• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa: Early Access |OT|

Seanspeed

Banned
Bought this game 3-4 days ago and I am in love with it,
At first I was really disappointed by the lack of content but what is there is amazing. Now I have 45 hours played and I think 40 hours from this is only from Nurburgring tourist with one or two cars. It is so fun to drive here.
I would love to see Le Mans and some prototypes though. It would be amazing.
The Nordschleife in this game is the most brilliant, alive track I've ever experienced in any racing sim ever. The brilliant FFB and suspension design and everything obviously make a big difference too, but it really stands apart even from other tracks and not just because of the layout or because its the Nordschleife. It truly has the best track surface modelling I've ever come across.

Zeth

Update is live. http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=244210

Changelog 1.2
- Balanced interior and exterior volume for all cars
- Updated Fmod example project
- Updated Fmod pipeline document
- Fixed some rare FMod crashes
- Fixed bodywork sound when stand still for some cars
- Fixed typos for career descriptions
- Fixed Ferrari 458 and Giulia GTA sound pan
- Fixed flags position for triple screens users
- Fixed replay doesn't show smoke
- Fixed sun visible through barriers
- Fixed flying crew at Mugello
- Fixed delay before gear shift recognised
- Fixed keyboard controller and mouse steering
- Fixed rare pit stop repair bug when clutch is pressed
- Fixed wrong player is selected in the drivers list
- Fixed showroom crashes with Motion Blur enabled
- Fixed tyre blankets weird behaviour
- Fixed front wheels size on Lotus Evora
- Fixed Pagani Huayra broken mirror
- Fixed missing BMW M3 Gt2 rear tow
- Fixed cars already damaged starting a gameplay session at Ring
- Fixed BMW M3 e92 red patch on headlights
- Fixed P4/5 Competizione static calipers
- Fixed 599xx Evo weird LOD effect
- Fixed blurred rims missing from LOD C on some cars
- Fixed fuel calculator on Setup UI
- Fixed 500 Abarth skin issues
- Fixed pit crew panels in Chevy C7r and Nissan GT-R GT3.
- Fixed some broken Steam achievements
- BMW 1M has stock liveries; the previous ones are assigned to the S3 version
- Added FOV system message when using +/- to change the value ingame
- Added visual indication for suggested eyes position and actual eye position for Driver Eyes Positioning app
- Added "Auto Pos" button in Driver Eyes Positioning app to automatically move the eyes position to the suggested value
- Added Exposure system message when PGUP/PGDOWN are used to change the value ingame
- Improved AI. AI cars can and will overtake slower cars, lose their stability easier, can oversteer occasionally.
- Tyres now have a short name that is visualized on the classification, so that players can know which tyres the AI is
using.
TYRES SHORT NAMES
SV= Street Vintage
ST= Street
SM= Semislicks
SS= Slicks SuperSoft
S= Slicks Soft
M= Slicks Medium
H= Slicks Hard
SH= Slicks SuperHard
HR= Hypercar Road
I= Intermediate
V= Vintage
- Fixed tyre - kerb hard collisions
- Adjusted realigning forces from tyres.
- Active differentials
- New Alfa Romeo Mito Quadrifoglio Verde
- New Audi Sport Quattro
- New Lamborghini Miura SV
- New Nissan GT-R Nismo
- New Toyota GT-86
- New Zandvoort circuit
- New interior soundset for 500 Abarth (shared with Alfa MiTo and Tatuus FA01)
- Added dynamic controllers to drivetrain (Nissan GT-R Nismo)
- Added FF low speed reduction factor to avoid oscillations when the car is stationary. (check
system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini [LOW_SPEED_FF]]
- Multiplayer - Added checksum checks for tracks using the new config system
- Multiplayer - Removed "Track List" feature from AC Server
- Multiplayer - Added "IS_OPEN" key to "[RACE]" to lock new players from joining a race. 0=CLOSED, only players
coming from the previous sessions are allowed in. 1=OPEN, players can join during a race. 2=OPEN DURING WAIT
TIME, players are allowed to join during the wait time only
- Multiplayer - Fixed collision not triggering correct samples
- Multiplayer - Added weather settings to the server side
- Multiplayer - Fixed tyres glued to the road for cars without animated suspensions
- Multiplayer - Added possibility to limit tyre choice
- Multiplayer - Added Server Plugin Auth system to AC Server for customized user authentication.
AUTH_PLUGIN_ADDRESS in server_cfg.ini
- Multiplayer - Added Server UDP Plugin for realtime data input/output from AC Server (check example C# application
and UDP_PLUGIN_ADDRESS in server_cfg.ini)
- Multiplayer - It is now possible to complete last lap during Qualify & Practice
- Multiplayer - Fixed /client_list not showing local car ID
- Multiplayer - Added first ballast implementation (use /ballast [carid] [kg] in the chat as admin or entry list)
- Multiplayer - At the end of a race now the system goes "Race Control" view with leaderboard and chat
- Multiplayer - Exit button in ESC menu is now at safe distance from the others
- Multiplayer - Added option to force virtual mirror ON from AC Server
- Multiplayer - Added acServerManager into server folder.
- Added realtime "relative" time app
- Added glowing brakes graphics effect. [DISCS_GRAPHICS] in brakes.ini
- DRS can now be turned off with the DRS button and not only by braking
- AI grip on corner exit is now more realistic
- Improved loading time ~1s faster per car
- Game timing is now using high resolution timer unless a drift is detected and the timer is switched to 1ms resolution.
This improves FPS CAPS and general fluidity
- Tyres and rims now stay blurred when replay is paused
- Auto shifter has now its own dedicated section in drivetrain.ini [AUTO_SHIFTER] and does not share it with AI any more
- Air density calculation is now using temperature as input
- Proximity indicator now scales with resolution
- AI now properly brakes in time to hit 80Kmh in the pitlane
- Fixed discs object not properly switched with LODS
- Better driver gearshift preload on first gear
- Fixed strong tyre vibration around 40 kmh
- Added EBB (electronic brake balance) support
- Removed user FF damper settings from GUI and setups. FF damping is only used for stationary cars (hard steering
wheel feel) and it is controlled by wheel drivers
- Removed limits from Driver Eyes Positioning app
- Kers is now recharged in pits
- AI is not using "Trail Hint" anymore

