• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation |OT| VITA LA REVOLUTION

Bittercup

Anyone have any tips for taking human shields? Like...how do you even do it? The manual said to press X when enemies are about to fire and I can't seem to pull it off.
In the top left corner the fort is a good place to farm those for the trophy.
Run past the 4 guards at the entrance and right to the two guards at the way to the courtyard. Those two will just stand there and fire at you and you have 4 guards with you to take as human shields.
Unfortunately it doesn't work very reliable.
The best way to get it to work is, just stand there and block all attacks with circle until you see that the 2 are reading their weapons to shoot even before you see the yellow marking. Try to walk in a position were a guard is between you and the shooter and keep the distance to the guard at a minimum (they tend to go to a distance before the other guards shoot) else she will be to slow to grab him and he will be shot without counting as a human shield. As soon as the yellow marking appears press X.
Out of the 4 it worked mostly 1-2 times for me. Afterwards run away to reset the fort and repeat the same process.

seriously wtf is anything this shit.

ios tilting games 4 years ago controls better than this shit.

I'm fucking juggling my vita in the air and shit ain't responding.

fuck.

Corto

How can Aveline use the guns? I equip them and press triangle but never was able to use them. Are there any special scenarios that unlock their use or something?

Torraz

How can Aveline use the guns? I equip them and press triangle but never was able to use them. Are there any special scenarios that unlock their use or something?

Don't have the game yet, but isn't there a lock on button like in Brotherhood, for example?

anddo0

Is this a glitch? In the trading minigame I have a ship that's stuck with the same time and it doesn't progress (unlike the other ships).

Yes it's a glitch. Happened to me as well.

I also got the save glitch. I got all the assassin coins too soon. I ended up losing two days worth of play. The good news is the chapters (5 and 6) and stupid short. I'm doing all story and Citizen E from here on in.

whats a good way to make money? Is that trading minigame the only way? Seems so boring.

-Trading game. You get more money later in the game (pointless).
-Treasure chests. Run around NO in eagle eye to unlock all the locations... Most net you 750-1500 coins.
-Killing guards

Fox1304

The combination of that stupidly bad made tilting puzzle where nothing works as intendes with the following escape scene made me want to throw my vita througj the train.

I'm this close to never play the game again and sell it.

Please tell me the rest of the game is free of those astoundingly stupid phases.

Edit : self language moderation ...

Noi

Yeah, you don't need to tap enemies to shoot them
Just making sure they're highlighted and pressing triangle should shoot.

The combination of that stupidly bad made tilting puzzle where nothing works as intendes with the following escape scene made me want to throw my vita througj the train.

I understand the tilt puzzle, but what was bad about the escape scene?

Though no, there's nothing like that in the remaining sequences.

Fox1304

I understand the tilt puzzle, but what was bad about the escape scene?

Though no, there's nothing like that in the remaining sequences.

I found the jump system in this sequence, with strange jumps leading me to death a bunch of times ...
It was after the tilt puzzle, so I was really short on patience though.

Grisby

So every time I hit 'continue game' in the menu it takes me to the loading screen like normal but then after a second the game restarts.

Did I get the save bug? This blows.

Luckily I made a backup.

I'm still going to burn my members club card though.

I didn't :(

I just kept playing it and playing it... and then I came across the final jewel for the lady persona and I was like "SHIT".

Then I played for a few more hours and then it happened...

Grisby

Well my backup didn't work and it gives me the same deal. Of course I now realize that I made the backup after the fact of when it probably glitched. :/

So that's it.

I'm shelving the game unless a patch fixes the issue. A real goddamn shame because the game was picking up and was proving to be a lot of fun.

need help on mission i'm suppose to kill recruiter without being detected (kill with explosive barrel or something)

No clue what i'm suppose to do. Always get detected.

8191094685_2f884fce93_z.jpg

Finally managed to get it, had my human shield trophy glitch but kept going and it eventually popped.

Overall a great game but was a little rough around the edges and the story could have gone into more detail but otherwise i really enjoyed it.

Hopefully Ubisoft are willing to do another one and they spend a little more time smoothing it out, oh and to add a proper multiplayer like to console versions as that was sorely missing in my eyes as that would have been amazing.

Noi

need help on mission i'm suppose to kill recruiter without being detected (kill with explosive barrel or something)

No clue what i'm suppose to do. Always get detected.

At least tell us what sequence/mission name it is if want help. :/

Least enjoyable Assassin's Creed? Yep.

Full of bugs, crashes, shitty game design. How can they let this franchise fall to dirt.

Hey, you just described ACIII.

OmegaZero

Well, went to back up my save file to keep myself glitch free and ended up accidentally over-writing my Vita save with one from last week.

All those collectibles gone. :/

so...this
voodoo
boss is horribly scripted.

1. you don't start with full health
2. unskippable intro
3. 1 hit kills you
4. When you start the battle the default camera has him offscreen and not locked onto!

Ended up just skipping the damn thing and blowdarting him

So I'm at full red notoriety on the Assassin persona, but killing corrupt magistrates isn't doing anything to lower it.

Just gives me a warning that Aveline didn't kill civilians.

What's wrong here?

Grisby

Goddamn it. I'm still pissed off about losing my save.
Nope and I have this feeling they never will.

Maybe if we all go to ubisoft forums and raise a stink/ go to their support?
There's a thread and it doesn't seem to be getting any traction. I only skimmed it but there doesn't even seem to be a dev answering or anything. Just silence.

I actually don't feel like buying any more Ubi products (haven't bought AC3 console). Was thinking about buying Far Cry 3 but I'll probably just skip that too.

Goddamn it. I'm still pissed off about losing my save.

There's a thread and it doesn't seem to be getting any traction. I only skimmed it but there doesn't even seem to be a dev answering or anything. Just silence.

I actually don't feel like buying any more Ubi products (haven't bought AC3 console). Was thinking about buying Far Cry 3 but I'll probably just skip that too.

Cant say Im too surprised. This was always the redheaded stepchild.

beason52

Neo Member
It is unacceptable if they do not patch it. They are bundling this game with the Vita, Sony should let them push a patch for free if that's the issue.

It is unacceptable if they do not patch it. They are bundling this game with the Vita, Sony should let them push a patch for free if that's the issue.

Mine keeps crashing at the locate stolen goods mission beginning of the game... This is frustrating as all hell. Think it's too late for a refund.

3 crashes so far, I am holding out for some dumb luck that this 2.0 firmware will some way or another help this out. That or this is turning into my persona 4 funds.

Top Bottom