• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity - PC Performance thread

You're gonna love these. He says it's running a bit worse in Paris, so about 30fps average.
15759010971_aaabac4ec2_o_d.png

15575714097_c0e7e75a38_o_d.png

15762446942_ed5c398153_o_d.png

15762447712_f5c4c14719_o_d.png

15140845924_a97f6a2132_o_d.png

15760819865_bd670159d5_o_d.png

15575646107_3c602b906c_o_d.png

15574968439_514217d84e_o_d.png

15762379222_f07759c183_o_d.png

15575649697_a1aab197de_o_d.png

15576016330_bbff3ec531_o_d.png

15576017110_5bf8f54611_o_d.png

15140854764_4ae40ab095_o_d.png

15575653697_d766cb0387_o_d.png

ISee

Any word on sli scaling or vram usage ?

Nope. We also have to wait for PC-Patch 1.2... Ubisoft is only deploying Patch 1.1.0 atm via UPlay as it seems.

Assassin's Creed® Unity v1.2.0
################################################## ##############################
Fixed crash when accepting invitation in specific cases
Added NVIDIA technologies descriptions in advanced graphics page
Improved performance in cinematic on low HW configurations
Fixed various Graphic issues
Fixed various Input issues
Fixed various Multi-GPU issues
Fixed various UI issues
Fixed various Uplay Invitations issues

Evo X

I think we should start a fresh thread tomorrow when everyone actually has the game and the patches/drivers have rolled out.

This thread is full of whiny bullshit, even more so than the usual Assassin's Creed thread.

Nope. We also have to wait for PC-Patch 1.2... Ubisoft is only deploying Patch 1.1.0 atm via UPlay as it seems.

Assassin's Creed® Unity v1.2.0
################################################## ##############################
Fixed crash when accepting invitation in specific cases
Added NVIDIA technologies descriptions in advanced graphics page
Improved performance in cinematic on low HW configurations
Fixed various Graphic issues
Fixed various Input issues
Fixed various Multi-GPU issues
Fixed various UI issues
Fixed various Uplay Invitations issues

Where did you get this from?

ref

Game looks pretty great to me, aside from the hair being a little wonky, but that's almost universal in games.

Hoping I can get at least 60 fps maxed out @ 1440p with SLI 980's.

orava

? They look great to me, hair aside, that look weird depending on the shot.

I'm actually also liking how the game looks overall but there are some funny details there. Like some textures and models that could be straight from a game released in 2003.

I think the game looks beautiful so far. The community on gaf is like a angry mob with pitchforks, yes I'm new here... Ya'll haven't even touched it yet!

Here I made this for you....

asscreedhandle2rsfl.png

eyecreedxis04.png

eyecreed2lgsf7.png

eyecreed3hgsw8.png

eyecreed4hastz.png

don't yell at me

I think the game looks beautiful so far. The community on gaf is like a angry mob with pitchforks, yes I'm new here... Ya'll haven't even touched it yet!

Here I made this for you....

asscreedhandle2rsfl.png

eyecreedxis04.png

eyecreed2lgsf7.png

eyecreed3hgsw8.png

eyecreed4hastz.png

don't yell at me

it is unacceptable that this crap does not run at 240fps on max settings on my gtx 460 in 2014. pre-order cancelled. let's boycott ubisoft

/s

AMD just dropped a patch with Advanced Warfare and Assassin's creed Unity Optimization fixes....if this has Crossfire support day one I'll be very impressed.

New AMD beta drivers...

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.1 Beta Driver for Windows

Click here to visit our Graphics Drivers and Software page and click on “Latest Windows Beta Driver” to download the driver.

For instructions on how to uninstall or install the AMD Catalyst Software Suite, you may refer to the following support resources:

· How-To Uninstall AMD Catalyst™ Drivers From A Windows® Based System
· How-To Install AMD Catalyst™ Drivers For A Windows® Based System

AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.1 Beta Driver for Windows® - Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and Assassin’s Creed® Unity Performance Driver!

This release enables peak driver performance optimization for AMD Radeon™ graphics

Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.1 Windows® Beta Driver

Performance Improvements
• Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare performance optimizations
• Assassin’s Creed Unity performance optimizations

Known Issues

•Occasional stuttering in Assassin’s Creed® Unity in CrossFire mode under specific game settings
•Small chance of intermittent screen tearing or corruption in Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare on high settings 4K resolution in AMD CrossFire™ mode
•Quad CrossFire AMD Radeon™ R9 295X2 may sometimes black screen when loading a game in Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare
•AMD Radeon™ R9 280X/280 may experience a crash when playing Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and a video at the same time. If you experience this issue a work around is turning off the video while playing the game.
•CrossFire users may experience intermittent flickering in Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare menus. As a work around if this issue is seen restarting the game may cause the issue to disappear.

