• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Mirage has been officially announced!

Saber

Gold Member
Its an announcement, which isn't really until they show more about it on sept 10 lol

At least theres hope for coming back to the roots.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Its an announcement, which isn't really until they show more about it on sept 10 lol
They've been doing a whole franchise 15 year anniversary thing since June and it ends this month.
So they clearly were building up to the reveal but then someone fucked up with the image for the quest; this is just damage control.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Here is a picture of ancient Baghdad to wet your apatite.

round-city-baghdad-26.jpg

I sure hope this is proper AC game and not "AC infinite", a gaas game complete with never ending micro transactions, loot boxes, dei and female empowerment (aka ugly man faced women with no curves and mean gruff shit, unlikeable personality) for zoomer indoctrination as seen with a lot of games do lately...

Buy last time weren't they talking ac infinite alway online multiplayer battle roayl gaas bullshit?

I hope the concept art they provided doesn't indicate that the game will have more stylized "cartoony" graphics than previous entries. Looking at that art reminds me of side projects like AC Chronicles: China or AC Chronicles: Russia.

Okay, we'll see.
Now, as they did in Valhalla, I hope to see white men with blond hair in Badgad. Well, diversity has to work both ways, right?

It's obviously a joke
You joke, but it's true. Id rather they not push the dei shit at all, but if they do at least be equal about it. Hopefully people will then see how absurd it is and the games will get less sales meaning back to legit historical or nationality based npcs, and proper history (can't be fully historically accurate but the scletting should at least strive for that.)

I hope the concept art they provided doesn't indicate that the game will have more stylized "cartoony" graphics than previous entries. Looking at that art reminds me of side projects like AC Chronicles: China or AC Chronicles: Russia.
Just like the leak for the new need for speed. Gotta pull in the zoomer fortnight crowd.. In committe : " those kids play lots of battle royal, and love bright rainbow colors, micro transactions, loot boxes, cosmetics, feminism, goofy high school type writing, and cartoony graphics"....

I hope this deliver's a classic but modern/updated gaming approach to the franchise. I tried to get into Origin and Valhalla but it did not click with me. Hopefully they find a nice balance to keep current fans happy but bring back those they lost like myself by putting back some of the original DNA.

Ozrimandias

Honestly, i kind of interested, the most interesting settings to me are from ACI - AC Revelations - AC Origins. (And those from Europe - Unity and Syndicate)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Very interested in this. I loved Odyssey but just couldn't get through more than a few hours of Valhalla. Good to hear they might be returning to the series' roots.

Also, as someone who recently played through the first Assassin's Creed game, it definitely needs a remaster.

Last edited:

Fbh

More than anything I hope the report that it's lower scale turns out to be true.

Even with all the issues I still enjoy AC....just not when it get's stretched thin over a 50 hours.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Fine with the setting. Getting bored of the AC gameplay, even in the new iterations. Wasn't into Valhalla, found the environments not interesting too explore, and all the content felt tedious.

Hydroxy

Make it one moderately sized city with many varied things to do, and I'll come back to the series.

If I can beat it in under 20 hours, even better.
Yes agreed. Main story should be no more than 15 hours max. Don't have time for 100 hours of padding.

As someone who belongs to the middle east, this is exciting. I really enjoyed the setting of AC1, AC Origins and now I will enjoy this as well. And no, its not a "representation" thing for me. I just like old civilizations and I think middle east has a ton of rich history. I hope the rumors of the AC1 Remake are true, AC1 deserves it. I can't wait too see what a next-gen Damascus looks like!

And Baghad will be a good pre-hype leading towards the remake of Assassin's Creed 1.

Rudius

Just like the leak for the new need for speed. Gotta pull in the zoomer fortnight crowd.. In committe : " those kids play lots of battle royal, and love bright rainbow colors, micro transactions, loot boxes, cosmetics, feminism, goofy high school type writing, and cartoony graphics"....
I'd rather be assassinated.

Moneal

As someone who belongs to the middle east, this is exciting. I really enjoyed the setting of AC1, AC Origins and now I will enjoy this as well. And no, its not a "representation" thing for me. I just like old civilizations and I think middle east has a ton of rich history. I hope the rumors of the AC1 Remake are true, AC1 deserves it. I can't wait too see what a next-gen Damascus looks like!

And Baghad will be a good pre-hype leading towards the remake of Assassin's Creed 1.
As someone not from there, I agree. The entire mid east has some amazing history to explore. Can't wait.

GHG

Very interested in this. I loved Odyssey but just couldn't get through more than a few hours of Valhalla. Good to hear they might be returning to the series' roots.

Also, as someone who recently played through the first Assassin's Creed game, it definitely needs a remaster.

To be honest after origins I was done with the new formula. Only got a dozen or so hours in to Odyssey and only played Valhalla to test out my new PC hardware I had at the time. The games were all so samey and after putting 100h+ in to Origins I didn't want to do it all again.

It also helped that I adored the setting of origins while the other two didn't do anywhere near as much for me in that regard.

Top Bottom