Sean nooo
facepalm.gif

NoPiece

Zandvoort! I love that track and spent hours on it with Grand Prix Legends. Can't wait to take the Lotus 49 around for a few laps! This game just keeps getting better and better.

NoPiece

Can anyone recommend some tweaks that might improve the shimmering tree shadows? I especially notice it at the Nurburgring and Monza, where there are a lot of trees casting shadows across the track. Everything else looks really smooth and beautiful, but the tree shadows are really distracting. I've cranked up most settings, but no luck:

16x Anisotropic Filtering
4x AA Samples
Max World detail
Ultra Shadow Resolution

Enabled post process effects
High overall effect quality
HIgh glare quality
Normal depth of field quality
off Motion Blur
checked Crepuscular rays
unchecked heat shimmering effects
checked Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing

TJP

Just bought the PX mod from URD and it's as great as the rF2 version.

I agree with Big Takeover in that AC feels a lot like rF2 now - which is a huge compliment.

TJP

Changelog from today:

- Fixed acd files reading wrong values creating problems with 4WD (possibly other cars)
- Corrected Nissan GT-R Nismo fuel tank capacity
- Corrected Nissan GT-R Nismo auto clutch assist engadgement
- Corrected Nissan GT-R Nismo weight figure on Interface spech data description (does not affect physics)
- Corrected Nissan GT-R Nismo skins' names.
- Added skin template for Audi Sport quattro
- Improved Audi Sport quattro skins
- Fixed Alfa Giulietta argento skin
- Fixed BMW Z4 red skin
- Corrected low fuel consumption for Lamborghini Miura, adjusted for the rest of the bonus pack cars
- Corrected Audi Sport quattro S1 turbo pressure dial
- Added DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL in assetto_corsa.ini to allow for some residual FF damping once the car is moving (default is 0)
- Small tweak to relaxation length variation vs tyre load
- Corrected Abarth 500 and S1 semislicks tyre heating and small corrections in alignment and bumpstops
- Fixed ghost car
- Corrected Alfa Romeo 155 DTM setup antiroll bar missing, plus some minor adjustments in suspension geometry and differentials
- Added ksBrakeDisc shader to allow modders to implement glowing brakes
- Removed log messages for Python function "getTexture" because some python app dev thought: "Hey, what a nice function! I will call it every frame instead of caching the result" resulting in >60mb logs and stuttering and 10 years less in the life expectance of the AC support guys

Patrick S.

Banned
Does anyone have a useful tutorial on how to create fast_lane.ai files for AV? I've got a few tracks like Bathurst on which I'd like to race the AI, but, well, there is none :)

I enabled the AI editor app, but all I seem to be able to create is pitlane.ai, the recording buttons confuse the heck out of me.

And what is the option to make the AI cars not scramble to the (virtual) line I drove, but stay on their side of the track when the lights go green? I'd really like to play around with this recording app, but I can't really find any info on how to do it right.

