• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Mirage has been officially announced!

rubenburgt

I don't understand Ubisoft.

I don't play assassin Creed games anymore, but don't the fans want to have one set in Asia, particularly in Japan, for decades? Why are they so afraid of creating this?

Belthazar

This'll probably be the first Ass Creed game I play since Black Flag. I hate the new direction the franchise is going, so a return to what came before might do the trick for me.

Last edited:
No Problem Reaction GIF by DAVE

Arachnid

Fix the stealth. I've bought the last two ACs for 10 dollars with DLC. I'd like to buy one at launch, but make it a proper stealth game.

Banned
looks like proper Assassin's Creed again on first glance at least.

so this could be good, they now have the hardware power to really use the concepts of AC1 and 2 and perfect them.

large crowds to hide in and to manipulate to your advantage, dense cities with lots of parcour possibilities and open ended ways to assassinate your target with more complex leveldesign (maybe inspired by Hitman)

Last edited:

Banned
The comparisons with Tsushima will be brutal if they ever do a Japan game.

not really, AC (Odyssey and Origins in particular) has a better fighting system at the very last, and if they reduce the map clutter they could make a way better game than Ghost of Tsushima.
but being Ubisoft I bet they can't keep themselves from cluttering the map once again

Last edited:
I don't understand Ubisoft.

I don't play assassin Creed games anymore, but don't the fans want to have one set in Asia, particularly in Japan, for decades? Why are they so afraid of creating this?
I know. After all their trilogies/duologies/anthologies set in countries of close proximity where they could reuse a decent amount of assets, You'd think they would have done a Japan, China, Korea combo by now.

The comparisons with Tsushima will be brutal if they ever do a Japan game.
Brutal in what way? Aside from the fun and impressive combat, Tsushima is by all means an Ubisoft game in structure anyway. Ubisoft has the manpower to make a Japan AC that dwarfs Tsushima in scale, detail, and beauty. AC games may not have depth or tolerable game design, but games like Unity and Origins are as gorgeous and impressively built as they come.

Shivvy24

Looks like it's set in India if that's the Taj Mahal in the background

Edit : nvm it's Baghdad 🔥

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Wish they went to Iran instead of Bagdad. Considering thats where the actual assassin order came from. And there would be alot more biomes available and more shizzle lol

If the rumors are true and this is turning back into a stealth/assassin franchise as opposed to an open world RPG I might buy it Day 1

Last ac I finish was 2 on console and later the psp version.

Got to play Viking on with PlayStation plus.

Same awful shit… gave up after 1 hour.

Laptop1991

I like and own them all, only 3 i didn't finish or like, so i'm interested to find out about the game, i hope it's not gaas and a whole sp experience, i wonder if it will be open world or more like the previous games and stealth returns properly. gonna check on the 10th.

I can't get excited for AC anymore. It's always the exact same experience. Too long, too monotonous and too Ubisoftey. I'll get the gold edition when it's 20 bucks,play it for ten hours and never touch it again. Rinse and repeat.
I've taken a step back from it all recently and I've realized that the Far Cry and AC games are the comfort food of AAA action gaming. When you just want more of a relaxing and familiar experience in a game instead of extremely sweaty try hard gameplay, that's what you go to those two franchises for. It's why most of their game interfaces are so hand-holding too. Not everyone will like that but it's okay with me 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Amiga

Okay, we'll see.
Now, as they did in Valhalla, I hope to see white men with blond hair in Badgad. Well, diversity has to work both ways, right?

It's obviously a joke
White men with blond hair were more common in old Bagdad than you think.

Hello,

I took the opportunity of a video about to correct an information/a bad translation (the one concerning "multiple cities") to make some new revelations about Assassin's Creed Mirage.

• I confirm that Baghdad is the only city in the game BUT DIVIDED into multiple zones (4 normally, each with a boss). There will be desert, oases and rivers around.
  • Return of throwing knives
  • Return of the hiding places on the roofs
  • Lots of NPCs in the streets (the goal is to have as many as in Unity)
  • Lots of interactions for the parkour such as "lanterns" to turn around the corner of a wall or poles to reach distant buildings (example at 7:03 on the video)
  • Some assassinations will be in slow-motion (especially aerial assassinations)

I've pretty much said everything about the little details, I'll let Ubisoft reveal the game to you on September 10. I will come back to talk about the script in a few months when I have more info

adam-sandler-holy-shit.gif

You'd prefer yet another game involving the open sea and boats?
Black Flag is still probably the best game in the series and the last one I bothered to play for more than an hour so yeah, sure! But I'd also like if they made for eg. something set in China. It clearly has a lot of untapped potential given their vast history and the Chinese market will like it.

dcx4610

Glad it looks like it's going to back to basics and the religious era but they really need to take a break from Assassin's Creed games in general. I've played and beat them all but there are just so many freaking many of them and they are a slog to get through with how open world they've become.

legacy24

sounds promising but please don't bloat the game like these RPG style AssCreed games lately, just make it 20-30 hours at most and I will buy it

each time I lose more hope on having a mesoamerican Assassin's Creed at the apogee of Aztec civilization.
That would be cool. Maybe do a more tight AC like Origins- less like Odessey and Valhalla, they had pyramids too so I think it would work or Japan - but after Ghost of Tsushima I bet they are afraid they won't top it... But honestly I got tired of level up formula and bloated maps with question marks- next AC should be 25-30h game tops, then they could actually do a high quality AC game. Will see how this one turns out.

Last edited:

Rodolink

That would be cool. Maybe do a more tight AC like Origins- less like Odessey and Valhalla, they had pyramids too so I think it would work. Or Japan - but after Ghost of Tsushima I bet they are afraid they won't top it...
yeah I love Japan and all japanese stuff, but there are so many more civilizations and cultures that are interesting.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Remember when this series got run into the ground and then they made like five more? good times

I stopped at Liberation on the Vita (Edit. holy shit that was ten years ago maybe I'll check this one out)

Luck

If its another Origins/Odysey/Valhalla - I will pass,
If it much, much smaller game like the original series - I might give a another chance

Top Bottom