• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus announces "Persona Special Stage" for TGS 2015

chiimisu

Yeah. I'd like a new version of P3 with all the best stuff from FES and P3P combined in to one package.

Also, just saying, it should be called Persona 3 Velvet. I mean, 4 had a largely yellow colour scheme, hence why the remake was "golden". By similar logic, persona 3 had blues/purples as the colour scheme, and those are always heavily used in the velvet room in game, so...

Much better than platinum or silver or whatever at any rate :p

As long as it exists, I don't really care about the name :D Persona 3 Velvet has a nice ring to it, yeah.

Bet it will be delayed; either way, I'm excited to see some new gameplay footage. We've been feeding off scraps ever since it was announced.

ys45

Why? Because they confirmed a million times now for 2015.

Maybe that's because we saw zero screenshots in English so far or maybe that's because jrpg don't usually release simultaneously both in English and Japanese .

But hey, I might be wrong and I hope I am .

I'm so excited for the return of

UWCpi2G.jpg

We're still fucking doing this whole "it won't come in 2015" thing?

Guys, they've confirmed it for 2015 a million times, including for the US, and including within the last two weeks or so. It's coming out in 2015.

Jb

At least we know TGS won't be a complete disappointment now that P5 is confirmed to have a decent presence :)

I expect a Persona 5 release date to be announced for Japan, fall this year. It's not coming out in the west until 2016, no matter how many times Atlus say otherwise. They be pipe dreamin'.

fertygo

Guys, they've confirmed it for 2015 a million times, including for the US, and including within the last two weeks or so. It's coming out in 2015.

confirmation lol

its only confirmed if we have release date, we don't.

Until the game gets officially delayed they're going to say 2015, because that's the company's current position. Do you really think they're going to announce a 2015 date in the middle of September with how little we've seen of it? We've never seen English footage, don't know any of the voice actors, basically only had the one trailer.

There's zero chance it's coming this year. If you accept this now you'll be less disappointed. Personally my prediction is February in Japan, July in NA.

Until the game gets officially delayed they're going to say 2015, because that's the company's current position. Do you really think they're going to announce a 2015 date in the middle of September with how little we've seen of it? We've never seen English footage, don't know any of the voice actors, basically only had the one trailer.

There's zero chance it's coming this year. If you accept this now you'll be less disappointed. Personally my prediction is February in Japan, July in NA.

Yes, I really think they're going to announce a 2015 release date in September. They keep confirming it is coming this year, when they could just not say anything. Trailers and English footage don't even matter with Atlus. They often play things close to their chest.

Late October in Japan, Second week of December in the US.

DNAbro

Y'all need to join the personaGAF avatar bet. Whether it's coming 2015 or later in U.S.

Team #BelieveinHardin
Team #HardinLied

Setsu00

We do know one of the voice actors, Jun Fukuyama for the protagonist. We also had two trailers as well as one rather substantial teaser.

Persona 5 will come this year.

Mendrox

Pls. Persona Q and SMT4 released very fast (SAN also) so it wouldn't Surprise me if they localized it simultaneously. It's Atlus and not the first time that they do this shit.

I'm a bit concerned there still isn't any word about EU release/publisher.

I remember when Sega bought Atlus and some poor eurosods had a glimmer of hope. Good times.

Why does that matter for a release this year? As I said before Atlus has a history of focusing on marketing one game at a time, and right now it's the dancing spinoff game, which still hasn't been released in the West, and DLC just wrapped up in Japan.

Just look at Fallout 4,the game was announced when it was basically 95% complete. No images, trailers, etc until recently and the game comes out this year. Why can't a similar situation be true for P5?

Yes, I really think they're going to announce a 2015 release date in September. They keep confirming it is coming this year, when they could just not say anything. Trailers and English footage don't even matter with Atlus. They often play things close to their chest.

Late October in Japan, Second week of December in the US.

Because people keep asking them and they're towing the company line. Why are people so quick to believe them? It's as though publishers have never delayed a game before.

Why does that matter for a release this year? As I said before Atlus has a history of focusing on marketing one game at a time, and right now it's the dancing spinoff game, which still hasn't been released in the West, and DLC just wrapped up in Japan.

Just look at Fallout 4,the game was announced when it was basically 95% complete. No images, trailers, etc until recently and the game comes out this year. Why can't a similar situation be true for P5?

Now it's because they're busy marketing the Vita game? That's reaching really far.

Fallout 4 was blown out at E3, not two months before an alleged release date at a Japanese event.

Actually P4D is a good example. That game was at E3, and they've been marketing it for MONTHS. Slowly releasing trailers and voice actor info, bringing it to major events, pre-orders and limited editions up a long time ago etc. And people think they're going to randomly drop Persona 5 with none of that build up?

Top Bottom