Patrick S.

Banned
Thanks, I have found the thread. The I editor/recorder is kind of incomplete, I recorded a smooth line on Bathurst, avoiding any difficult lines through corners, driving in the center of the track all the time, and when I start a race with AI cars, half of them immediately turn 90 degrees into the pitlane wall and stay stopped there for a while, and the other cars actually manage to drive a good race around the track. I'm wondering if I can record several laps into one file, as to give the AI more data, or if there is some editor where I can kind of visually drag and edit the AI racing line. But also it seems that there are errors the people who build the mod tracks can make that will impede the AI from working properly even if you've recorded a good line. So I'd like to dig deeper into that, and possibly into editing tracks that may have errors, but I'm still looking for resources on that.

Patrick S.

Banned
Update 1.2.3 is out.

Added MAX_BALLAST_KG to server_cfg.ini (defaults to 100Kg if the value is not there)
4WD cars now behave better at very low speed
New ABS code won't allow individual wheel braking and improves stability and directionality
Fixed clutch remaining unlocked at high speeds in some occasions generating engine "stutters"
Fixed tyre blankets not working in HotLap and other oddities
Nissan GT-R new central active diff logic
Corrected camber sensitivity values for all tyres
Corrected brake balance for some cars that had heavy oversteering problems under braking
Various memory optimizations to allow more cars to be used
Fixed FPS cap to allow precise FPS selection. Please reset your values form the launcher
Fixed Alfa Romeo 155 autoclutch range for 1st gear starts
Tweaked tyres skid pitch, especially for race cars with slicks
acServerManager: added "Create Manager Package" to use this tool on remote machines
acServerManager: some performance improvements
acServerManager: added "External Server" to run multiple servers on the same PC
acServerManager: weather settings are no longer limited to 3

UDP PLUGIN CHANGES:

Added ACSP_VERSION both as command and as incoming message
ACSP_NEW_SESSION has now a brother ACPS_SESSION_INFO and new format
New ACSP_CHAT message
New ACSP_CLIENT_LOADED message
New ACSP_GET_SESSION_INFO command
New ACSP_SET_SESSION_INFO command
New ACSP_ERROR message
New ACSP_KICK_USER command

Patrick S.

Banned
I like driving the Audi 90 IMSA GTO in Assetto Corsa, but it comes with a six speed gearbox, and I prefer the five speed box in pCARS. So I whipped together a config for the Assetto Corsa car to give it five gears, with ratios quite similar to those in pCars.

Get it here.

These are the changes I made:

[GEARS]
COUNT=5 ; forward gears number
GEAR_R=-2.867 ; rear gear ratio
; forward gears

ratios. must be equal to number of gears defined on count
GEAR_1=3.152
GEAR_2=2.352
GEAR_3=1.755
GEAR_4=1.354
GEAR_5=0.90
FINAL=3.31 ; final gear ratio

Patrick S.

Banned
If you want to play around with the car editor, it's here. Get the script files from posts one and two, and the editor itself from the link at post five.

Momentary

Banned
It really breaks my heart that I let this game sit in my Library for so long because of initially finding the UI to be clunky and not knowing how to properly set up my controller to play.

It also hurts to see that this game isn't getting the notoriety it deserves. After sinking in 49 hours into this over the last 2 weeks, I really want to see these guys get more sales to help develop the game further. Hopefully the console release helps give it that boost it deserves.

I think their new UI will definitely help bring in more people on the PC side as well. Hopefully it will become a million seller. The bad thing is that people are going to be comparing aesthetics of the game instead of the actual drive-ability. Hopeuflly consumers are smart enough to understand where this game is supposed to shine.

I feel like if these guys get enough funding, they could probably offer features that exceed what PCARS offers in their game. We'll see.

On another note, has Kunos implemented mods into their car list due to modders making quality products? I hate modding games like this because I don't feel that modders have the resources to create physics based on the actual cars they are designing. Reason why I'm asking is because the Lamborghini Miura was a mod and now it's in the game. I'm guessing maybe they bought the guy's work and implemented their own physics to it.

I'd wager AC is the best selling PC sim of all time. It's been more successful than they'd ever imagine it would be. However, it'll have to drop to 10 bucks before it ever sees anything like a million sold. Console sales are what's really going to boost it's notoriety.

Yeah they've included cars, and even a track that were developed by modders.

First party stuff is almost always the best for the reason you mention, but at the end of the day it's still a game, and games are about fun. There are some great modded cars out there that are a ton of fun to drive, and whatever inaccuracies they may have, you'll likely quickly dismiss as irrelevant. First party teams swing and miss all the time. It's not like their data makes them infallible.

