• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation |OT| VITA LA REVOLUTION

OmegaZero

Okay, the whip throw glitch in action:

87P57.jpg
First you counter the poor fool like the French-African Batwoman you are.
Then you send him on his merry way with a pat on the back.
Finally, you- wait, what the hell?
My attempt to glitch this dude resulted in a new glitch!

Okay, let's try that again:
Counter.
Throw.
Whip.
Laugh at his helplessness as...
...he drifts...
...away.

I once did this in the Bayou near a hill. The guard drifted down the hill, accelerating as he went until I couldn't keep up with him.

Okay, the whip throw glitch in action:

First you counter the poor fool like the French-African Batwoman you are.

Then you send him on his merry way with a pat on the back.

[snip]

I once did this in the Bayou near a hill. The guard drifted down the hill, accelerating as he went until I couldn't keep up with him.

Haha awesome. thanks.

Holy shit, the patch fixed something. My game didn't crash at the same part it always did and I finally beat the mission. Sequence 5 complete, bravo.

Ive been trying to get into this game but the controls are terrible. Shooting someone takes a rocket science degree and when you are fighting you cant just attack. Its the most frustrating and boring mechanics Ive ever seen in my life.

I just got to Boston with a few missions in and Im already thinking of selling this garbage. Please someone tell me this game gets better?

Ive been trying to get into this game but the controls are terrible. Shooting someone takes a rocket science degree and when you are fighting you cant just attack. Its the most frustrating and boring mechanics Ive ever seen in my life.

I just got to Boston with a few missions in and Im already thinking of selling this garbage. Please someone tell me this game gets better?

Wrong game dude.

noticed that i have an 1.02 update now and i was busy with other games ..but now i have time to play this game properly so i've finished sequence 4 ..and i'm mostly impressed so far

The game structure, while not perfect is more intresting to me than in AC3 . i hope the rest of the game remain as good as the start because i'm linking what i'm seeing .

however some things aren't perfect .. i did a assasin side mission and got a templar letter ..however i hadn't done the story mission explaining how to read those and you can't cancel them ( or go back to the menu )
i spend a nice hour trying to figure out how to put my vita in front of a correct light ( i was thinking it was like uncharted G:A )
Ubisoft.... a simple play testing would have revealed this issue don't allow this kind of thing if you have explained how your game works !!

Anyway , the bayou is a nice place, not to live , but to explore so far i'm very happy. The ambiant sounds in NEw orleans are nice ..

ANother post just to say that i've finially finished this game and it was very nice ..it felt more creed than creed 3 ... because of the conspiracies were much better told here .

There was some issues regarding some annoying bugs ( whip ) but overall i enjoyed this game.

Creed 3 is bigger but liberation had a much better focus on things that matter

MrBS

Game over.

That was quite a ride. It took a while to get going but once I found an exploit of sorts I was able to blitz through the end game. The coop element really helps this game along and it kept my OCD occupied for a while. Great stuff.

Excuse me I've just been handed a note.

*cough* okay apparently collecting all the near items does not count as beating the game.

Tell that to my 'completed' runs of Uncharted Golden Abyss and Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition.

Redhood

I ended the game today. 2 major gripes. The music was too compressed. During the final cutscene the music did not fit the scene's context and it was too loud. Secondly, There was no way [or i could not find it] to turn off tutorials. There I had killed the final enemy and the game is showing "Tutorial. Bribe Officers to lowers assassins notoriety" wtf!!!

Is there any way to turn tutorials off?

taking this avtar! Thanks!

F1bIB.jpg

Finally finished it last night, I have been playing AC:L off and on since early December. The game had a number of animation bugs later on but thank goodness my game never locked up or wiped my save.

The story started strong but went off in a number of wild tangents a bit too much. On the graphics end I am still amazed I was able to play a full Assassins Creed game on a portable system and it looked really impressive on that OLED screen.

I finally got back into this game the other day. I reached a point where you have to use the motion controls of the Vita, to get some ball through a Maze. The problem being the way you move the Vita doesn't match the damn maze the ball is on, and there's some serious lag to the movement. How did any of you make it past this point. I spent about 30 - 40 minutes on it, and I could not get the game to match the vita's movements, or to use luck to get the ball through the maze. What the fuck!? Who passed this through QA like this? Who the fuck programmed it like this?

I don't think I can go any further in the game, cause it just does NOT work.

