• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation |OT| VITA LA REVOLUTION

Sintoid

Gaf help me, i've got the biggest glitch I've ever seen in a videogame!

It's since chapter 6 that when I die, retry or anything that needs to reload from a checkpoint the game breaks and need to reboot. But the amazing thing is that each time it happens I restart with an "open the envelope" phase and, once I open the envelope, I find the game mixed with the lens you usually have to point to a light source and but with game controls locked!

Have you got the same problem??????? Do you want to see it in action? I'm tempted to make a video... It's unbelievable!

I doubt anyone is playing CoD Declassified lol
I bought it for some unknown reason. The MP isn't bad, but yeah it's a poor value considering the small amount of SP content. Liberation is a much better choice for one's money, obviously. Just have to be careful with the persona collectibles, or you may fuck up your save.

G-Fex

I bought it for some unknown reason. The MP isn't bad, but yeah it's a poor value considering the small amount of SP content. Liberation is a much better choice for one's money, obviously. Just have to be careful with the persona collectibles, or you may fuck up your save.

got it, cant wait to pick it up tomorrow

just got the 'true' ending...

really sucks that, in order to avoid getting my save demolished, i basically ended up not collecting pretty much anything - it worked, but definitely killed a certain amount of enjoyment...

other than that, i would've gladly exchanged 2/3s of the 'melodrama', the 'ship' mini-game (which i passed on), & all locations other than new orleans & the bayou, for half a dozen (or more) genuine assassination sub-missions. to me, the beautiful re-creation of the 2 main locations was, to a large extent, almost completely wasted. not quite l.a. noire - level wasted, but sadly, & weirdly, close...

all in all, a good game that could've relatively easily been a great game...

man, i hate the bayou.

Hate how I seem to be away from the 'path' like every time, and end up having to swim for a minute :/

And after playing AC3 on pc for a while, it's hard to get back to this :(

Weird that Connor seems to run way faster than aveline o_O.

Takao

Banned
Save glitch patch on the way:

We are in the process of finalizing our first patch to Assassin’s Creed III Liberation. Most importantly, this patch will address the Save Game corruption issue experienced be some players.

Other fixes include –

· Resolved issue where game exits to Ubisoft Logo

· Fixed instances of music stopping under specific circumstances

· Corrected the error in time-based statistics tracking

· Minor Japanese Trophies text fixes

We will update this FAQ once the patch has been made available.

http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17506

Arukado

Good to know they are working on a patch, i will probably replay the game when they release it.

Btw, i'm currently playing the multiplayer to unlock the max level trophy (level 13 right now) and it's really boring. Any way to level up faster?

Toki767

I just finished this yesterday. Enjoyable overall. Makes me not want to play AC3 in a way since Connor seemed really dull in his cameo.

Something I noticed for the series in general.

Would be dope if they added an option to make 'low profile high profile' 'R trigger' a toggle instead of hold.

It's just holding down R for 80% of the game kinda hurts :S

Manp

i'm playing this and it's good, it really is... but it's an horrible bug ridden mess of a game also!

i've got every possible glitch in the book: music and effects that stop playing, sound effects that play in loop, screen turning black after doing a specific action (only fixed by exiting to main menu and loading the game again), got stuck in the environment (only fixed by exiting to main menu and loading the game again) and probably many others...

between this and AC3 it really shows how much both games needed some extra months of polishing.

I just finished this yesterday. Enjoyable overall. Makes me not want to play AC3 in a way since Connor seemed really dull in his cameo.

Ill say this...I prefer AC Liberation compared to AC3 except for the "chase breakers" from AC3 (going through windows and houses) but besides those ACL is so much better. IMHO

Something I noticed for the series in general.

Would be dope if they added an option to make 'low profile high profile' 'R trigger' a toggle instead of hold.

It's just holding down R for 80% of the game kinda hurts :S
Yeah seriously. You'd think after 5 or so games they would have realized that a toggle is desirable, but I guess not.

As for the patch, pretty awesome news but I already restarted my game and got the platinum. Bah! You win this time Ubi.

Arukado

Finally at level 15, so 3 trophies left for the platinum (i will let the persona collectibles trophy for last just in case it decides to glitch my save again)

Dunan

Somebody tell me: what is the point of multiplayer?