There are also truck loads of crappy mods too in various states of development, and I personally don't bother with those. I stick to the finished, or at least very mature stuff.

Momentary

Banned
I'd wager AC is the best selling PC sim of all time. It's been more successful than they'd ever imagine it would be. However, it'll have to drop to 10 bucks before it ever sees anything like a million sold. Console sales are what's really going to boost it's notoriety.

Yeah they've included cars, and even a track that were developed by modders.

First party stuff is almost always the best for the reason you mention, but at the end of the day it's still a game, and games are about fun. There are some great modded cars out there that are a ton of fun to drive, and whatever inaccuracies they may have, you'll likely quickly dismiss as irrelevant. First party teams swing and miss all the time. It's not like their data makes them infallible.

There are also truck loads of crappy mods too in various states of development, and I personally don't bother with those. I stick to the finished, or at least very mature stuff.

When I say million seller I was taking into consideration the console release as well. I think the update with the better UI will help garner sales on the PC side of things as well. Maybe it can stay ahead of PCARS in sales.

As for the mods... I'm looking into what I can add to the game. I'm trying to research things, but everything I look at seems to be in beta or not finalized and I really don't want to have to deal with staying up to date on what mods I need to update throughout the life time of the game. Also, mods seem to become broken when a game updates and seeing as how Assetto Corsa is revamping everything for the console release, there's a pretty good chance that anything you added to the game will not function well or at all. Just seems like a hassle.

It also hurts to see that this game isn't getting the notoriety it deserves. After sinking in 49 hours into this over the last 2 weeks, I really want to see these guys get more sales to help develop the game further.
As BT mentions, it's probably the best selling PC sim racer of all time. A survey from last year showed something like 95% ownership amongst the sim community, with second place being around 60%, but I forget which title. Kunos are certainly not lacking in cash. In fact, I'd wager the market saturation with AC is why it's not being developed as speedily as we'd all hope. They've made their sales already and don't need to win anybody over... Which is probably why they're now focusing on consoles, as it's the easiest way for them to achieve growth.

TJP

Some mods are way better than others that's for certain. The devs can choose to create a car that others use as a template - of note is URD did the Corvette model for Kunos and use the physics Kunos supplied as the basis for their EGT mod.

I don't doubt many of the f1 mods are based on the Lotus F1 cars...might be slightly more difficult to use the Ferrari cars if they are incripted.

FWIW, ISI release cars for others to base their mods off too.

Momentary

Banned
Well Natsuki is working on the Honda HSV-010 and I need that car in my life. I bought GRID Autosport last night just because I found out that car was in the game... Man I disappointed myself thoroughly. What the hell was I thinking. The damn thing just has a generic race car sound to it.

Well here's the Natsuki version for Assetto Corsa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMEkvUVWVOs

I wouldn't mind donating a couple bucks his way if he started a patreon or something.

When I say million seller I was taking into consideration the console release as well. I think the update with the better UI will help garner sales on the PC side of things as well. Maybe it can stay ahead of PCARS in sales.

As for the mods... I'm looking into what I can add to the game. I'm trying to research things, but everything I look at seems to be in beta or not finalized and I really don't want to have to deal with staying up to date on what mods I need to update throughout the life time of the game. Also, mods seem to become broken when a game updates and seeing as how Assetto Corsa is revamping everything for the console release, there's a pretty good chance that anything you added to the game will not function well or at all. Just seems like a hassle.

Yeah, it's the unfortunate side of mods, but the upside is free cars that are sometimes indistinguishable from first party. Stuff that Kunos may, or may not be able to even get the license for. Get an account at Race Department which will give updates on when cars and tracks change, and stick to the cream of the crop.

Momentary

Banned
Yeah, it's the unfortunate side of mods, but the upside is free cars that are sometimes indistinguishable from first party. Stuff that Kunos may, or may not be able to even get the license for. Get an account at Race Department which will give updates on when cars and tracks change, and stick to the cream of the crop.

Damn... just downloaded 7 mods now because of you. Everything I've gotten so far works except for Donington. For some reason it just goes back to the menu instead completing the loading process.

TJP

Damn... just downloaded 7 mods now because of you. Everything I've gotten so far works except for Donington. For some reason it just goes back to the menu instead completing the loading process.
The scatch built Donington is a work of art so I hope you can get it to work.

The URD paid for mods are also very good and we'll worth the money or wait until they go on sale.

Momentary

Banned
The scatch built Donington is a work of art so I hope you can get it to work.

