Ti. That is not "pretty fucking bad" at all.

Gonna wait till df but this just makes it way to easy not to buy it, was considering to get it but this is just plain unacceptable. They should support this with updates and patches to fix this mess or they wont see my money.

Kaversmed

I really, really hope they will get a backlash from this so we, in the future, can get a more polished experience. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my AC games but not like this.. not like this.

86822-not-like-this-gif-perfect-loop-pD6b.gif

Something about the culture of game development needs to change at Ubisoft Montreal. But the tills are ringing up $$$ every single year.

mjontrix

Sounds broken as hell...

Perfect for speed running at least... Unless it's that broken to the point that it interferes with finishing levels.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
They fucked up somewhere, weren't they talking about 1080/60 a few months ago?

How about 4K? Nvidia and Ubisoft were touting that as a cool feature. Have fun running the game in that resolution when your system is already struggling to get it to run smoothly in 1080p.

oni-link

have both versions and the game is a mess on both platforms

lots of glitches with NPCs...getting stuck on things and really bad slowdown complete with sound drop outs.......game reminds me of Ass creed 3 on launch

The ps4 version seems like the worse version so far......i have noticed more glitches on it than the bones

I only got a PS3 in 2011 and so starting last gen that late, and starting with GOTY editions and games that had been out a few years and so were patched to their best state really seems like it was a good move

It just doesn't make sense to put games out like this, they're punishing the people who buy it day 1, ie the people they make the most money from, I don't have a PS4 yet but when i get one and play Unity it will be cheap and patched and i'll probably play it with all the DLC on the disc as well

They're shooting themselves in the foot, because all this will do is turn more and more gamers into those who will wait till the game is actually finished and then pay a fraction of the price for it

Jezbollah

unity
ˈjuːnɪti/Submit
noun
the state of being united or joined as a whole.
MATHEMATICS
the number one.
"the slope of each dotted line is less than unity"

One frame per second confirmed.

JNA

Banned
Can you guys imagine if they added...dare I say...playable female assassins in the game!? The game would probably be 10-15 FPS with them along too amirite?

or was their excuse for it was about animations or something?

Not that I find it remotely acceptable many have hailed Ocarina of Time as one of the best games ever made. Would that have made a better book?

Are we really comparing N64 games from 1998 to AAA games from 2014 ?

Especially when Ocarina was lauded for being one of the most forward thinking 3D games, setting the groundwork for the genre and inventing Z-targeting...

...in contrast to just another Assasin´s Creed game .

The PC version runs better than the PS4 on cards like the 750Ti. That is not "pretty fucking bad" at all.

Based on what, some guy that played in a room while looking at a wall?

Reports say that the first hour in the game is not representative of the actual performance once you get in the busy city and stuff starts to happen.

While I normally don't care too much about framerate, even I can recognise that this is largely unacceptable for such a massive studio. Expect numerous instances of 8.5/10.

Top Bottom