• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa: Early Access |OT|

p3tran

Banned
You mother effers are gonna make me drop another $40 on a game I'll probably only play drunk.

you have time to drink some until you download
and get a case of booze or something cause you are going to be playing for a while..
z4_by_mrpetros-d6tnrm5.gif

You didn't try the settings I posted?

I didn't even think of diving into an ini, but I'm sure that could be tweaked a LOT to get it right. From tinkering, it felt like the engine *could* handle perfectly with a controller, but the options weren't there to tweak it even further (if that makes sense).

I did. Loved it! Way better. I brought the gamma down to 2.1 and that suited me a little better, but yeah, A+. I found that running with 40% stability control made it feel pretty similar to a console game. Without it, it feels like you're playing a PC sim with a controller. Mileage may vary, but with the 458 @ Imola, I thought it was pretty dang good. Buy it with no wheel good? Welllll... I'm not sure I'd go quite that far. Close however.

Been posted? New trailer:

http://youtu.be/GdeM3JluDYA

Thanks mate works like a charm, if you now no a way to fix my replay problem. ;) While in session I can get them to work, but if I want to watch them, after I saved them, from the main menu, game always hangs.

Good. I can tell myself now that you cut through the armco at the hairpin at Vallelunga to beat my time. :p

I haven't seen anything about that, but I'll keep on the lookout.

its in the OP

Balls!

oh boy! please, make this sell well! the possibilities...
BT, are you feeling me? or is it my idea? you 've clocked some hours too. what do you think?

No time to write an essay, but it feels the most like driving a car of any sim I've played. Hands down. Some cars at least. Not all.

Now, does that make it better than other sims? You'd think of course, got to be right? I'm not 100% sure of that however. It trades away a little bit of involvement for realism. rF2 or iRacing feel downright hairy by comparison, but you know what? I kinda like hairy! It may be more real, but I'm not super-duper convinced it's more fun. That's splitting hairs to a degree though. AC is very, very fun indeed. Mega impressed.

Btw, nice drifto! Loving the gifs.

I can't save replays at all, any idea why? It's just doing nothing when I click "save replay".

Is it comfortably playable with a 360 controller?

It's working fine for me but obviously a wheel would be much better. The rumble is a bit of overkill but gives a decent feeling for the car. I might need to mess around with the deadzone a bit, you can customize everything.

Still, having a lot of fun just with the controller.

p3tran

Banned
I can't save replays at all, any idea why? It's just doing nothing when I click "save replay".

It's working fine for me but obviously a wheel would be much better. The rumble is a bit of overkill but gives a decent feeling for the car. I might need to mess around with the deadzone a bit, you can customize everything.

replays:
just above the replay menu at the bottom, there should be a filename. you click on that, change it/not, then press enter.

controller:
I also played with the 360 controller at first. because it was good with the controller, i realized i'm gonna have to make a mess of the house again... :)

Got my G27 fixed just in time I see.
;D
good! lets see if you ..gfx hoes know anything about speed... :ppPpp

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there any word on when the final release will be? I could pick this up now for about $19 but I'd rather wait until after the Winter Sale.

TJP

Is there any word on when the final release will be? I could pick this up now for about $19 but I'd rather wait until after the Winter Sale.
Kunos have only just released version 0.1.1 as of today so it could be quite some time into 2014 before version 1.0 is released.

If you aren't keen on testing and driving alpha/beta versions, hold off buying until the AC is further into development.

Shaneus

Well, well after the winter sale. To wit, the intro screen says the game is copyright 2010-2015. So probably not until well into the new year. And it doesn't strike me as the sort of title that will go on sale frequently (if at all).

JaseC

Kunos have only just released version 0.1.1 as of today so it could be quite some time into 2014 before version 1.0 is released.

If you aren't keen on testing and driving alpha/beta versions, hold off buying until the AC is further into development.
Well, well after the winter sale. To wit, the intro screen says the game is copyright 2010-2015. So probably not until well into the new year. And it doesn't strike me as the sort of title that will go on sale frequently (if at all).

Cheers, I'll hold off then.

disap.ed

k8vOwpb.png

No idea if that's right or not, but the name fits the game :)

Yeah, that's it. Everything sounds great in italian :)

Can confirm this, especially the rumble bit :) What also sucks is that you can't use the start button for the menu and neither confirm to resume to the game without mouse/keyboard. So definitely work to do in the controller department.

