• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus USA announces Persona 4 Arena, Summer 2012

Holy shit! The sprites are HD too!

PA:
scaled.php
BB:
tb000_02.png
KOF:
Vice.png
GG:
GG-Portrait-johnny.gif

God damn. HUGE sprites. Tons of characters. Multiple games. Decent animation. How does Arc do it?
bang-stance.gif

It took almost a year and a half to finish one sprite of KOF XII. And that's at less than half the resolution than Blazblue or Persona Arena.

I really want to get this being connected to Persona 4 (and most importantly 3) however I suck at fighting games...
As far as I can tell this horribly titled release should have a story mode, right? Any chance that this could be considered canon and connected to Persona 5 once it will finally be released?

$60 is maybe too expensive for me but I'm confident the price will drop someday, it's not like I don't have anything else to play in the meantime...

alstein

Holy shit! The sprites are HD too!

God damn. HUGE sprites. Tons of characters. Multiple games. Decent animation. How does Arc do it?

It took almost a year and a half to finish one sprite of KOF XII. And that's at less than half the resolution than Blazblue or Persona Arena.

KOF13 uses more frames per character, and has more moves then your typical Arc game.

3S is still the King in this area, though Skullgirls may take that throne when it comes out.

LegatoB

KOF13 uses more frames per character, and has more moves then your typical Arc game.

3S is still the King in this area, though Skullgirls may take that throne when it comes out.
I don't think there's a big a difference in animation frames/total moves between BB and KOF as you'd think. KOF has much more complicated shading than ArcSys's style, and much smoother edges. I think that makes a much larger impact on the time it takes either company to get spritework done.

zlatko

Banned
Those alt colors are really great fan service. I dig Yu's Ragna outfit and Naoto's Hazama ones the most.

Day 1 on this game.

Koroviev

This thread is killing me. Game looks incredible. I will use this excruciating interval to become proficient at BB.

Fat chance ._.

Icicle

This wiki has some information on the characters and their playstyles though they are very much under construction and not at all complete. http://guardcancel.com/wiki/index.php/P4U

I may or may not be responsible for the Chie section of that wiki ;D

Aw man, Chie's got a Yukari costume, so I'd be shocked if she showed up as a character. I was hoping Yukari and Junpei get revealed at some point (and that Mitsuru and Akihiko would have their P3 outfits as alternate costumes). Disappointing news for me today =/

vall03

sorry if old but just noticed after seeing this thread pop-up again, it feels weird that theres no SMT branding for this title.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Personally, I hoping that they have the sense to give Chie a Lisa Silverman alt.

It makes so much sense!

They should've just had Lisa included. She's the better Chie.

But they're both still annoying as all fuck.

Loving the alt costumes, but Seta being Minato doesn't make my want for Minato in this any less strong. >:|

Ultimadrago

And Aigis Justice?

Wallet!

*clapclap*

Give this Atlus person, money!

Overall, the alts looking very nice. All my mains will be Guilty Gear reppin', of course.

As for characters, I'm all good. They have all my bases covered.

LProtag

I'm thinking I'm going to main Yu or Yosuke, but I have no idea if any other characters will fit my playstyle any better.

Then again I've only really played SF and I don't think I'm good enough to say I have any sort of playstyle, haha.

Maybe I should put some hours in on BB?

Also I just realized this game doesn't have any DP inputs, all QCF and QCB it seems.

.... So there's a few scans out in the wild showing the new character.

Labrys is a robo schoolgirl carrying a giant axe. :)

I think she's going to be the 'Aigis' of P4. She's wearing the Yaso high school uniform.

According to the scans, Labrys is the student council president at Yasogami High School (which the Persona 4 characters go to). Not much else is known about her except she speaks Kansai-ben, and wants Kuma to put a stop to his Mayonaka Arena tournament.

Top Bottom