• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus: "Fans will be happy" about Persona teaser site

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

There are multiple Persona 3 movies. =)

Sure, but it should be expected that this will be game related given the logo on the website.

I'd be fine with this even if it's just P4A2 related, but it's probably more than that.

In regards to which platform Persona 5 could be on, keep in mind Atlus are listed on the Sony 3rd Party Team which does imply something.

It implies Daylight.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Sure, but it should be expected that this will be game related given the logo on the website.

I'd be fine with this even if it's just P4A2 related, but it's probably more than that.

I'm just teasing. I've learned to never get hyped for Japanese announcements anymore.

nattoli.net_photo_standard_art_books_artists_shigenori_soejima_shigenori_soejima_art_works_2004_2010_7_5272_nat_preview-4f3eb85e.jpg

Soejima is one of the best things about the Persona series. Art style is so distinct and beautiful.

Soriku

Since Soejima did SMT4 it's only fair Kaneko does P5

I need my crazy eyes

Soejima didn't do SMT IV. Masayuki Doi did.

In regards to which platform Persona 5 could be on, keep in mind Atlus are listed on the Sony 3rd Party Team which does imply something.

P5 is going to be on a Sony platform no matter what. Sony platforms are where the Persona fanbase is.

PS3 at the very least is obviously the most logical/safest conclusion.

FluxWaveZ

I'm just teasing. I've learned to never get hyped for Japanese announcements anymore.

Yeah, I learned my lesson with the The World Ends With You tease fiasco, though with this I'm expecting it to be relatively significant because of the P-Team logo and Atlus' (good) history with teasers.

If this turns out to be some mobile game crap, I will give in to despair.

koutoru

I don't think Japanese Pesona fans want the fifth title on 3ds kinda like Tales fans prefer Playstation consoles. Persona games were always on Sony platforms.
So we could have a Tales of Vesperia situation were Microsoft moneyhats Sega into making Persona 5 an Xbox 360 exclusive?

lol

Amir0x

Banned
Man, if they say something like this and it's not Persona 5... so much anger

My birthday is Nov 24, so it's a gift to me Atlus! To me!

I am currently still playing the everloving shit out of Persona 4 Golden

7threst

P5 is going to be on a Sony platform no matter what. Sony platforms are where the Persona fanbase is.

PS3 at the very least is obviously the most logical/safest conclusion.

lol, there is no way you can say that. Persona isn't bound to Sony...

Amir0x

Banned

It's not BOUND to Sony, but he is right. It absolutely will be on a PlayStation platform. There is literally less than zero percent chance otherwise. Yes, you heard that right: there is a negative percent chance of it happening.

It does not mean it will be exclusive, though.

My opinion: If Persona 5 comes out, the chances that it will be on a given platform are:

47% 3DS exclusive
48% PS3 (ether exclusive or nonexclusive)
2% PS4 (either exclusive or nonexclusive)
1% Wii U exclusive (uh oh...)
1% XB1 exclusive (oh, GOD...)
1% mobile game (remind me where I put my Invoker?)

7threst

It's not BOUND to Sony, but he is right. It absolutely will be on a PlayStation platform. There is literally less than zero percent chance otherwise. Yes, you heard that right: there is a negative percent chance of it happening.

It does not mean it will be exclusive, though.

And how do you figure that? Did Atlus mention that Sony would be the platform of choice for the next Persona? I mean, I don't care about platforms, wherever Persona is, I go, since I love the Megaten-series, but I just don't get that some people have the idea that Persona is going to be released on a Sony console just because previous installments did...

Theres a 100% chance it will come out on a Sony platform. May not be exclusive but there will be a SKU on a Sony platform.

47% 3DS exclusive

90% PS3
50% 360
20% Vita
10% Next gen
5% 3DS
0% iOS

Amir0x

Banned
I want some of the more hardcore aspects to return, they sort of made Persona 4 too easy for my tastes. The series was never super tough, but it really was too easy in P4. They changed some things from P3 even, like the fatigue system. They made some of the social link stuff even simpler.

I hope they don't go that route again, even though I loved Persona 4.

7threst said:
And how do you figure that? Did Atlus mention that Sony would be the platform of choice for the next Persona? I mean, I don't care about platforms, wherever Persona is, I go, since I love the Megaten-series, but I just don't get that some people have the idea that Persona is going to be released on a Sony console just because previous installments did...

Persona has literally followed every Sony system you can think of. Even the shitty ones that didn't sell. There is no chance on Earth if you're even the tiniest bit of a rational thinker that Atlus is now suddenly going to take the main Persona series off the PlayStation. There isn't even an alternative platform that is doing so insanely well that they would want to switch camps. Even 3DS isn't blowing up any territories except maybe Japan (and even then much less than DS), and Persona sells in all territories OK.

It may not be exclusive (that may even be probable), but it will be on a PlayStation platform. Quote this post if you want and smile when it happens :)

47% 3DS exclusive
1% mobile game (remind me where I put my Invoker?)[/QUOTE]

mj-laughing.gif

Well, why is that chance 100%? Did Atlus say something like that or something?

