• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus: "Fans will be happy" about Persona teaser site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atlus said a while back after Catherine/SMTIV that their next game (AKA P5) was going to run on a custom engine made by them (no Gamebryo etc). That could mean a lot of things, but to me it means current gen consoles.

And if it's current gen consoles, I dunno if 3DS will be able to cut the mustard. I tried Racing Transformed on that. It hurt me deep
We're talking about a P3 port for some reason.
I thought it was P5 too when I jumped in.

Thoraxes

It better be Persona 5 or there's going to be a lot of this

loss-of-death-suicide-in-videogames-20100405003147729.jpg

Yeah, i'd like another P3 remake too, preferably with The Answer in it.

They could easily use the SMTIV engine for a 3DS port. Some minor tweaks to add 3D models for combat, remove 2/3rds of the demons, etc.

That would be waaaaaaaaayyyy more trouble than it's worth, why not just put P3 on Vita since Persona 3 on Vita is already "there". The engine/assets are already there unless they want to bump the textures again(which would require no effort) they essentially just have to slap the game on a cart at this point(a figure of speech but you get the idea).

Persona fans are certainly on the Vita, and Persona fans on the Vita itching to play a port of Persona 3 have been able to since the day they purchased the system
They can't play the answer, they can't explore Tatsumi port island in 3D. There is no "definite" version of P3 and a P3 Vita would be exactly that.
And I agree with you I'm done arguing about what platform this game is going to be on but the 3DS shit gets annoying because outside of the install base, it makes no sense(not to mention that game's platforms aren't decided off of install base alone) for the game to be on that platform. I just wish people would present a argument for a persona game on 3DS.

EDIT: IIRC sony also has tools for porting over PS2 games to their platforms, they probably used these for P4G and will use them again for P3.

Thoraxes

That would be waaaaaaaaayyyy more trouble than it's worth, why not just put P3 on Vita since Persona 3 on Vita is already "there". The engine/assets are already there unless they want to bump the textures again(which would require no effort) they essentially just have to slap the game on a cart at this point(a figure of speech but you get the idea).

You make it sound like doing either idea are both easy things to do in development, but the reality is that both ideas would still take a significant amount of work to create and optimize either version.

Soriku

Instead of another P3 port and Persona 5 on 3DS I'd rather they branched the series and made a new Persona subseries that's a little darker in tone and maybe more similar to P2.

You make it sound like doing either idea are both easy things to do in development, but the reality is that both ideas would still take a significant amount of work to create and optimize either version.

Could you go into more detail? The engine/assets are already there with P4G. Sony has tools made specifically for porting PS2 games over. What significant amount of work would be required to put P3 on Vita when the sequel of that game is already there?

Kazuma Kaneko needs to return, I dont like the art of P3 and 4(SMT4 eeeww) much.

You are absolutely insane, his art direction does not fit persona and he admitted this himself. Even when he doing persona thy had Soejima do all the in game art.

edit: and yes, SMT IV art is garbage

edit2: P3/P4 > P1/P2 art by a country mile

Thoraxes

Could you go into more detail? The engine/assets are already there with P4G. Sony has tools made specifically for porting PS2 games over. What significant amount of work would be required to put P3 on Vita when the sequel of that game is already there?

I would, buuuuuut I have work in 10 mins!

I'll try and remember to come back in 10 hours when I get back home.

Squire

Banned
You assume that Atlus won't add any thing substantial to P3 vita. Oh and P4G sold more than the persona games did on PSP(and the PS2 Persona 3 games) so 3DS owners being more likely to own a PSP is irrelevant and if they cared about remakes on PS3 they would have put P4G on PS3 and at least made it a multiplat release between the two but they didn't. The engine/assets are already on Vita not PS3 or 3DS, it would require little to no man power to put it on Vita and P4G sales prove that the fanbase is on Vita. There is no reason for it to be anywhere else. If we use your logic, Spike wouldn't have released dangan ronpa on Vita because they can already play them via PSP emulation. If use your logic, Namco wouldn't be releasing God Eater 2 on Vita because they can just download the PSP version. If we use your logic, Sony wouldn't have released Over my dead body on PSP because they can just play the PS1 version(the PS1 version sales on PSP was the reason they ported the game over in the first place). If a Persona 3 remake happens, Vita makes the most sense.

Nocturne is the only original SMT game on a playstation platform, all of the others were on Nintendo platforms. Hell, strange journey was supposed to be SMT IV and that was on DS. You also have to look at the budget of that game. 3DS was the perfect platform for it.

36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-bJkI.gif

yeah it's fucking P5

Of course.

No. I can guarantee you that the Persona director at Atlus Japan did not ever say that Atlus fans would be happy with RIPD.

Hahaha.

Andrefpvs

Kazuma Kaneko needs to return, I dont like the art of P3 and 4(SMT4 eeeww) much.

My goodness, no. Come on, Soejima gave us Chie, he's great.

Anyway, it's already confirmed to be Soejima, I believe. They did say something about him and Meguro being back.

By the way, if it's Persona 5, a whole new Shoji Meguro soundtrack is coming! I can't really express how excited I am for this.

Anyway, it's already confirmed to be Soejima, I believe. They did say something about him and Meguro being back.

By the way, if it's Persona 5, a whole new Shoji Meguro soundtrack is coming! I can't really express how excited I am for this.
What was the point of using Chie for your example? Should have used Yukiko or something.

boinx

For what it's worth, Verendus said that P5 would be on a Sony platform so there's that.

Personally, P5 on PS3 or preferably PS4 and P3 Platinum on Vita would be a dream come true.

You are absolutely insane, his art direction does not fit persona and he admitted this himself. Even when he doing persona thy had Soejima do all the in game art.

edit: and yes, SMT IV art is garbage

edit2: P3/P4 > P1/P2 art by a country mile

My god some crazy people in here, how can you not appreciate Kaneko's art?!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'd actually like to see the "Golden" treatment given to the first three Persona games (with the Persona 2 duology merged into one game).

7threst

Why would a Persona fan be happy about a Persona game on a 3DS? Persona has never been on any Nintendo platform and it will probably stay that way.

There is no reason Persona won't release on a Nintendo console. Persona (or any other Megami Tensei-title) isn't bound to Sony in what way whatsoever. I would go so far as to say that Persona 5 on 3DS would be a smart move for Atlus. It really fits the system.

Azor Ahai

Neo Member
In regards to which platform Persona 5 could be on, keep in mind Atlus are listed on the Sony 3rd Party Team which does imply something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom