• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus announces "Persona Special Stage" for TGS 2015

Bousf

There is no such thing as "Europe".
This was both hilarious and painful because I live in Europe lol

I think it can go either way, but I've always been a dreamer, so I will join Team #BelieveInHardin, with Europe getting the game during Q1 2016.

A fully worldwide release would up Atlus to God status, but I don't think it'll happen, I can only dream so much xD

Setsu00

There is no such thing as "Europe".

It's even more ridiculous when you realize that P5 borrows from French literature and heraldry like Arsène Lupin and the fleur de lis. Who knows? Maybe some miracle happens and the game does indeed come out reasonably quick in Europe.

YEEEEEES!

Was kinda hoping the release date would be announced on the 15th at Sony's thing, but that was just me speculating we'd get the release date then. This basically confirms we will get the release date, so YEEEESSSS! Calendar marking time!!

Now it's because they're busy marketing the Vita game? That's reaching really far.

Fallout 4 was blown out at E3, not two months before an alleged release date at a Japanese event.

Actually P4D is a good example. That game was at E3, and they've been marketing it for MONTHS. Slowly releasing trailers and voice actor info, bringing it to major events, pre-orders and limited editions up a long time ago etc. And people think they're going to randomly drop Persona 5 with none of that build up?

Eh, Persona 4 was first announced in a magazine 4 months before release, and its release date was disclosed 3 months before release. Atlus's marketing practice is somewhat inconsistent.

Reversed

I'm so excited for the return of

UWCpi2G.jpg

That countdown though.

Philippo

I wonder if they'll do a short teaser+release date at Sony's conference and then a proper blowout at their event, or if they'll keep everything for their stage.

Galang

Banned
Crossing my fingers for Persona 3 Platinum. Will be nice to finally get a date for P5.

I would go nuts for an ultimate version of Persona 3. Include the female protagonist + everything from FES/P3P and It'll be perfect!

HMD

So i'm assuming Atlus usually announces western release dates in Japan? unless you guys wanna import.

Bousf

I wonder if they'll do a short teaser+release date at Sony's conference and then a proper blowout at their event, or if they'll keep everything for their stage.
This is what I was thinking, it would be great!!

I also wonder if the Persona event will be streamed, do we have word on that?

Setsu00

They mentioned a livestream during TGS in the last PSC episode. It's possible that they meant this, but it's not clear yet.

kewlmyc

I want a giant thread of crow when this releases this year.

Most people will just be playing the game instead. It's not like there's anyone that doesn't want this game to release this year. It's just hard to believe that a game that doesn't have a release day yet anywhere and isn't up for preorder in the US will release in the next 4 months.

I trust Hardin, as I don't think he would be constantly saying 2015 if it wasn't set in stone, but I don't think the people being doubtful are irrational either.

FluxWaveZ

I think everything that occurs at the Makuhari Messe Exhibition Hall 1 Event Stage will be streamed, so that includes this event.

Does anyone have a video of the last concert? Kind of want to relive the live music to hype myself up for the next one.

Technically, the last concert happened today at the Osaka Persona Livehouse Tour 2015 performance, with Yumi Kawamura, Shihoko Hirata, Lotus Juice and DJ WAKA. You're probably talking about PSL 2015, though.

Technically, the last concert happened today at the Osaka Persona Livehouse Tour 2015 performance, with Yumi Kawamura, Shihoko Hirata, Lotus Juice and DJ WAKA. You're probably talking about PSL 2015, though.
Oh wow. Didn't hear about the tour. Hope it happens next year when I'm in Japan.

But yeah, that's what I was talking about.

I'll never understand the state of mind where a publisher says something and people automatically assume they're lying without any kind of rationale.
In P5's case, it's even more ridiculous because they've repeatedly stated it would release in 2015.

Of course it could still shift, real life happens to projects, but I have no reason to believe Atlus PR had some kind of weird sinister scheme the last time they stated 2015. Them being truthful is incredibly more probable.

Lunar15

I'll never understand the state of mind where a publisher says something and people automatically assume they're lying without any kind of rationale.
In P5's case, it's even more ridiculous because they've repeatedly stated it would release in 2015.

Of course it could still shift, real life happens to projects, but I have no reason to believe Atlus PR had some kind of weird sinister scheme the last time they stated 2015. Them being truthful is incredibly more probable.

I believe them, but you have to admit that we're playing a pretty intense game of release date chicken here.

I know. What possible motivation would Atlus have to deliberately lie about 2015 over and over and over again when, if they knew P5 was coming later, it would be easier and safer to say nothing?

Steel

Banned

People aren't assuming they're lying. They're assuming they're wrong.

Nyoro SF

December 29th release in US.

December 31st at 11:59PM the game will unlock on PSN :)

I'm naturally joking but I think something similar happened with another company. ASW promised they were going to patch GGXAC on consoles to +R "by the end of the year" and then made the announcement on Dec. 31st that it was going to be delayed, lol

People aren't assuming they're lying. They're assuming they're wrong.
Which is incredibly conceited in itself, except if they have any kind of insider info. AFAIK, this isn't the case.

I believe them, but you have to admit that we're playing a pretty intense game of release date chicken here.
Definitely but it doesn't sound too far fetched to imagine that the Japanese branch have their own plans, which include revealing the release date pretty shortly before the release and not allowing western branches or partners to communicate before the domestic branch does.

I admit I'd find a lack of a release date now a worrying signal, but people were already doing that back in the spring, which was ridiculous.

Top Bottom