• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation |OT| VITA LA REVOLUTION

Cant wait to get my hands on this, had it preordered for a while now and i have faith in it being a great experience.

I just wish i knew more about the multiplayer side, the AC games have had some of the best multiplayer of this generation. If they can manage to copy the modes/number of players as the main console versions than I will be a very happy man. Hopefully that shouldn’t be too hard since the AC games only have up to 8 players online which is what we have seen from R:BS and COD:BOD so I am hopeful (except for the complete silence on the subject).

pre-ordered. Havnt been truly excited for an AC game like this since the first one. I have liked them but always felt desmond was the actual story and the animus stuff was just means to progress it. This led to it being hard for me to care about the memories stories. In theory its fine but desmonds story just crawls at a snail pace to the point I even gave up on revalations after a few hours.

This one being based on the assassin itself is a much better idea for me. I can actually invest in the character. That and having it on Vita will be fantastic. The gameplay changes all sound good as well.

Will be interesting to see how the multiplayer is but I have never even touched the on-line on assassins creed games for some reason so im not even expecting much in that department.

Hope they have tombs to raid and find armour bits like in 2 and brotherhood. Loved those parts. Those along with finding all the high points were my favourite parts of the games.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
ACIII is a great example of a portable game done right. Runs alongside the big brother console versions to give a full but complementary experience.

contrasted with NFS:MW which I really want on vita, but also console. Yet I'll have to play it through twice and its the same game - that puts me off

Between this, Most Wanted and Zero Escape, my Vita will get the most usage this month than the entire time I have owned it.

Poyunch

Getting the bundle since I don't want boring black. I'll keep the game sealed for a while and if it ends up not really pulling me with reviews and footage I'll "return" it to Walmart and exchange it for some other Vita game.

My last AC was II. New setting, new characters, new mechanics and portable. Exactly what i needed to come back to this series.

ditto

I've tried time and time again to play Brotherhood, but I simply don't have the time, nor the will to play through another 30 hour or so game with a mostly simliar template

Larsen B

So tempted to import the white Vita with AC3:L. It's a tragedy it's not being released in Europe.

Although my previous time with an Assassin's Creed handheld game wasn't exactly a pleasant trip.

GeoramA

Looks fantastic. Getting the white Vita bundle :)

No better time to buy a Vita IMO. $250 AC bundle, PS+ support starting next month, and a decent backlog of games now.

V_Ben

Banned
I might be more excited for this game than for AC3. I just really want to see how they do a portable version on a handheld that can handle it :3

Vlodril

Can't wait for this game. Being very happy with my vita (unlike most people i guess :p) but this looks on another scale. Like the character alot too.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Played 1 - thought it was mediocre
Played 2 - thought it was pretty darn good
skipped the other fortyeight games or so.

Will my enjoyment of 3 be hindered somehow by not playing those other games?

edit : blargh I didn't even know there was a vita-version. Wrong thread.

Bittercup

One of the reasons I bought the Vita.
I hope it will be comparable to the main titles. I'm really looking forward to this game :)

Any good deals for this game? Amazon.co.uk wants £39.99 and I'd rather pay less.

sainsburys has it for £34.99 wih free delivery on release day. I cancelled my amazon pre-order and switched it to this this morning.

Played 1 - thought it was mediocre
Played 2 - thought it was pretty darn good
skipped the other fortyeight games or so.

Will my enjoyment of 3 be hindered somehow by not playing those other games?

brotherhood
desmond moves somewhere else, you play as ezio for another pointless adventure but it is the most fun one. Ends with desmond finding some holo woman that convinces him to kill the blonde woman you like and then his brain breaks somewhat.

revalations
desmond is trapped in his own mind with project zero (or what ever he is called). You do a load of stuff as ezio to piece your brain back together. havnt bothered finishing this one, as its dull

liberation isn't actually tied to either of these anyway but if you are wondering about 3... apart from the stuff at the end of brotherhood you should be OK. hardly anything happened really.

Nemesis_

Is it really only two locations that have been confirmed? Or are these merely the ones we know of thus far?

I suppose two decently sized locations seems like appropriately breadth and scope for a portable game.

Played this at Eurogamer and it felt and played like an AC game. There were fewer people around in the environments but other than that it was like I was playing an AC game, except on a handheld instead. I can't see what could really go wrong, other than perhaps it being short and maybe the story, but from the trailers and stuff so far the story seems pretty interesting. Some might say more interesting than III.

DieH@rd

Banned
Is it really only two locations that have been confirmed? Or are these merely the ones we know of thus far?

I suppose two decently sized locations seems like appropriately breadth and scope for a portable game.

Some website mentioned "brief visit to Mexico".

Victrix

*beard*
I wouldn't say I'm more interested in the story as the mainline series, but I'd definitely say as interested. Largely because I hate everything to do with Desmond, Abstergo, and the modern plot entirely. Alternate assassin history in different towns is exactly what I've wanted from the series.

AwRy108

Great OT! Besides having to cringe at Andrea Rene's voice (gives me nightmares of past Weekend Confirmed episdoes...), that Inside Gaming Extended video contained quite a bit of actual gameplay footage.

Absolutely can't wait to have this in my Vita!!!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
sainsburys has it for £34.99 wih free delivery on release day. I cancelled my amazon pre-order and switched it to this this morning.

brotherhood
desmond moves somewhere else, you play as ezio for another pointless adventure but it is the most fun one. Ends with desmond finding some holo woman that convinces him to kill the blonde woman you like and then his brain breaks somewhat.

revalations
desmond is trapped in his own mind with project zero (or what ever he is called). You do a load of stuff as ezio to piece your brain back together. havnt bothered finishing this one, as its dull

liberation isn't actually tied to either of these anyway but if you are wondering about 3... apart from the stuff at the end of brotherhood you should be OK. hardly anything happened really.

I see, thanks for the help. Yeah I was referring to "regular" 3 that I mistook for the vita version in this thread.

Shahed

Looking forward to this. Will have it in my hands next week!

Thing is about the connectivity with Assassin's Creed III, have they clarified on how it works? As in do you get unlocks for both games or just Liberation? And do you need to be at a certain point in either game or just any old save file on both games?

Looking forward to this. Will have it in my hands next week!

Thing is about the connectivity with Assassin's Creed III, have they clarified on how it works? As in do you get unlocks for both games or just Liberation? And do you need to be at a certain point in either game or just any old save file on both games?

This is what I've been wondering about. I get the feeling you'll just have to sync each game to Uplay to unlock them, as it'd support their stupid service. Either that or a link option on the main menu.

Might be coming into a lot of free time soon, if I do I certainly wouldn't mind picking this up. Looks great and I haven't played on my vita since growlanser.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm more excited for this than 3 now that I've been told 3 is mostly the same shit. This game could get away with that since I didn't expect a quantum leap for a handheld game, even though it has nice gameplay advancements that 3 doesn't have.

I'm really hoping this game turns out to be as good as it looks, more great Vita games is always a good thing. I'll probably pick this up before ACIII if impressions are positive around launch.

Carl

Great OT, Omega.

Really really looking forward to this one. Looks like Ubisoft has put a lot of effort into it.

Definitely be buying it on PSN at the moment it's available :)

Add me to the list of people buying this that aren't getting AC3 any time soon

Top Bottom