• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III - Announcement Trailer (360/PS3/PC/WiiU, AnvilNext Engine)

dummydecoy

Quitting this franchise and selling off my copies was the best thing I did this gen for my health. All the AC games (ps3 version) kept running and running worst with each new entry. Perhaps someday when Ubi decides to conclude the franchise with a proper ending and releases a compendium collection of it will I start caring for this POS. This is what AC looks to me 99% of the time, all in glorious sub 20fps.
PxIHL.jpg

xcrTt.jpg

The Lamp

So is the only way we know it's in-engine because of the way it looks? That Gamasutra article isn't even referring to this game.

ZZMitch

Quitting this franchise and selling off my copies was the best thing I did this gen for my health. All the AC games (ps3 version) kept running and running worst with each new entry. Perhaps someday when Ubi decides to conclude the franchise with a proper ending and releases a compendium collection of it will I start caring for this POS. This is what AC looks to me 99% of the time, all in glorious sub 20fps.

This is why I buy all AC games on PC. It is worth the wait.

rdrr gnr

I'm not going to lie. I've watched that trailer a good 15 times now. If I could pre-order the soundtrack this minute, I would. Sure it isn't as grandiose as their previous out-of-engine CG trailers, but it's damn impressive for what it is. Like others have said in this thread, maybe we will get more at E3.

"...you’ll want to check out issue 74 of Nintendo Gamer magazine, which has an exclusive first-look at Assassin’s Creed III Wii U. We’re the only Nintendo magazine in the world to see the game, so you won’t be able to read about it anywhere else. The magazine is on sale 23 March but we’ll have a reminder nearer the time so don’t worry about whipping out your diary to mark that date."
http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/03/05/first-assassins-creed-3-wii-u-trailer/

From the speculation thread.

CrazyDude

I am glad that they had the time to make this game. It sound like they are pretty much done with the game and are now just refining the game from here. This can only mean good thing for us. For a little bit, I was afraid they were going to make this game in a year like revelations.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The AC games look and perform amazingly well on my average gaming rig. I could never go back to the console versions.

There's something about their lighting and use of color that just... UUUUUU

Nelo Ice

Banned
Just picked up my steelbook soo worth the $5. FYI if u guys haven't already Gamestop and Best Buy should have em already and u can go ahead and get ur steelbooks now.

Jtrizzy

The AC games look and perform amazingly well on my average gaming rig. I could never go back to the console versions.

There's something about their lighting and use of color that just... UUUUUU

Revelations running at 1080p60 reminds me of Jaffe's comments about a game looking like a painting in motion.

HylianTom

Banned
I could see them using eagle vision with the controller. That would be pretty neat.

"...you’ll want to check out issue 74 of Nintendo Gamer magazine, which has an exclusive first-look at Assassin’s Creed III Wii U. We’re the only Nintendo magazine in the world to see the game, so you won’t be able to read about it anywhere else. The magazine is on sale 23 March but we’ll have a reminder nearer the time so don’t worry about whipping out your diary to mark that date."

http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/03/05/first-assassins-creed-3-wii-u-trailer/

We don’t have to guess – we already know. The touch screen will be used for the game’s ‘Eagle Vision’ and will also display a persistent map. Fast-switching weapons will also be handled with the touch screen and there will be an interactive database to browse through. Finally, some puzzles will be implemented, which you’ll have to solve using the touch screen.

There ya go! Wii U to be a pretty good version, it seems.
(special thanks to wolfie for this article)

Keyouta

No Wii U logo at the end of the trailer. Would this mean the console could still get a name change at E3, or presumably no since it's mentioned in the PR?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
2012 is such a tease of a year.

Edit: By which I mean it feels as though every such-slated release is so far away.

Jintor

I will be very interested to see how the colonial, more 'open' nature of America at the time affects gameplay. It sounds like a lot more of an open-world-esque setting than Roma or Florence.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
If that's in game engine, then it's Wii U/PC as the dev target.

Glitches in the Animus. Immersion.

It's funny because it's true. In AC:R I thought my disc was fucked whenever the opening Ubi logo was all corrupted. And the fact that it takes like 10 seconds per menu item text to "decode" when I'm scrolling through, making it a painful process to do anything in the menu.

IMMURSHUN.

Top Bottom