• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus USA kills rumors | no PC & Switch versions of Persona 5 & Yakuza 0

GrayFoxPL

Alright, I'll pass then. I don't play my PS4 enough.

kObCrQZ.gif

oti

Banned
I'll wait for a Switch version unless the game is a solid 10/10. Loved Persona 4 a definitely want to play Persona 5, but grinding through long dungeons on the tv doesn't sound really enticing to me. That's why I stopped playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions too.

This post makes no sense.

I like that no matter how you read it and try to follow its logic, it still doesn't make any sense. I bet the Ancient Greeks came up with this logic puzzle and we still can't solve it!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I'm sure Atlus/Sega JP are totally cool with losing out on the massive handheld sales the Persona series has enjoyed and I really don't think they'll try to recapture that in the mobile market, which leaves the Switch the only game in town. I don't think anyone expected P5 to emerge elsewhere anytime soon, but a year or so from now is a whole other story.

PC I would love, but given their history so far, at least Atlus, I'm more inclined to think that is a real definite no than a not right now sort of thing.

Servbot24

Banned
Here's a general guide that fans can follow to answer these sorts of questions:

Q: Will Game X appear on my console?

Check to see if your console was made by Nintendo. Next, check to see if Game X is developed by anyone other than Nintendo. If both of these are true:

A: No. Never. Stop.

Works 99.9% of the time!

I'll wait for a Switch version unless the game is a solid 10/10. Loved Persona 4 a definitely want to play Persona 5, but grinding through long dungeons on the tv doesn't sound really enticing to me. That's why I stopped playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions too.

I like that no matter how you read it and try to follow its logic, it still doesn't make any sense. I bet the Ancient Greeks came up with this logic puzzle and we still can't solve it!
How the hell do you find out without playing?

Ozium

FACT: every game that isn't an IP of a first party console manufacturer should be on PC.

disgusting move from Atlus/SEGA

Alright, I'll pass then. I don't play my PS4 enough.

Digital games are more expensive on PS4 and they don't drop fast enough for me as they do on PC. I don't like buying physical games too often plus I only had a passing interest in these anyway.

You had a passing interest in a game for the platform you own, but will not buy because it isn't available for the other platform you own, even though it was never even slightly indicated it would release on that other platform?

Is that accurate, or am I missing something crucial here?

atlusprime

Atlus PR
lmao that gif you guys keep harassing him or what lol

Since we announced it for the PS4, people have been holding out hope for a PC version, despite me repeatedly saying otherwise. Turns out, some people aren't easily accepting of the lack of a PC version.

jmga

He said exactly the same thing a few months ago, this is no news.

The news will be when any of those games gets an official announcement.

Galang

Banned
If the older Persona games came to steam I would actually pay full price for them again for like the millionth time.

mejin

Nice to have a confirmation so we don't have to sit here and speculate. I'll be picking up the PS3 version of P5 then. Honestly I like John's down-to-earth nature in these kinds of matter. Provides a nice transparency.

If I remember right It's not the first time Hardin tell us about this. But like last time, some people on GAF are really sarcastic and ill manered towards him "it's just the PR guy, lol".

He really don't need to adress this and I don't know why he wastes his time.

I think he's said this about Persona a few times.

But that really doesn't do anything for the people that don't believe him. I'd hate to be somebody in that position.

I waited long enough for Persona 5. Day one on PS4. No reason for me to wait.

Digital games are more expensive on PS4 and they don't drop fast enough for me as they do on PC. I don't like buying physical games too often plus I only had a passing interest in these anyway.

So basically you didn't really care about these games, but would've picked them up for $5 in a Steam sale. I'm sure Atlus is really doing some handwringing now over that loss.

The rest of us are happy to pay near-retail price for these games because they're worth the money, and in the case of Yakuza it needs the western support.

Dascu

Would be a shame since I would vastly prefer to play Persona 5 on Switch (as handheld) rather than on my PS4. So much more comfortable and practical to play a big JRPG of that nature on a handheld, during trainrides and what-not, as I just did with the wonderful Shin Megami Tensei 4 Apocalypse.

prudislav

No surprise this is Altus aka one of the last japanese mohycans completely ignoring Steam's renaissance of japanese games ....
Altus is gonna Altus :p

Xiao Hu

I don't understand Sega's/Atlus' business decision to not put this kind of game on platforms where this kind of game has an audience. To be frank, it sounds incredibly idiotic to me despite bein unaffected ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯

Hylian7

If I remember right It's not the first time Hardin tell us about this. But like last time, some people on GAF are really sarcastic and ill manered towards him "it's just the PR guy, lol".

He really don't need to adress this and I don't know why he wastes his time.

I agree.

It's like when SMT4 Apocalypse was announced (for English release) and people kept getting mad at him about European release, despite him explaining why Atlus USA had no control of it (they are pretty small) and all the other issues that went along with it.

Papacheeks

Banned
FACT: every game that isn't an IP of a first party console manufacturer should be on PC.

Right?

And games like Yakuza, and Persona 5 would automatically light the charts on fire? Especially since they are part of a series?

How many copies of Tales of Zestria, Dragon quest heroes have been sold on PC?

Games should be on the platforms that make sense for the creators from a financial and creative perspective.

No one platform is inherently owed a game.

Top Bottom