• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus × Vanillaware New Project Teaser - To be revealed in September

FluxWaveZ

At least they announced it as Atlus x Vanillaware instead of like SMT x Dragon's Crown, which will later on turn out to be a J-pop beat 'em up where you beat your enemies with the power of song, love and boobs.

Apt, though I feel that craziness was more on Nintendo.

Atlus turn based RPG with Vanillaware spritework pls

A 2D Vanillaware brawler featuring an Atlus IP would be my preference, if it was going to be a straight up developer collaboration like Atlus have done before.

Shin-Ra

It could be a real winner this year. Gravity Rush 2, Level 5's PS4 game and Persona 5 alone would make for a more than worthwhile show.
Don't do this to me Acqui.

19829594326_313e7fed74_o.jpg

Well, it's all coming out today huh?

I did wonder what Vanillaware had been up to for the last year and a half. Guess we know now

Judging by recent platforms, I'm guessing this is at least Vita and probably PS4/PS3 too. Looking forward to what they're going to do with a sci-fi setting.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OMG Sci-Fi done by VanillaWare? I cannot wait to see this, especially since this'll be a nice break from doing stuff set in older time periods (Dragon's Crown beng fantasy, Muramasa being feudal Japan, etc.). It'll be a nice change of pace, even if I liked their games like Odin Sphere (yay for that remaster) & Muramasa.

Kazer

Atlus + VanillaWare + scifi = yus plz.

I was only expecting the Odin Sphere HD announcement today so this was a nice surprise.

FluxWaveZ

How is it on Nintendo when Atlus are the main developers of that game and Int Sys are only tangentially involved?

Because Nintendo were the ones that announced the game in a desperation Nintendo Direct, when clearly it was not ready to be announced? Not to mention Nintendo is the game's publisher, which matters the most in terms of how it was announced instead of the developer?

Because Nintendo were the ones that announced the game in a desperation Nintendo Direct, when clearly it was not ready to be announced?
Oh, thought you meant it's Nintendo's fault that the game is the way it is, not that people misunderstood what it would be. Also, it's entirely possible that Atlus pressed them into announcing it at that point, and it was likely going to come out earlier at that point but then Atlus got into all that craziness with being sold that slowed down a lot of their works (Just look at what happened with Break Record)

Takao

Banned
With all of their recent games being on Vita, I hope this one will also be :)

Vanillaware's last four projects have been on a Sony handheld. Three have been big successes for them, with the fourth pending release. Unless they're doing something insane technically, I'd say Vita is pretty much a lock.

FluxWaveZ

Oh, thought you meant it's Nintendo's fault that the game is the way it is, not that people misunderstood what it would be. Also, it's entirely possible that Atlus pressed them into announcing it at that point, and it was likely going to come out earlier at that point but then Atlus got into all that craziness with being sold that slowed down a lot of their works (Just look at what happened with Break Record)

Atlus would have no reason to pressure Nintendo into announcing the game early, that is straight up nonsense. Plus, interviews going over #FE's origins would indicate that is absolutely not the case.

They just had their biggest success ever with Atlus, so it's no surprise that they're sticking with them. And Atlus doesn't treat Europe like crap, they don't have a publishing arm there so there isn't a whole lot that they can do.

They treat Europe like crap by not having a publishing arm there.

NISA will save us.

NISA will save us like they did with Dragon's Crown, I hope.

Let's hope so.

No, they're doing an Odin Sphere HD remake AND a new game to be announced this September.

Could you please link me to wherever this was said? Not that I'm doubting, I'm just excited to hear this.

edit: nevermind, googled it, I can't read either apparently

how embarrassing

At least they announced it as Atlus x Vanillaware instead of like SMT x Dragon's Crown, which will later on turn out to be a J-pop beat 'em up where you beat your enemies with the power of song, love and boobs.

I want to play that :D

But vanillaware doing sci-fi game is super interesting

Jomjom

Banned
OMG NEW ATLUS x VANILLAWARE GAME FOR PS4?!?!?!?!?!?! I AM HYPED TO THE MAX!

Also please localize Odin Sphere remaster!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Why is everyone speculating that this is gonna be sci-fi anyway? This reveal announced literally no detail (it's pretty much an announcement of an announcement). The Kamitani New Year artwork has no precedent in ever indicating something about a new game, so that can't be that.

I wouldn't mind sci-fi, but I'm just baffled as to why everyone thinks that. Is it the "tech" looking font and circuit-looking logo in the video?

Hubb

Why is everyone speculating that this is gonna be sci-fi anyway? This reveal announced literally no detail (it's pretty much an announcement of an announcement). The Kamitani New Year artwork has no precedent in ever indicating something about a new game, so that can't be that.

I wouldn't mind sci-fi, but I'm just baffled as to why everyone thinks that. Is it the "tech" looking font and circuit-looking logo in the video?

Yes I don't think it is anything more than that, but I would be surprised to see some high fantasy game having that font.

ZoronMaro

Oh boy oh boy, it's been almost 2 years since we heard anything from vanillaware but I didn't think we'd get an announcement for 2 new games. (okay only one really, but I'll get at least 2 new vanillaware boxes for my shelf that's what matters) I'm so excited.

Also I know I'm being weird here, but we all know Vanillaware is a part of Atlus right? At least I'm almost positive they are. At the very least Atlus has published all their games, even Princess Crown back in the day. The way people keep saying "Atlus X Vanillaware OMG" feels odd like getting excited about "Sony X Guerilla games OMG".
hope I'm not wrong, that'd be embarrassing

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Oh boy oh boy, it's been almost 2 years since we heard anything from vanillaware but I didn't think we'd get an announcement for 2 new games. (okay only one really, but I'll get at least 2 new vanillaware boxes for my shelf that's what matters) I'm so excited.

Also I know I'm being weird here, but we all know Vanillaware is a part of Atlus right? At least I'm almost positive they are. At the very least Atlus has published all their games, even Princess Crown back in the day. The way people keep saying "Atlus X Vanillaware OMG" feels odd like getting excited about "Sony X Guerilla games OMG".

Vanillaware is former Atlus people but I don't think they are officially connected. Maybe I'm wrong.

My frothing demand increases

Dragon's Crown 2 would be great. but they keep improving with every game, so im sure what ever they make will be fine.

Vanillaware are completely independent. They've worked with Nippon Ichi, Atlus and Marvelous. They were working with Ignition for DC before they went under. It just seems they may have found a stable publishing partner with Atlus after the success of DC.

nightever

Obviously you are wrong, most Vanillaware games are published by other company including Sega, MMV and Nippon Inchi.

ZoronMaro

Vanillaware is former Atlus people but I don't think they are officially connected. Maybe I'm wrong.

Vanillaware are completely independent. They've worked with Nippon Ichi, Atlus and Marvelous. They were working with Ignition for DC before they went under. It just seems they may have found a stable publishing partner with Atlus after the success of DC.

Obviously you are wrong, most Vanillaware games are published by other company including Sega, MMV and Nippon Inchi.

Oh jeez, okay after a brief wikipedia check I have eaten my crow.

Actually Atlus only published 3 of their games (including princess crown which actually doesn't really count). Those games are my favorites though so everyone please go back to the all caps ATLUS X VANILLAWARE OMFG.

Top Bottom