OmegaZero

I finally got back into this game the other day. I reached a point where you have to use the motion controls of the Vita, to get some ball through a Maze. The problem being the way you move the Vita doesn't match the damn maze the ball is on, and there's some serious lag to the movement. How did any of you make it past this point. I spent about 30 - 40 minutes on it, and I could not get the game to match the vita's movements, or to use luck to get the ball through the maze. What the fuck!? Who passed this through QA like this? Who the fuck programmed it like this?

I don't think I can go any further in the game, cause it just does NOT work.

I tilt in a direction until the ball settles (preferably near the next opening), then I tilt in the opposite direction hoping that it'll fall into the gap. If it lands nearby, I try to work it into the gap and then repeat.

yeah I even laid it flat on a table and tried to base it off that. Like I would lift the right side in the air, except the right side of the thing wouldn't lift suddenly the part furthest from me would dip down. So I'd lay it flat and thinking well if I lift the left side then the part closest to me should dip down, NOPE! this time the right side dips down........ MAKES NO SENSE.

It's also painfully delayed, like I'm talking a good 5 - 10 seconds between when I move the Vita and something happens on screen.

I have Uncharted as well. It really frustrated me too that there was no where to calibrate the tilt stuff, least not in game. Is there anyway in the Vita OS?

Amory

Lol, with my previous comment from about a month ago staring me in the face...let me just ask:

Why does this game insist on working so fucking hard to make me not like it? It'll have like 1 or 2 decent (not good, mind you, but decent) missions in a row and give me a little bit of freedom, and then do something completely unnecessary to ruin the fun or derail the flow.

Stop making me point the camera at a light source. The fucking mechanic doesn't work and I don't want to be pointing my vita directly into a lightbulb for 10 minutes because people will think I'm strange and it's frustrating as all hell.

Stop sending me to the damn bayou. There's nothing to do there. And if you're going to insist on sending me to the bayou, let me get in and out quickly without having to play hide and seek with that asshole Agate every time. Just let him hang out in his little treehouse! It's fine!

Cut it out with the outfit changes every 2 minutes. The only one I'm allowed to have any fun in is the assassin's uniform. I get what they were trying to do here, but having to constantly switch between uniforms and do the respective repetitive tasks to lower notoriety is simply not a good time.

Throwing in half assed extra environments and gameplay mechanics doesn't make for a better game. I really wish they would've just axed the bayou and Mexico and expanded New Orleans a little more and just let the player have fun exploring it and stabbing dudes in the face in missions.

Akira_83

Banned
this game is pretty shit, but im suffering through because i figured what the hell i ended my playthrough with 78% of trophies, might as well go for plat

just doing all the boring shit now like climbing, tree assassinations, etc

luckily i forced myself through the multiplayer grind long ago

brandnew

Got this game during the PS+ sale and just finished the 2nd sequence last night. I pretty much hate this game so far. The framerate is horrendous and the game chugs so slowly (especially when opening menus).

Problem is, I don't see many people complaining about how delayed the controls are or how SLOW the game is overall (but I admit I haven't read through the whole thread, so maybe I missed it all). Is anyone experiencing this? It's enough to make me never play the game again.

The nonsensical story and jarring cutscene to gameplay transistions add to the horrible experience also.

AppleBlade

Just started playing this. I am definitely not a frame-rate snob, in fact I hardly ever notice it in games where there is frequent complaints about it, but it is very noticeable and distracting to me in this game. It's my only major complaint at this point.

Just started playing this. I am definitely not a frame-rate snob, in fact I hardly ever notice it in games where there is frequent complaints about it, but it is very noticeable and distracting to me in this game. It's my only major complaint at this point.

Yeah...thats really my only problem with the game. Make sure youre patched too or you risk losing your save. Also, the framerate doesnt get better but it doesnt get worse either! yay?

OmegaZero

I actually got used to the framerate after a bit. Then again, I can play through MGS3: Snake Eater 3D with no issues so my standards may be a bit lower then the average GAFfer. :b

frogg609

I posted in the thread for the Steam version but got no replies. Which version looks/runs better, the Vita version or the PC/Steam version?

Ilúvatar

It probably is useless posting here, but has anyone encountered trouble with the letter opening mini-game (the one where you have to swipe on both touchpads), and if so how did they fix it?

Lime

Sorry for bumping this, but I have Assassins Creed Liberation HD as a Steam gift in my inventory. First one to reply gets it and has to PM me her/his e-mail.

Top Bottom