Shaneus

Cheers, I'll hold off then.
The early access price is also ~20% cheaper than what it'll be when it's fully released. So you'll have to wait not only for it to come out, but until a sale when it's *more* than 20% off (and given this is Kunos' first tile on Steam, we don't know what they're like at discounting things). Just FYI :)

JaseC

The early access price is also ~20% cheaper than what it'll be when it's fully released. So you'll have to wait not only for it to come out, but until a sale when it's *more* than 20% off (and given this is Kunos' first tile on Steam, we don't know what they're like at discounting things). Just FYI :)

Oh, I intend to pick it up sooner rather than later given all the licences involved. Better safe than sorry! I just wanted to know if the Early Access period would continue into early 2014 as I have other fish to fry. If the game gets a small discount come the Winter Sale, though, I'll definitely snap it up then.

Sethos

Banned

Thanks man. Does it work out of the box and is the tweaking minor? Because I remember someone saying back when the rFactor 2 Alpha thing started that 360 controllers were supported but it was straight up unplayable.

Thanks man. Does it work out of the box and is the tweaking minor? Because I remember someone saying back when the rFactor 2 Alpha thing started that 360 controllers were supported but it was straight up unplayable.

It is working fine without any tweaking. I couldn't get decent laps at first but after a bit of practice if feels good. As said above by another poster as well, only the rumble is a bit too strong. It seems they are really trying to emulate the force feedback of a wheel... I will maybe start messing around with the settings a bit later today.

Also for screenshotting purposes I recommend playing with the different time of day settings, especially the evening lighting is amazing. I can see where the Gran Turismo comparisons are coming from.

Vehicle paints are already avaliable ;)

Fuckyes!

Sethos

Banned
It is working fine without any tweaking. I couldn't get decent laps at first but after a bit of practice if feels good. As said above by another poster as well, only the rumble is a bit too strong. It seems they are really trying to emulate the force feedback of a wheel... I will maybe start messing around with the settings a bit later today.

Also for screenshotting purposes I recommend playing with the different time of day settings, especially the evening lighting is amazing. I can see where the Gran Turismo comparisons are coming from.

Thanks again, I might pick it up then =)

Sethos

Banned
Get a wheel anyway :p sell your ROG board that's sitting in the basement to fund it if you have to!

Already have a wheel and a playseat. I just don't enjoy moving that lumbering piece of shit around any longer and I play for an hour, then I have to pack it all away again.

I'll just use the 360 controller.

Disappointed that this game seems like an aliasing fest unless you supersample the crap out of it which, considering the performance, seems impossible at the time :/

Shall we get a first hotlap challenge going to celebrate the pre-release? ;)

Yezzzz! Pick something, and let's run it. Whatever you'd like.

I'm not saying choose this, but last night I discovered crack cocaine... otherwise known as KTM+ Magione. One more lap, one more lap, OK I mean it last one, one more, next one's it, got to end on a fasty, too slow one more.

So good. So very good.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Holy shit what are you racing whores (fellow whores) doing to me? Where the f did this come from?

Jesus Christ

I didn't even know guys. I didnt know

p3tran

Banned
Yezzzz! Pick something, and let's run it. Whatever you'd like.

I'm not saying choose this, but last night I discovered crack cocaine... otherwise known as KTM+ Magione. One more lap, one more lap, OK I mean it last one, one more, next one's it, got to end on a fasty, too slow one more.

So good. So very good.

as I havent even tried ktm on magione, I say YES!

polyphony & dudes, you agree?

p.s.
Sethos, you may want to give Durante a call or something.. :D
but anyway, this being open to the community, it fares good for improvements of all kinds

jimforspeed

Neo Member
We also gotta say that the developers' response to the feedback is unbelievable. They' ve been correcting bugs and responding to issues full-time for the whole weekend.

kafiend

as I havent even tried ktm on magione, I say YES!

polyphony & dudes, you agree?

p.s.
Sethos, you may want to give Durante a call or something.. :D
but anyway, this being open to the community, it fares good for improvements of all kinds

I'll play, I love being beaten :) I was only thinking the other day that I missed the pCars hot laps that we used to have. I barely play it anymore.

p3tran

Banned
We also gotta say that the developers' response to the feedback is unbelievable. They' ve been correcting bugs and responding to issues full-time for the whole weekend.

yes, rather amazing!
the important thing though (from experience in other businesses) is for them to manage things and not just work until they burn out.

a man is still not a machine, no matter what he thinks...

ps.
BT, jumbo, and everybody:
lets get this xbow - magione thing rolling 8)

READY
GET SET
FUCKIN' GO!! you biatches :D

edit:
HOLY FUCK!! IT IS LIKE CRACK INDEED!!!
hadnt played magione before, mainly fucked around silverstone with the bmw's...
fantastic detail the freshly coated driving line tarmac, and makes a difference in grip too!
big takeover, bingo!!

p3tran

Banned
Just as a very quick preliminary time, 1.20.660, a good bit to come still of course!
:D
wat?! no way! :D I just burned a 30lt tank and am 2 seconds behind that! :D
(ok, many of those were drifting but ) what settings do you use? must be something wrong with mine :D

Top Bottom