I knew it wasn't going to be as "fun" as ACB/ACR's multi, but I was still looking forward to it. It looks like a game of Risk but with Assassins and Abstergo, which could be pretty interesting.

But for now it seems to be a bunch of monotonous button pressing. I've got these nine agents, and I have to select one each and every time I fight somewhere (which means the ones on the left get more use than the ones on the right, that I have to scroll over to again and again), and I can only fight in areas I can get to; i. e. areas connected by either lines of my faction's color or neutral white lines.

There are goods stashed in various countries that I can't take because my "pillaging" is 1 and not 9.

Does this ever become fun? Are you supposed to team up with other people somehow?

Cloudy

Banned
I like the gameplay and main character but the plot so far is just so "abrupt". WTF is her motivation? How did she become an assassin? Hopefully this all gets cleared up as the game goes along..

I'm new to the AC series but I'm also playing AC3 on 360. Who is the "Desmond" to Aveline? Did I miss an intro scene? lol

Noi

Somebody tell me: what is the point of multiplayer?

I knew it wasn't going to be as "fun" as ACB/ACR's multi, but I was still looking forward to it. It looks like a game of Risk but with Assassins and Abstergo, which could be pretty interesting.

But for now it seems to be a bunch of monotonous button pressing. I've got these nine agents, and I have to select one each and every time I fight somewhere (which means the ones on the left get more use than the ones on the right, that I have to scroll over to again and again), and I can only fight in areas I can get to; i. e. areas connected by either lines of my faction's color or neutral white lines.

There are goods stashed in various countries that I can't take because my "pillaging" is 1 and not 9.

Does this ever become fun? Are you supposed to team up with other people somehow?

The "point" if any, would probably be to have a tug-of-war style game between two teams of players, with the winner being the one with control of the most victory points by the end of the cycle. Which is in itself, not a bad idea but... with no limit to how many can join either side, it's like choosing between playing as Humans or Dinosaurs. The people who pick Assassins completely eclipse the ones who pick Templar, so every cycle is incredibly one-sided.

Arukado

Just got the platinum and i didn't have problems collecting the persona items this time (the game did crash one time though)

Played it for a few hours :
+ I like the heroine and the new setting (haven't played ACIII yet).
+ The persona system is original and nice.
+ It looks good.
+ Avina's movements and transitions between buildings are fluid.

- The plot seems abrupt and messy : who is Aveline ? How did she become an assassin ? What does she want ? The game does not answer to these questions whereas in previous games you had a better idea of who the protagonist was.
- It glitchy.
- Pop-up. Ugh. Not very noticeable when it's NPC, a lot more when it's trees or carriages.
- Frame-rate drops.
- Is it me or the English voice acting is cringe-worthy ?
I switched to French, it's better imho

Also, I wanted to ask : how do women endure harassing ? I go postal every time punks try to harass Aveline / grab her when she's in her Lady persona ha ha.

HUZZAH!

Put the game on the back burner to wait for this.

Who is the "Desmond" to Aveline? Did I miss an intro scene? lol

There is none. From OP:

"In Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation, you are a user of a new entertainment product and piece of propaganda produced by the entertainment
division of Abstergo Industries, a multinational corporation that fans of the series will recognize as the main front for the Templar Order:
sworn enemies of the Assassin’s Order. For some reason, Abstergo has decided to allow the general public to experience the memories of an
Assassin through this product, a commercialized version of the Animus. As you play through Aveline's story, you may be directed to
locate and kill "Citizen E's", people that never existed historically. If you proceed to do so, you may discover what really happened during
certain events."

Fox1304

Sold the game last night.
The combination of this ball maze mini game + the escape sequence + the mission where you have to reach the recruiter without being seen in the middle of 20 guards got on my nerve.
Too many glitches, bugs, annoyances.
Good effort, but needs a serious round of polish before I'll touch this again.

jcm

I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. Anyone have tips for the trading mingame? How many ships should I be running? What type? Is the run to Seville for suckers? It looks so profitable, and yet so dangerous.

OmegaZero

OMG, guys. Try counter-throwing someone, then use the whip right after as they're stumbling away.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. Anyone have tips for the trading mingame? How many ships should I be running? What type? Is the run to Seville for suckers? It looks so profitable, and yet so dangerous.

