• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed collector's set w/ 12" figure - deal at play-asia

Zaptruder

Banned
gkrykewy said:
Borrowed from CAG because I know there's a lot of Assassin's Creed interest here:

Better crowd motion version:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-50-13-70-1o6i.html

Also available for PS3, PC. Same deal for all 3 - 59.90 plus 15.00 shipping. Game is region free.

Urgh... do I really want Assassin's creed for the X360?

... what are the differences between the two?

Ah... I'm torn. I want the figure, and I like the package deal... but I'd much prefer to play on the PS3... but if there's no practical difference in gameplay... I don't see why not.

... bloody heck, this X360 version had better be the definitive version, because I'm about to order one.

luffeN

wow, thx !! seems like all ubisoft games for 360 are so far region free :) damn.. if i only had ordered splinter cell there :/

gkryhewy

Zaptruder said:
Ah... I'm torn. I want the figure, and I like the package deal... but I'd much prefer to play on the PS3... but if there's no practical difference in gameplay... I don't see why not.

PS3 version is available for the same price... I'm sure they'll be identical, and they're both confirmed to be region free.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
PA.77994.002.jpg

droooooool ...

I suppose this is one of those CE's that will never ever see the light of day over here in the US, huh? Kinda scary ordering it and banking on the fact that the final game really is region-free. I understand that it's Ubi, and I know their track record with 360 games being region-free thus far, but still ...

Does PA charge your CC immediately, or do they only charge once the item has shipped?

EDIT: Never mind the CC question ... I'm a dumbass. Reading FTW!
PA said:
In stock on Mar, 2007. We do not charge your credit card before pre-orders are being shipped.

gkryhewy

anachronous_one said:
Does PA charge your CC immediately, or do they only charge once the item has shipped?

Per CAG, it's already confirmed region free (somehow), they won't charge until it ships, and it will be coming to the US (this set) but will cost $100.

anachronous_one said:
droooooool ...

I suppose this is one of those CE's that will never ever see the light of day over here in the US, huh? Kinda scary ordering it and banking on the fact that the final game really is region-free. I understand that it's Ubi, and I know their track record with 360 games being region-free thus far, but still ...

It's a cool looking figure. I ordered one. :) Supposedly there will be a CE US version, but it's going to be $100 bucks, so this is a good deal.

They won't charge your credit card until it ships, and I figure I can always cancel my order before it ships if I change my mind for whatever reason.

Az987

all good things
anachronous_one said:
PA.77994.002.jpg

droooooool ...

Why not just wait and see if it gets released in the US. I cant see why it wouldnt get released here but on CAG where this is posted, it says the US version is rumored at 100$ WTF! and it says its already confirmed region free too.

Its on their homepage.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
gkrykewy said:
Per CAG, it's already confirmed region free (somehow), they won't charge until it ships, and it will be coming to the US (this set) but will cost $100.
Thanks, I checked the item description again and realized I didn't read the listing fully. I appreciate you answering the stupid question of mine so nicely, though. ;-)

Zaptruder

Banned
gkrykewy said:
PS3 version is available for the same price... I'm sure they'll be identical, and they're both confirmed to be region free.

But I don't see P-A's preorder link!

God... P-A must be so happy with customers like me. Loyal to a fault :p

That and they're about the only viable source for Asian X360 games for me... and considering that I own an Asian X360... heh.

MrPrime

I do hope they will sell the figurine seperatly from the game or at least give the option to those who would want to. I have to admit i like the Assassin's quality in terms of the figurine itself. I'm definatly getting the game though.

ordered, for pc (not planning on buying a 360 or ps3 anytime soon)
now it is waiting and be very surprised when i have long forgotten i ordered and it arrives...

luffeN

so, semi good news for us europeans :D

i asked ubisoft austria about releasing the CE edition in europe, and this is the answer i got

Hallo ******,

es gibt dahingehend zwar Überlegungen, aber es ist noch nichts fix.

Lg *****

meaning that they think about it, but nothing is set in stone as of yet :)

so if they think about it for europe, us should be a given

Top Bottom