• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins's Creed PS4 is now 1080p with AA.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
I'm not even sure why people complain... it increases visuals with a day 1 patch. Personally I am impressed the games are not more rushed... its a system launch, we have seen much much worst!

MBison

My comment got last on previous page so hoping someone can address:

I have this for ps4. I have only played AC and AC 2, not brotherhood or revelations or 3. Will I miss anything playing 4? Are there still connections? I was kinda under the impression they reset up shit after 3... I dunno. Lemme know thanks!

slapnuts

What the hell is up with these half finished games. Damn it this is a crazy ass launch.

It's a launch game dude. Why do so many people bust out their measuring sticks on these launch games? It just baffles me and i am not directing this comment to Jayy..i am just saying that too many people are putting final judgement on these next gen consoles based off launch games lol..that's hilarious. This update just proves that these consoles, at least PS4, is very capable of native 1080p/60fps once developers begin to understand the new hardware. As time goes on i expect more and more games to have this as a standard...Developers are clearly still getting use to the new tech...exciting times ahead of us!

I have this for ps4. I have only played AC and AC 2, not brotherhood or revelations or 3. Will I miss anything playing 4? Are there still connections? I was kinda under the impression they reset up shit after 3... I dunno. Lemme know thanks!

You'll be fine.

shem935

Banned

All you need to know is that *MAJOR SPOILERS*
Desmond is dead at the end of AC3
and that assassins like freedom, templars like to control people.

Milennia

Updated earlier today and have been playing all day, game is gorgeous, didn't expect it to be tbh, was totally caught off guard at the water and weather effects.

Vire

This game is a delight. So pleasantly surprised.

After being so incredibly disapointed with AC3, this may be my favorite launch title.

chris121580

How long did it take you guys to download? This is taking forever and I have pretty fast speeds at my house. Is it playstation network that is slow?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Sony needs to do a better job of telling you when things are being downloaded. I'm so used to shitass PS3 that I didn't even realize PS4 downloaded it while my system was off.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Wow... I didn't think the difference between 900 and 1080 would be that big. The game looks amazing now. I guess we also did get an improved AA filter on top of it.

So many jaggies are gone now. Looking at the ship's rigging is so clean. And no frame drops either.

One of the most impressive games on the system by far.

I am a Ps+ member but mine didn't download until I got home and woke up my system from standby. I don't know why, I'm fairly certain I have the options for that stuff checked in the settings menu.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I am a Ps+ member but mine didn't download until I got home and woke up my system from standby. I don't know why, I'm fairly certain I have the options for that stuff checked in the settings menu.

Mine didn't start until out of standby either. Earlier at work I initiated Blacklight, and it was installed and ready when I turned the system on.

I hope this is a bug...

Or maybe the system only checks for updates once a day when in standby?

As someone who thought the first assassins creed was terribly boring considering every mission was based on the climbing gimmick and was the EXACT same over and over....

And who hasn't played AC since that...

Any ideas on how blown away I would be playing this game?

Rhindle

I have to say the game looks amazing.

Booting it up post-update and seeing that pixel-perfect clarity was my first true "next gen moment" on PS4, something I did NOT get from KZSF or any of the other launch games.

VanWinkle

There could be a downloading icon in the menu bar at the top of the screen a la android to tell you something is downloading.

Hmm I don't know. I mean, I don't really want an persistent icon on there while downloading, which is something I frequently do. Plus, whenever you download a new game or demo, the icon shows up on the content bar with a progress indicator. I think they did pretty well with downloads, besides that fact you can't prioritize or pause downloads.

I guess patches could use some kind of indicator, though, or SOMETHING to more easily let you know it's downloading one. Not sure yet since we haven't really spent much time with the systems at this point.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Huge difference. I wasn't far in when I took a break to wait for the patch so I started over. The Abstergo intro was seriously jaggy before. Now, not so much.
Hopefully nbnt took before screenshots so we can do real comparisons.

I'm not even sure why people complain... it increases visuals with a day 1 patch. Personally I am impressed the games are not more rushed... its a system launch, we have seen much much worst!

Because it wasn't day one.

Booting it up post-update and seeing that pixel-perfect clarity was my first true "next gen moment" on PS4, something I did NOT get from KZSF or any of the other launch games.

What?
Killzone is 1080p with good IQ, and looks a hell of a lot more next-gen than this to boot.
You haven't played it, clearly.

Yoday

Awesome news! I was hoping this patch was going to hit sooner than later, glad to see that it only took a few days. I had been waiting on really getting into ACIV until after I put more time into my other games, and I'm glad I did. I jumped into the game this morning and put in a few hours, so it will be awesome to see the difference this makes. The game already looked good, but it was also pretty clear that it wasn't running at full 1080p.

Has there been anything on what resolution the Xbox One version is running at? They mention the game getting the AA update on the XB1, but nothing about resolution.

Darknight

Anyone have screen caps or videos of the PS4 version before and after the patch? I may end up getting this game but I havent played the previous ones so I may be lost.

Curufinwe

Awesome news! I was hoping this patch was going to hit sooner than later, glad to see that it only took a few days. I had been waiting on really getting into ACIV until after I put more time into my other games, and I'm glad I did. I jumped into the game this morning and put in a few hours, so it will be awesome to see the difference this makes. The game already looked good, but it was also pretty clear that it wasn't running at full 1080p.

Has there been anything on what resolution the Xbox One version is running at? They mention the game getting the AA update on the XB1, but nothing about resolution.

Ubisoft aren't saying and reviews are either embargoed or they just didn't send out any Xbone review copies.

Fusebox

Banned

The Vekta flyover in Killzone gave me next-fen feels way more than anything in the 30 minutes or so I've played of ACIV so far.

SRTtoZ

AC4 is one of my favorite games of the year so far and BF4 is an infuriating pile of shitballs. Your call.

I ran to GameStop and returned it for AC4. Can't pass up 1080p, plus like you said BF4 seems to be a bug ridden mess, all versions. I just hope I like it considering I loved AC2 and expansions but hated AC3.

kaskade

The update is downloading. I'm going to play for a few without it now and then see if I notice an immediate difference when I restart.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The update is downloading. I'm going to play for a few without it now and then see if I notice an immediate difference when I restart.

The update is small and autoapplies so that's probably not possible.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Anyone have screen caps or videos of the PS4 version before and after the patch? I may end up getting this game but I havent played the previous ones so I may be lost.

Would love to see this as the CoD:Ghosts patch looked to make everything nice and sharp. Anyone?

Top Bottom