• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity - PC Performance thread

He's getting 40-50 fps without TXAA (2x msaa, 1080p, no vysnc) on a 970 with latest drivers:

http://www.twitch.tv/badgroll

gg

988.gif

Kinthalis

Banned
Dude on the stream is getting 250 FPS!!!

On a pre-rendered cutscene :p

It looks liek the prerendered cutscenes are 60 FPS though, they certinaly look really smooth!

Or maybe it's just a not very demanding real-time cutscne? I'm so confused!

Skyzard

Banned

It was basically constantly 40fps in the first section he played... (although I'm not sure if it was the first section...he had this weird selection screen...) anyway. It was 40-45 the whole time with the AI and the combat going on.

When that finished it's been 50-60 just during gameplay. But still early on. Seems like he switched to FXAA too.

It looks good from what I can see though...

shit it wasn't even at ultra for environments and textures.

leng jai

So your PC is less powerful than your PS4? 'cause that's the only reason to go PS4, in which case you were probably goign to go PS4 regardless...

Not really. If you've got a PS4 there's solid reasoning to get that version instead if the PC port isn't that great anyway. There are reasons to buy it on console outside of pure performance.

ISee

Indoors it's 55-65 FPS for this guy.

Gotta say, having watched the PS4 youtube videos, once again, 50+ FPS does wonder to how the game looks and feels.

Now he is running the game @ 1080p, everything on ultra but shadows wich are on low and FXAA. Around 55-60 fps indoors. Waiting for Paris.

And his specs again, for people who do not want to search.

Intel® Core™ i7-4790K 4,00GHz

2x 4GB Corsair XMS3 PC3-12800U CL9

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970 4GB GDDR5

Jin

Now he is running the game @ 1080p, everything on ultra but shadows wich are on low and FXAA. Around 55-60 fps indoors. Waiting for Paris.

And his specs again, for people who do not want to search.

Intel® Core™ i7-4790K 4,00GHz

2x 4GB Corsair XMS3 PC3-12800U CL9

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970 4GB GDDR5

Does the streamer have the latest Nvidia drivers?

Lulubop

So am I shit out of luck with a GTX 770. Might as well play on a PS4 ?

yes, go with the less powerful PS4. It makes perfect sense, thanks for stopping by.

I can't with these thread any more.

Anyway, cheapest place to get it? Does that Origin India store trick still work?

Skyzard

Banned
Does the streamer have the latest Nvidia drivers?

Yes.

Looks like about 55 fps during usual gameplay. Not sure about his settings though (not sure if the max textures applied). He's on FXAA now though.

Lighting looks nice, popin doesn't seem super common.

Kinthalis

Banned
Not really. If you've got a PS4 there's solid reasoning to get that version instead if the PC port isn't that great anyway. There are reasons to buy it on console outside of pure performance.

IF you're debating whether to get it on PC or PS4, I'd assume performance/grpahics ar eprobably at least one reason why.

For em 60 FPS vs 30 with drops is reason enough.

Genio88

From what i've seen i should be able to max it out at 1080p with mssa 2X at about 30-40fps with my i7 4770k and r9 290 OC

patapuf

we've no indication that the PC port isn't that great though. One shouldn't froget that the performance on PS4 is pretty poor if you like stable framerates, even at 900p.

Of course if performance isn't important to a person because he prioritises friends or trophies or whatever he'll buy it on consoles. I find it unlikely such a person would consider the PC version no matter the port quality.

yes, go with the less powerful PS4. It makes perfect sense, thanks for stopping by.

I can't with these thread any more.

Anyway, cheapest place to get it? Does that Origin India store trick still work?
It will never stop. Ever.

And I got my copy from there an hour or two ago without issues. In my origin library although it doesn't unlock for 11 hours, no pre-load. Came out to 31 USD after tax for me.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Game has huge performance hit (on the images and the twitch stream), but the visuals doesn't look that great (for some reason, I just can't put my finger on which visual elements looks bad).

Qassim

If you take into consideration of the context of his comment, then presumably his "Guess I'll go PS4 then" is about performance.

orava

The global illumination(?) implementation makes it look kinda weird. Like everything is wrapped in plastic.

chip123

How do people think I will fare with an i5-4670k at 4GHZ and a 7950? Black Flag ran fine with most settings at max for the most part.

BeforeJam

Neo Member
A Ubisoft engine is inefficient? You don't say.

Seriously, Ubi, 1600x900 console versions, 780s can't run it above 30 on PC? Get your shit together.

dawid

I wonder what UBI does with their PC-games to get that slow and stable framerate-diff. It's like the engine is rendering some kind of median-value of what it's capable off. Never seen another games framerate respond to the environment in the way Watch Dogs, AssCreed and Far Cry 3 does.

And those games don't even use the same engine.

Top Bottom