Theres a 100% a mainline FF will have a Playstation SKU after FF7.

Basically the vast majority of the Persona fan base is on PS so Atlus won't not put the game on at least on of its systems as it would be throwing away money and disappointing many fans.

Rand6

My opinion: If Persona 5 comes out, the chances that it will be on a given platform are:

47% 3DS exclusive

100% PS3.
And then maybe Vita,PS4 or 3DS. But PS3 is a given I think.

Soriku

We should assume P5 is going to be a console game as the Persona team's last game is Catherine on PS3/360. Do you really think that the 360 or Wii U is going to be more suitable for sales of an RPG (especially one that has been and continues to be on Sony platforms, see: P4G, P4 Arena) than PS3? It may or may not be exclusive but at the very least it will be on a Sony platform.

SykoTech

If it's not on PS4, I will not be happy.

That would certainly be the best outcome. I was pleasantly surprised to see KHIII announced as a PS4 game instead of being on PS3. Hopefully the same happens with P5, but I suppose I'll be content if it ends up as a current gen game.

They can piss right off with any other kind of announcement though.

I really think 3DS has a decent chance, just because of how much the console has been selling in Japan. Plus, we know a Persona game was said to be in development all those years back... I don't know that game was necessarily Persona 5, but it means they probably have some sort of engine running already.

I think the chances of a PS4 version are really, really low. Remember that Persona 4 came out for the PS2 in 2008! That's three full years AFTER the PS3 launched.

Amir0x

Banned
That would certainly be the best outcome. I was pleasantly surprised to see KHIII announced as a PS4 game instead of being on PS3. Hopefully the same happens with P5, but I suppose I'll be content if it ends up as a current gen game.

They can piss right off with any other kind of announcement though.

why? Fuck that, if Persona 5 is on PS3 I'll still be into it.

Wowfunhappy said:
I don't know that game was necessarily Persona 5, but it means they probably have some sort of engine running already.

What do you think Catherine was partially about bro?

7threst

Persona has literally followed every Sony system you can think of. Even the shitty ones that didn't sell. There is no chance on Earth if you're even the tiniest bit of a rational thinker that Atlus is now suddenly going to take the main Persona series off the PlayStation. There isn't even an alternative platform that is doing so insanely well that they would want to switch camps. Even 3DS isn't blowing up any territories except maybe Japan (and even then much less than DS), and Persona sells in all territories OK.

It may not be exclusive (that may even be probable), but it will be on a PlayStation platform. Quote this post if you want and smile when it happens :)

Hehe, I don't want to come of as someone who wants it on a certain platform. Like I sais, I support every platform (even though I of course have preferences). But the certainty with which peoiple say it will come out on a Sony platform makes me think Atlus made a remark about Persona being a series that has its audience on Sony-consoles or something.

I mean, Final Fantasy XIII on Xbox 360 did happen. Persona on another console isn't that weird then imo.

I really think 3DS has a decent chance, just because of how much the console has been selling in Japan. Plus, we know a Persona game was said to be in development all those years back... I don't know that game was necessarily Persona 5, but it means they probably have some sort of engine running already.

I think the chances of a PS4 version are really, really low. Remember that Persona 4 came out for the PS2 in 2008! That's three full years AFTER the PS3 launched.

That was because they didn't have a engine to use and the games have a lower budget. Everything Hashino touches turns to gold at this point and if he really really really wanted P5 on PS4, they could do it. After Catherine they said they were building a engine form the ground up. They aren't going to go from Catherine to whatever the hell persona would be on 3DS. PS3 is the most logical choice but PS4 is more likely than 3DS. 3DS will never happen as long as Hashino is running things.

If it's on 3DS, it's either a port from current gen consoles or it's nothing. The radical switch to make it 3DS exclusive would be... Odd.

Amir0x

Banned
They've said many times they aren't going to reuse Catherine's engine.

REALLY? I missed that news. That would have looked ace for a Persona game. And it doesn't even make sense... they hardly developed much of anything on the PS3 and 360 platforms all last gen, at least anything that was particularly ambitious. So they made that for Catherine and that was it? Seems a waste.

But hey, now I can be surprised even more! But it will be on a PlayStation platform + whatever other platforms, guaranteed.

OniBarubary said:
What person is buying a PS4 or Xbone going "I CAN'T WAIT FOR ALL THE JRPGS ON THIS BABY?!"

This shit is going on PS3.

The person who expects this gen to phase out and knows jRPGs have to go somewhere - either on handhelds on one of the consoles?

FluxWaveZ

REALLY? I missed that news. That would have looked ace for a Persona game. And it doesn't even make sense... they hardly developed much of anything on the PS3 and 360 platforms all last gen, at least anything that was particularly ambitious. So they made that for Catherine and that was it? Seems a waste

"In a Famitsu interview on August 31, 2011 that gave some minor details on the game’s development. Hashino stated that preliminary development for “the next numbered title” was nearly complete and that, from there, the staff would begin the actual development process.

The most substantial point of the interview was that the Persona Team completed work on an internal engine that would streamline the development process for Persona 5, ditching the Gamebryo engine that was used for Catherine."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom