• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

ZeroX03

Banned
The game has to load new data in somehow. Hitching happens in pretty much every open world game.

It was inside a separate non-open instance with no NPCs. Was in that area while setting up my capture device with constant drops, it should not still be loading data by that point. Up to 9 repeated frames at a time is in no way acceptable.

So I found a golden treasure chest. Yet I can't get what's inside because it can't connect to Ubisoft servers? I'm on ps4. My internet connection seems fine.

What are in those things and what gives?

ZeroX03

Banned
Had that happen in the same area. There's some sort of animation error going on during climbing in some spots while pushing the stick in certain directions that brings the framerate to <10.

There's a few sections such as
escaping the prison
where I get sub 20fps as well. Pretty fucking bad. The game can't handle transitions into cutscenes either.

Where are the reviews?

12PM Eastern/9AM Pacific

Do I need to be on a VPN to start an Indian Origin download? Unity says it unlocks at 2AM but it's nearly 5 AM and I still don't see an install button :/

Real bummer seeing all the issues on the PS4/ONE versions. Glad I am renting this through Gamefly first, was real close to getting in the B2G1 Free target deal.

Bought this on ps4 uk store, not released till Friday, however it doesn't mention anything about preloading, if I have to download 41 Gb on day one it'll take forever.

Does the uk psn store not support preloading?

post-31458-Jim-Carrey-disgust-puke-gif-Du-5Lr8.gif

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
This makes me very sad. It's not even the kind of issue you need to look for to see, or have technical knowledge of games to be able to pick out, it's glaringly obvious.

Even an observer who never plays games would see weird shit's going on. It's uncanny.

So much great work seems to have gone into the environments, lighting and animation only to have it tarnished by blatantly unfinished tech. I feel bad for the talent there.

Spacejaws

Except he's like British Ezio... Seriously he's supposed to be french, why does he have a British accent?

I'm going to guess it's the negative connotations of the french accent. Usually used in media satirically or a stereotypically especially for americans. They'll have had meetings debating why they shouldn't use an accent.

I mean, they don't even have a word for "entrepreneur" - George W Bush 2002 - Disclaimer: Only rumoured to have been said by Mr. Bush and probably false.

Lucifon

I'm sorry my footage wasn't good enough for you. I'll do that now.

No no not at all mate, it's much appreciated. With the launch here being on Friday I'm just interested to see how the game is just running around areas. Because that choppiness in your video would be a dealbreaker for me.

Hmm this looks pretty great here! That scale is crazy impressive. Pop in is terrible though, but that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. Wish they'd scaled back the NPCs a touch to improve that.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I have a quick guess about some of the cause for the frame rate drop. In many games, the ssystem doesn't have to draw beyond what the player can't see through. This game seems to draw everything all the time, like in eagle vision when you can see NPCs and otger things through the walls. That could really do a number on frame rate if at certain spots the poly count were to go much higher than in other places. Just a thought and a guess.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
This parity debate is ridiculous. If ubisoft says both are the same on both consoles, why would they lie? Ps4 / X bone basically the same.the whole 60 Fps Is moot, these consoles can barely handle it.

Play the games/controller you like. Nobody cares what system you think is better. Fact is xb1 is much better, just calm down on the vitriol ps4 trolls. Take a breath, play sso and stop being such complainers. 99.9% of the gaming community doesn't see the hate and vitriol from the vocal 1% of the gaming community [you're bad we know]

If you want to be superior buy a 5k pc. If you want to play with friends go xb1, if you want to be an angry hermit go ps4 ... Most of us 99.9% could care less.

It's pretty sad that the vocal (whiny complainers) minority gets most of the press. Devs need to grow a pair and tell the trolls to eat dick.
My 2 cents
Uhhhhh what? PS4 owners are angry hermits?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
This is the first paragraph of the Cheatcc review Eden mentioned.

When the first Assassin’s Creed came out, I admit to being really excited and equally let down upon its arrival. I found it incredibly easy to make fun of the shortcomings in the game. I even found it easier to ignore the follow-ups. Well ignore is a strong word, more like I played them a bit until I got bored. It wasn’t until I played Assassin’s Creed III that I felt like this was the game I was excited for all those years ago.

This was where I stopped reading.

Altima

Why the fuck I have to play something on companion app to unlock chest in the game ???

Have to read story of Destiny on mobile app is bad enough but have to play companion app to unlock somethings in game is not acceptable.

deeptech

Why the fuck I have to play something on companion app to unlock chest in the game ???

Have to read story of Destiny on mobile app is bad enough but have to play companion app to unlock thing in game is unbearable.

I would say because someone , somewhere earns money when you do

d9b

Banned
This parity debate is ridiculous. If ubisoft says both are the same on both consoles, why would they lie? Ps4 / X bone basically the same.the whole 60 Fps Is moot, these consoles can barely handle it.

Play the games/controller you like. Nobody cares what system you think is better. Fact is xb1 is much better, just calm down on the vitriol ps4 trolls. Take a breath, play sso and stop being such complainers. 99.9% of the gaming community doesn't see the hate and vitriol from the vocal 1% of the gaming community [you're bad we know]

If you want to be superior buy a 5k pc. If you want to play with friends go xb1, if you want to be an angry hermit go ps4 ... Most of us 99.9% could care less.

It's pretty sad that the vocal (whiny complainers) minority gets most of the press. Devs need to grow a pair and tell the trolls to eat dick.
My 2 cents

Are we witnessing a meltdown? Pretty sure this is a meltdown. Lol!

Lucifon

Man , those AI programmers must have been smoking some good shit. This is clearly not anywhere near finished product. I can bet that micro-transaction features all work without single problem

I think it's more the case the game was forced out the door too early to hit that November holiday sales window, despite quite obviously not being ready.

DrBo42

that looks sunning, i hope they can sort out these frame rate and texture popping issues with a patch

Like I said, scale is amazing which makes the technical issues so heartbreaking. Guess it was just a matter of trying to do too much but I can't understand why they didn't reign in some of the crowd if that's how it performs.

Top Bottom