Important Notes

AMD is currently working with Activision to resolve the following issues in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare:
• Users in AMD CrossFire™ mode sometimes experience texture corruption
• Negative scaling sometimes being observed at specific resolutions with AMD CrossFire™

AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I just bought a stupidly expensive gaming laptop with a 870m in it, and it won't even be able to run it properly by the looks of things.
Honestly, what's the point in a PC version when they cut off a massive chunk of their market by demanding tech barely anyone has to run it?

Ah well, at least those screenshots you took were pretty, OP.

I can't speak for mobile cards, but what did you expect? It's a laptop. I'd still wager you'll be able to play it.

Kevyt

New AMD beta drivers...

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.1 Beta Driver for Windows

Click here to visit our Graphics Drivers and Software page and click on “Latest Windows Beta Driver” to download the driver.

For instructions on how to uninstall or install the AMD Catalyst Software Suite, you may refer to the following support resources:

· How-To Uninstall AMD Catalyst™ Drivers From A Windows® Based System
· How-To Install AMD Catalyst™ Drivers For A Windows® Based System

AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.1 Beta Driver for Windows® - Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and Assassin’s Creed® Unity Performance Driver!

This release enables peak driver performance optimization for AMD Radeon™ graphics

Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.1 Windows® Beta Driver

Performance Improvements
• Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare performance optimizations
• Assassin’s Creed Unity performance optimizations

Known Issues

•Occasional stuttering in Assassin’s Creed® Unity in CrossFire mode under specific game settings
•Small chance of intermittent screen tearing or corruption in Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare on high settings 4K resolution in AMD CrossFire™ mode
•Quad CrossFire AMD Radeon™ R9 295X2 may sometimes black screen when loading a game in Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare
•AMD Radeon™ R9 280X/280 may experience a crash when playing Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and a video at the same time. If you experience this issue a work around is turning off the video while playing the game.
•CrossFire users may experience intermittent flickering in Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare menus. As a work around if this issue is seen restarting the game may cause the issue to disappear.

Important Notes

AMD is currently working with Activision to resolve the following issues in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare:
• Users in AMD CrossFire™ mode sometimes experience texture corruption
• Negative scaling sometimes being observed at specific resolutions with AMD CrossFire™

AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.

Thanks!

I got a 270 (non-x) and a gtx 970. I was gonna test the game with my 290, but alas it's getting RMA'd... It's going to be interesting running the game with a 270, which has about the same performance, but still significantly more powerful, than the PS4's GPU. It should also give an idea of how a 7850/7870 and a 270x should perform, for those that have this kinds of GPU's...

I am also gonna try and run this game in my laptop which has an i7 3610qm processor and a 650m just for fun. I was trying to use a VPN/Proxy to change my location to try and see if Unity from Uplay would unlock and let me download the game. It didn't work. Gonna have to wait a few more hours. For anyone that's interested, I have a Sapphire 270 dual-x, and a zotac 970. I have a 4790k, and I will downclock, and disable some cores/hyper threading, to simulate an i5, and an i3. It's going to be fun experimenting with Unity.

Stream has been 30-40fps for a while just in the city (ground level) again. Not sure if he changed something.

http://www.twitch.tv/badgroll

I heard shadows were on low.

Those look good CyberPunked.
Do you know if he can get a stable 60 at lower rez?

This stream is hilarious. I'm a PC gamer for the most part, but he is doing exactly what people rag on PC gamers for doing. Literally changing graphics options every 30 seconds, lol. Jesus christ just play the game!

Its unwatchable. Though I'm not sure if people are asking him to change the options, I can't German.

UrbanRats

This stream is hilarious. I'm a PC gamer for the most part, but he is doing exactly what people rag on PC gamers for doing. Literally changing graphics options every 30 seconds, lol. Jesus christ just play the game!

Its unwatchable. Though I'm not sure if people are asking him to change the options, I can't German.
i usually spend the first 2 hours of a game doing just that.
Gotta know what's the best compromise for me, man.

Unless i can just run maxed out at 60... in that case i try to 4k.

It's a new demanding game. I can't blame anyone for spending time to tweak.

i usually spend the first 2 hours of a game doing just that.
Gotta know what's the best compromise for me, man.

Unless i can just run maxed out at 60... in that case i try to 4k.

I generally never need that much time to tweak. I would say like 15 minutes on average. Its usually pretty clear what settings are bogging down performance and where to compromise.

I love having graphics options and being able to tailor my performance, but I guess I'm different than most PC gamers in that once I find something that's giving me the performance I want (as close to 60fps as possible at 1080p), I turn FRAPS off and just enjoy the game.

Melpontro

No Nvidia Faceworks in Unity, right?
For some reason I was under the assumption it had it, but I can't seem to find anything on it. Guess I might have just been thinking about Arkham Knight.

Top Bottom