• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus CEO teases unannounced titles

koutoru

I honestly can't see them not taking advantage of using the assets from the Persona 5 demons to make new SMT games on consoles.
Whenever Atlus develops a brand new engine and assets, you can be sure that they will use if for multiple games.

True Fire

Just a thought, What platform do you think Atlus would release the next SMT on?

Do you think they could make a spin-off on PS4 and make SMT 5 on the next Nintendo platform or PS4 as well?

On topic though I hope this means a new Catherine game, or at the very least Atlus bringing their titles to PS4 through the PS2. Would be a great way to spend time until Persona 5 comes out.

Can already imagine Persona 3-4 with trophies and maybe Nocturne or Rule of Rose? if they own that title.

What it could potentially mean is a (hopefully) updated port of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax with all DLC for current Gen (PS4/maybe X1?)

ATLUS usually goes for the most popular platform at the time. That's why they went from PS2 to DS to 3DS. They also LOVE to reuse assets, which is a good sign for PS4 because of all of those beautiful HD demon assets used in Persona 5.

I'm guessing that SMT V will be for PS3 and PS4. It'll be cell shaded with minimal production values, and it will be very anime to capitalize on Persona 5's worldwide success. It will have less demons than 4F and a worse story, but it will be the most successful game in the series.

FluxWaveZ

ATLUS usually goes for the most popular platform at the time. That's why they went from PS2 to DS to 3DS. They also LOVE to reuse assets, which is a good sign for PS4 because of all of those beautiful HD demon assets used in Persona 5.

I'm guessing that SMT V will be for PS3 and PS4. It'll be cell shaded with minimal production values, and it will be very anime to capitalize on Persona 5's worldwide success. It will have less demons than 4F and a worse story, but it will be the most successful game in the series.

But one of their most successful games in the modern era is a PlayStation Vita exclusive. I suppose you might be strictly talking about SMT here, though.

I also think you're wrong about the potential direction SMT could take, especially in the wake of their immediate experience with Genei Ibun Roku #FE's reception. SMT IV was the best selling SMT game yet, and the series is becoming increasingly popular on its own merits and foundations; it doesn't need to mimic Persona, and that has a very real chance of alienating the existing fanbase instead.

Thats a whole lot of guessing.

Eolz

No chance SMTV is on PS3.
Bound to be an NX game (handheld or not) due to the mainline brand history and sales, and probably getting a PS4 port on top of that.
Not sure if serious for the rest of your post.

Anyway P5's assets could be easily reused on other platforms (just a ps3 game after all), but it's not always a good idea.

Top Bottom