• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity possible leak *potential spoilers*

A junior by the name of mrndkra in the hype thread posted this image, which comes from a verified reddit post. Thoughts?

Looks cool, especially if it is playable.

EDITS:
Don't do this to yourselves GAF. Do not jump to conclusions from a reddit poster who is flat out lying about things. He is simply doing it for more clicks.
I will flat out say again...IT'S NOT TRUE.

Be sad for days....sorry.
Other gaffers have 'confirmed' these statements.

More-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8AargTroKw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf9S3mx52LU
iI48ZRLodhje6.gif

ijPKxCN29rGgG.gif
THIS IS A BETA / INCOMPLETE CODE

DOWN

Banned
I don't even get what these could be. Like are they the kind of instances we got in the past games such as the war machine segments in AC Brotherhood and the Altair sections of Revelations?

Are they maybe just story cutscenes? Comics?

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Im guessing they are either videos/extras, I mean one of them is for Jazz? So what, we are going to 1920s New Orleans? Some sort of collectible thing I reckon.

Jetman

!

Wow, yeah, spoiler warning on that. Maybe it's just seperate challenge missions like Dark Knight?

I can't see the game having a spoilery "mission select" screen like that.

DOWN

Banned
Connor in the frontier with this new-gen visuals would be glorious. Seems like they are co-op missions?

Maybe. I thought they did indeed suggest that the Unity single-player isn't totally co-op ready, but rather there'd be specific missions you can start.

EDIT: I'm gonna go with challenge maps. Not certain if they'd be co-op.

Alienous

Im guessing they are either videos/extras, I mean one of them is for Jazz? So what, we are going to 1920s New Orleans? Some sort of collectible thing I reckon.

But it seems like it's revealing new Assassin's, like a Japanese assassin ('The Emperor's Shadow'). I don't know if that's worth a video. And the art is certainly on point.

There's no chronological order, though. All of the images backgrounds are the same. It's strange.

EDIT:
From the Reddit verified poster (although this verification might not be regarding the information): "[It's a] Level selection screen. Each level has its own area and assassin you use."
"

But it seems like it's revealing new Assassin's, like a Japanese assassin ('The Emperor's Shadow'). I don't know if that's worth a video. And the art is certainly on point.

There's no chronological order, though. All of the images backgrounds are the same. It's strange.

Not new, shes Shao Jun, a Chinese Assassin who appears in Assassin's Creed: Embers

I'm thinking it'll be part of the new modern day plot. "Devils of the Caribbean" was the in-game name for the product Abstergo Entertainment produced out of Edward's memories; I'm thinking you'll be able to collect snippets from other Abstergo productions of a similar nature.

EDIT:
From the Reddit verified poster (although this verification might not be regarding the information): "[It's a] Level selection screen. Each level has its own area and assassin you use."
"

Amazing if true.

News Bot

Banned
What you are seeing is the structured campaign level list. Each level affords a different location such as Ireland during the Great Famine. Each level then has its own assassin for the area. The levels are wholly coopable from the investigation, to the assassination, to the side missions/diversions.
Players can either join free roam and accompany you into missions, or you can start a mission via matchmaking.

Woah.

So, whatever the nature of the content, the framing device is absolutely an Abstergo Entertainment thing.
Jacques de Molay, the guy in the top right, was last (real) Templar Grand Master.
So there's no way they're not somehow involved :p

Am I crazy or is Connor not on that list

Playing into the above, in AC4's modern segments you learn that
Connor's memories were judged "unsuitable" for making any products out of.

No but I'm under NDA from a certain company that is not Ubisoft.
if the mods want I could verify it to them through pm.

Ya, no, the company will hunt you down and fine you if they see you breaking NDA. I know which company you are referring to, and they had this issue last game and it screwed things up for everyone.

Dead

well not really...yet
Uhh reading the Reditt thread, this shit sounds huge...like...ACU is a totally different game than what is being advertised being huge

The guy even says Vaseline is playable and customizable

Melchior

Wow this looks/sounds awesome. Stopped playing AC after 2 but this is definitely looking like the one to pull me back in

Alienous

So, whatever the nature of the content, the framing device is absolutely an Abstergo Entertainment thing.
Jacques de Molay, the guy in the top right, was last (real) Templar Grand Master.
So there's no way they're not somehow involved :p

Perhaps this is part of the Abstergo side of the narrative/game. As earlier mentioned, AC4's events is branded as 'Devil's of the Caribbean' by Abstergo Entertainment. Maybe you collect this segments of gameplay as part of the present day narrative?

Quick

Banned
The Shao Jun mission could be awesome.

Really, each one sounds pretty cool to me.

Edit: Could the "Hell in Hibernia" character be Shay Patrick Cormac of AC Rogue?

Corpekata

Banned
If this is true I have no idea why Ubi is not advertising the hell out of something like this. Certainly gets my interest more than co-op.

Guess they got those female animations done after all.

Perhaps this is part of the Abstergo side of the narrative/game. As earlier mentioned, AC4's events is branded as 'Devil's of the Caribbean' by Abstergo Entertainment. Maybe you collect this segments of gameplay as part of the present day narrative?

That would be a great way to get people more invested into the modern day segments. Personally, I really enjoyed them, even AC4's; that reveal, man...

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Ya, no, the company will hunt you down and fine you if they see you breaking NDA. I know which company you are referring to, and they had this issue last game and it screwed things up for everyone.
I know that feeling.

duckroll

I'm actually super interested in this even though I've skipped all the AC games after Brotherhood. At the same time though, it feels a lot like a sort of fake that simply hints at what lots of people really want, rather than what the game is. I guess we'll find out soon enough?

Top Bottom