Run as much ships as you can.
EDIT: Well, unless you're broke.
Personally, I haven't tried the Seville route, but I suggest you finish all of the Pirates missions first.

jorgeton

I've finally clocked in on this game after getting it with the white Vita on black friday, and it's probably one of the most wildly inconsistent games I've ever played. It veers between being my favorite AC game (I've only played 2 and brotherhood) to something I want to fling out the window. Why put in all the Vita gimmicks if they don't work?? That infamous maze puzzle is horrendous. For every two hours of pure, great gameplay, there are 10 minutes of badly implemented gimmickry that stop the game dead in its tracks. And the multiplayer is one big WTF. But, all that said, when the game is firing on all cylinders it delivers. The whole AC cycle of free running through town and doing sidequests or looking for chests is so much better on the Vita, IMO. On the console it gets repetitive, but on a handheld it just feels right. I do hope Ubisoft develops another one and leaves out all the crap and sticks to what works. Also, Aveline is awesome. Taking out a mark with the hidden daggers as the Lady never gets old.

I've finally clocked in on this game after getting it with the white Vita on black friday, and it's probably one of the most wildly inconsistent games I've ever played. It veers between being my favorite AC game (I've only played 2 and brotherhood) to something I want to fling out the window. Why put in all the Vita gimmicks if they don't work?? That infamous maze puzzle is horrendous. For every two hours of pure, great gameplay, there are 10 minutes of badly implemented gimmickry that stop the game dead in its tracks. And the multiplayer is one big WTF. But, all that said, when the game is firing on all cylinders it delivers. The whole AC cycle of free running through town and doing sidequests or looking for chests is so much better on the Vita, IMO. On the console it gets repetitive, but on a handheld it just feels right. I do hope Ubisoft develops another one and leaves out all the crap and sticks to what works. Also, Aveline is awesome. Taking out a mark with the hidden daggers as the Lady never gets old.

Wait for save file patch so you can continue to enjoy it is my opinion.

Oni Jazar

Just got through the tilting maze and didn't have as big an issue as everyone else. It helps a lot to look closely at the tilting tablet and use that as an indicator to guide the ball instead of the Vita. Took two tries and put it in well under a minute on the second try.

I agree with jorgeton in the sense that the game is awesome as well as heartbreaking. On one hand it's awesome that they scaled down the AC3 engine to the Vita with new locations, characters and storyline. On the other hand it's obvious the new engine has a ton of issues that needed a lot more polish. Gotta give the team credit for putting a full fledged AC game with much less resources then its bigger brother. Aveline is awesome and I hope that we see more Assassins Creed on the Vita.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Patch notes for AC 1.02:

SP
1. Fixed Save game corruption issues
2. Fixed issue where game exits to Ubi logo
3. Fixed instances of music stopping under specfic circumstances
4. Fixes time based stat tracking
5. Minor japanese trophy text fixes

MP
6. Fixed an issue where a new agent wouldnt put up in the roster upon levelling up
7. Fixed minor sound issues
8. Balancing: Attacking victory node with remote attack power up improved
9. Balancing: Geolocation bonus pack tweaked

Sort of boggles my mind that someone cares enough about a click-to-win MP mode to tweak the balancing in a patch.

Patch notes for AC 1.02:

SP
1. Fixed Save game corruption issues
2. Fixed issue where game exits to Ubi logo
3. Fixed instances of music stopping under specfic circumstances
4. Fixes time based stat tracking
5. Minor japanese trophy text fixes

MP
6. Fixed an issue where a new agent wouldnt put up in the roster upon levelling up
7. Fixed minor sound issues
8. Balancing: Attacking victory node with remote attack power up improved
9. Balancing: Geolocation bonus pack tweaked

Sort of boggles my mind that someone cares enough about a click-to-win MP mode to tweak the balancing in a patch.
Gotta get them trophies

OmegaZero

Awesome.
Now I can complete this game.
Hopefully the Sequence
Memory
100% synch glitch was addressed as well.

I hope they haven't patched out the whip throw.
That shit is hilarious.

Grisby

Well. Start the game and hit continue. Game goes to loading screen for a second and then back to the title screen.

Patch didn't work for me either.

Thanks for trying Ubisoft Sofia. I wish there would have been more play testing done or the ability for me to get a refund.

Top Bottom