• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins creed Confirmed for 360

DreamMachine said:
so, what's the summary?

what was the point of the whole ps3 exclusive thing then?

What's the point of any FUD campaign? To keep people from buying your opponent's console for as long as possible. Now, that Madden and Dead Rising and Saints Row are out and have been out for a while (or in one case, a few days), the cat can be let out of the bag.

I don't actually think that's what happened, by the way.

BenjaminBirdie said:
What's the point of any FUD campaign? To keep people from buying your opponent's console for as long as possible. Now, that Madden and Dead Rising and Saints Row are out and have been out for a while (or in one case, a few days), the cat can be let out of the bag.

I don't actually think that's what happened, by the way.

lol, I was gonna say.

tegdf

Ubisoft said that there will be a demo of the game, what if the demo for the 360 version is released during X06?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
DreamMachine said:
what was the point of the whole ps3 exclusive thing then?

it works in 2 ways, imo.

to PS3 owners, it says "this is your exclusive game." That boosts interest in the PS3 base

to X360 owners, it says "you can't have this game." That also builds interest in the X360 base, especially because saying you can't have something only makes you want it more.

and as an added bonus, you get all this random free press about "exclusivity-is-no-more" rumors etc

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Ubisoft said that there will be a demo of the game, what if the demo for the 360 version is released during X06?

Lo-Volt

I would be stunned if Assassins' Creed wasn't an exclusive like everyone's been saying. I never thought Ubisoft doing something like this was in the realm of reason, really. That's as unlikely and incredibly impossible as Halo 3 being announced at E3. No one would ever have assumed!

Jesus Christ, Ubisoft.

GashPrex said:

Everything on Earth would melt away, leaving only a rusty clattering of gears and levers, that would eventually putter to a stop.

And that would be the end of that.

Mrbob

BenjaminBirdie said:
Yeah, I've kind of soured on it. I call it the Lindsay Bluth effect.

a642af1e86dfc24e7bcc0924ae712cd9.gif

God, now I can't get to sleep because I'm afraid I'll wake up to find people gloating over an owning at my expense. :lol

Guess I blew my load too fast there.

MS: Finally! *scratches Assasin's Creed from the list*

MS Secretary: Which weak point shall we go after next, sir?

MS: Let's try Square again. Double our offer.

MS Secretary: As for Mr. Kojima?

MS: Hideo's a tough one, but he'll crack. I heard he really likes the private island deal we discussed recently.

bengraven

Awesome. Now give me a Mercs 2 confirmation Pandemic and it's ON! :D

(and if Kojima would just please hand us a MGS4 for 360 thank you, I will not be needing the $600 Foreman grill...)

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Everybody (with a brain) knew this. Glad to see it finally came out. The UBI name is gold on Xbox hardware.

People didn't expect this? It's Ubisoft for cripe's sake:lol

In the end this just means more gamers get to expecience this kickass game, which is what it's all about. Unless you only have a Wii of course, in which case there's Red Steel. Win win situation!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
PhoenixDark said:

In the end this just means more gamers get to expecience this kickass game, which is what it's all about. Unless you only have a Wii of course, in which case there's Red Steel. Win win situation!

I've missed you so much.

Red steel :lol

(and if you weren't kidding, I still missed you even though red steel smells)

jett

D-Member
nobody wins with Red Steel. nobody.

p.s. i bet the pics that will come with the announcement are exactly the same as the "ps3" pics(which in turn are probably from the PC version).

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
hydragonwarrior said:

MS: Hideo's a tough one, but he'll crack. I heard he really likes the private island deal we discussed recently.

hahaha, I know you were probably waiting for someone to acknowledge your post and quote you, so here I am.

:lol great post.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
I've missed you so much.

Red steel :lol

(and if you weren't kidding, I still missed you even though red steel smells)

It seemed like the politically correct thing to say!

btw, remember that Ubisoft release list? It seems to be getting more accurate each month

PhoenixDark said:

I liked your older avatar better.

Kolgar

I approve of this confirmation. The "AC 'only confirmed for PS3'" announcement was the thing that stung me most at last E3 (well, after "Five-hundred ninety-nine U.S. dollars)."

Assassin's Creed 360, come to me...

GeoramA

hydragonwarrior said:

As comical as that sounds, it's probably how things are. MS wants NA bad and I can see them buying their way to the top.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Does this honestly change anything? We all knew this was coming. Glad it is out of the way, but I doubt this will dissuade anyone from buying a PS3.

Top Bottom