The URD paid for mods are also very good and we'll worth the money or wait until they go on sale.

URD mods look fantastic. Almost bought their pack with I saw the Viper. But it's the GTS-R and not the GT3-R... So my wallet is safe.

Edit: Wallet wasn't safe.

46E95D16E82EF2FF6C13DC4C5DC6DC4C8C9AB94D

TJP

Anyone looking for the DTM skin pack for the URD T5 mod (as seen on the rF2 forums for the rF2 version) can find it here: http://unitedsimracing.net/projects

The read me is in German, here is the tranlated version:

Feature List:
Complete Skins (car / window) At the moment, only the BMW Season 2013
Adjusted steering wheel texture
Hankook Tire
Fixes the BUG Kossisions from T5 Mod "only in our Skin Pack"

Changelog:
Fixed a bug in the batch file. Copying should now work at all. Thanks to Pete67 from Asseto Corsa Forum.

Zeth

Try double checking your resolution setting just in case. Been having some weird issues where it reverts to a non native res and fails to load. Has to do with nvidia DSR factors I believe.

Momentary

Banned
Try double checking your resolution setting just in case. Been having some weird issues where it reverts to a non native res and fails to load. Has to do with nvidia DSR factors I believe.

My issue was that I was trying to use Donington in a time trial and it's not set up for that. The track is working fine now.

Zeth

Man, I'm having such a blast driving the Honda Integra Type-R DC 2 at Grobnik. They even nailed the engine sound, including the V-TEC. Incredible. If you haven't tried the car or the track, do yourself a favour and shiajustdoit.gif

Holy shit at the rabbit hole I just went down from that YouTube/facebook page lol. I'll definitely check out the Integra and any others if I hear good impressions -but wow I had no idea there were so many mods floating around like that. There are like 20 cars posted in the last month. Looks like quantity over quality though - I don't think many of them are "legit".

Patrick S.

Banned
Holy shit at the rabbit hole I just went down from that YouTube/facebook page lol. I'll definitely check out the Integra and any others if I hear good impressions -but wow I had no idea there were so many mods floating around like that. There are like 20 cars posted in the last month. Looks like quantity over quality though - I don't think many of them are "legit".

Most cars work quite nicely, an annoyance some cars have that irks me but isn't really important is that the cockpit and/or exterior lights don't work - purely cosmetical because there are no night races, but still it's something I care about. Check the cars on this site, they are lovely. Especially the Lancias and the De Tomaso Pantera.

P.S. I don't ask if the cars are legit, just if they are fun :p

Dave_6

It's not the same one. And not everybody uploads their stuff to RD, why does a mod automatically have to be distrusted if it's not there?

Didn't say it was mistrusted. Me personally, I just don't like clicking download links from certain sites as I've had issues before. That's all.

Patrick S.

Banned
Didn't say it was mistrusted. Me personally, I just don't like clicking download links from certain sites as I've had issues before. That's all.

That's certainly understandable, of course. I personally didn't have any problems after a mod downloading frenzy I had the other day, and my antivirus software is set to "paranoid" :)

Dave_6

That's certainly understandable, of course. I personally didn't have any problems after a mod downloading frenzy I had the other day, and my antivirus software is set to "paranoid" :)

I forgot exactly what it was, but I was trying to DL something from a Mega link and it turned into a mess. Set my anti virus off and everything.

Momentary

Banned
Is IER another super good modding group? Seems like their mods are taking forever to get released. They've got a Viper GT3-R in the oven and I want to get my mitts on that. They look like they are going to put out a package like URD and it's looking great!

Another mod that is looking fantastic is Natsuki's HSV 010. He's even got the displays in the car working
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPIriDcoRmw

Something that URD doesn't do.

I kinda of hope he charges for the Mod. He looks like he needs help updating to a stronger rig. I'd throw a few bucks his way since he's a one man team it seems. Plus, this car is like my dream race car. Wish I knew how to get my hands on one in real life.

TJP

One can follow the IER here: https://www.facebook.com/IERModGroup and here: http://acusccmod.weebly.com/the-cars.html

The problem with all mods are the accuracy of the physics and the vehicle models. One aspect I liked about the URD is they have made car models for a variety of companies, including Kunos. I like to think with URD's connections to professional development teams, any areas they aren't sure about with regards to physics they can seek help with.

I'm guessing modding teams reference other sims or mods, technical specs, real world lap times and YouTube to get their own stuff to work as closely to reality as possible.

Edit: this is a mod we all need:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bySy2-NkigQ
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cf2a48vvio7zojj/granny_magnet_V0.05.rar

Top Bottom