• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus × Vanillaware New Project Teaser - To be revealed in September

Why is everyone speculating that this is gonna be sci-fi anyway? This reveal announced literally no detail (it's pretty much an announcement of an announcement). The Kamitani New Year artwork has no precedent in ever indicating something about a new game, so that can't be that.

I wouldn't mind sci-fi, but I'm just baffled as to why everyone thinks that. Is it the "tech" looking font and circuit-looking logo in the video?

That's literally it.

daevious

Why is everyone speculating that this is gonna be sci-fi anyway? This reveal announced literally no detail (it's pretty much an announcement of an announcement). The Kamitani New Year artwork has no precedent in ever indicating something about a new game, so that can't be that.

I wouldn't mind sci-fi, but I'm just baffled as to why everyone thinks that. Is it the "tech" looking font and circuit-looking logo in the video?

That's literally it.

And it's dumb because you could also infer that the game is cyber-punk through that same logic.

Nevertheless, excited as hell for this.

Sage00

Once And Future Member

Err.. because this is a teaser very very obviously created to imply that?

randomkid

Anyone post yet about this twitter sleuthing that's been going on?

CKZyoE9VEAAtzE7.jpg

https://twitter.com/fangbreaker/status/623311632089747457

Follow the conversation and you'll see that apparently Kamitani himself confirmed that "4 Topping Matcha" was the 4 DLCs for Muramasa.

"Orange Sauce" was said to be next and has gotta be the just revealed Odin Sphere.

Then '15 has "Low Fat 13KCol" which is maybe this new teaser?

And the next '15 is "Original Mocha" so maybe a PS4/PS3 Oboro Muramasa?

Then finally in '16, a "Raspberry Peach Grape" RPG.

Anyways, keep searching for clues GAF and SPECULATE INSANELY like I know you wanna.

poncle

Follow the conversation and you'll see that apparently Kamitani himself confirmed that "4 Topping Matcha" was the 4 DLCs for Muramasa.

"Orange Sauce" was said to be next and has gotta be the just revealed Odin Sphere.

Anyways, keep searching for clues GAF and SPECULATE INSANELY like I know you wanna.

Wow, so according to the guy the prices actually refer to the year when work on each project starts.

RPG is the most exciting one, didn't get enough Grand Knight History in the west. Wonder what's that "VANILLA BOYa" for.

CKZyoE9VEAAtzE7.jpg

Wow, this is making sense. Vanillaware really expanding! DC was a breakout hit for them and I'm glad it gave them more confidence.

CKZyoE9VEAAtzE7.jpg

If we believe the years theory, how come "orange sauce/2014" is OD?

Given that the upcoming game(s) are part of a collaboration with Atlus, remakes/remasters are limited to Princess Crown, Odin Sphere, and Dragon's Crown. We can check Odin off the list, so if there's anything other than a new IP coming soon, it would have to be from one of the two games. I'm going to guess that "Original Mocha" refers to a Princess Crown remake since that was Kamitani's first, or original, game.

raven777

Apparently the title leaked from Sega's TGS page source (seems removed now)

TItle is 十三機兵防衛圏 (Thirteen aircraft soldiers defense sphere when I google translage)

This was the image of this from 2013 new year image by Vanillaware

b943b294.jpg

Top Bottom