• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity - PC Performance thread

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Ah hell with it. I'll nab this, use GeForce experience, optimize and let it rip. :) See how it looks. After to wait after this midnight launch at work though. :(

I love how the VRAM is maxed out in the 4K shots. Gotta have that Ubisoft trademark stutter.

Wouldn't be a ubi game without it. That said...

dD5PHiz.gif

Alex

I'm sure this game is far from perfect but there are way too many come-lately PC gamers who toss around the word optimization and expect to just click ultra and get 1080p+, 60 FPS regardless of any bells and whistles, the last few years were so not the norm. While you're not going to have problems outperforming consoles you're going to be brought back to Earth for a little while for some games, especially those without a last generation baseline.

Still a life of simplicity and comfort compared to the past though, back when console launches weren't this meek and games weren't a big, homogeneous pool so we consistently had ambitious PC titles targeting hefty future specs that would bring your machine (which cost a lot more for a good one than it does now!) to it's knees.

Strangely my gmg copy redeemed on uplay is already unlocked. Running through the prologue.
I7 4790k
Gtx 980

All options high
v sync on
msaa 2
Ssao

smooth so far, haven't hit Paris yet but easily at 60fps

Kevyt

Strangely my gmg copy redeemed on uplay is already unlocked. Running through the prologue.
I7 4790k
Gtx 980

All options high
v sync on
msaa 2
Ssao

smooth so far, haven't hit Paris yet but easily at 60fps

Tell us what your Frames are when you get to Paris. Also do you have PCSS on or off?

No Nvidia Faceworks in Unity, right?
For some reason I was under the assumption it had it, but I can't seem to find anything on it. Guess I might have just been thinking about Arkham Knight.
Is anyone using Faceworks yet? I remember Activision releasing a tech demo using it, but is that what AW is using?

SmartBase

Game looks to perform okay but definitely waiting for AMD to update their drivers (and CF fixes) properly, as per the usual.

Corpekata

Banned
Seeing some people say they're playing in Uplay already (not retail copies). Anyone able to do so yet if they bought it somewhere other than Steam?

What the fuck? If that's legit where the fuck did they pull their minimum specs from? A 5770 is a mid grade card from 2009.

Minimum specs just means this is the minimum card, cpu, and ram combo we tested and guarantee to work. That is all minimum spec means. Studios have a limited number of configurations they can test with. Otherwise, it gets prohibitively expensive real fast.

Minimum specs just means this is the minimum card, cpu, and ram combo we tested and guarantee to work. That is all minimum spec means. Studios have a limited number of configurations they can test with. Otherwise, it gets prohibitively expensive real fast.

A GTX 680 was as low as they were willing to test? I hope those videos are real, it would be nice to see the game scale that well, it's just hard to imagine they'd limit their market so much with min specs like that. It's by far the highest GPU min I've seen for any game.

Teletraan1

Banned

Limiting the amount of customers who will safely purchase a product is not a good solution either. If developers are that strapped for test rigs there are probably lot of willing participants for a performance beta or they could be outsourcing that work and quite cheaply.

Limiting the amount of customers who will safely purchase a product is not a good solution either. If developers are that strapped for test rigs there are probably lot of willing participants for a performance beta or they could be outsourcing that work and quite cheaply.

It doesn't really limit most of the consumers who would buy this game. Anyone who has been playing pc games for any extended period of time knows to wait for benchmarks once the game releases rather than rely on min and rec specs.

Smokey

Pm me and I'll give you mine. I'm at work and can't use it anyways, so just send me yours when you get it.

actually i checked my email and it was there. downloading it now. i was looking on my gmg account for some reason.

thanks for the kind offer though!

I believe it is legit, people have confirmed with similar cards to run it decently.

Well that's pretty great then. I've seen overly conservative min specs before but I can't remember any example as egregious as this and in most cases min specs results in a pretty miserable experience.

Boss Mog

So OP wasn't using the ACU "Game Ready" drivers that came out today? I'm sure those should boost his performance at least somewhat.

Smokey

Smokey that is some good friend you have there. The trust is real.

I've actually never talked to him before, which makes him even more awesome. Worked out for me though :p

It's downloading now. I am doing this for yall. I am gonna brute force the shit out of this game and bend its will. Blood will be had if UBI fails me.

I've actually never talked to him before, which makes him even more awesome. Worked out for me though :p

It's downloading now. I am doing this for yall. I am gonna brute force the shit out of this game and bend its will. Blood will be had if UBI fails me.

You still rocking the Titan Blacks, right?

Kyo645

Banned
got my GMG code, ran though for about 45 minutes until I got to the "needs to finish installing " screen

Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2GB
Intel Core i5 3340 @ 3.10 ghz
8GB Ram

playing with settings on high, v sync on msaa x2, SSAO and at 1080p

was maintaining 30fps most of the time with a few times going above(and one time below), I might mess with a few settings after the whole game finishes downloading and get a chance to continue.

Top Bottom