• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus x Vanillaware HD Project

Quixzlizx

Dragon's Crown is so good I just want more of it, but I'll sure I'll be excited no matter what they announce.

As long as it isn't a mobile-only port.

Pejo

Don't care what this is, what platform it's on, I will buy it day 1.

That said, I'd realllllly love a sequel to Dragon's Crown. If they could get the playable cast up to ~8, with all new areas/enemies, i'd be in heaven. That game was the most fun beat-em-up I've played since I was a kid.

The fact it's listed as an "HD" project tells me it's not mobile. I think "HD" is becoming a buzzword for traditional gaming. I remember EA used it at E3 as well.

I'd like to see Dragon's Crown 2 to fix some issues like not having something as basic as being able to pause the game and also would've been nice to have voice chat and the option to jump directly to a harder difficulty.

Ventara

Gameplay was good but for a 8 hour action game not for a bloody 40 hour RPG.

I couldn't even bother finishing Gwendolyn's chapter let alone the whole game.

Yep, I enjoyed Odin Sphere, I just didn't enjoy plaiyng it five (?) times.

Oh, come now, it wasn't THAT repetitive. The characters played pretty differently, and you faced some different bosses throughout the story. I will admit though they could've cut down the length or made it less repetitive, as even I felt it near the end. But, as I mentioned, I enjoyed it otherwise, and it ended on a positive note for me.

The fact it's listed as an "HD" project tells me it's not mobile. I think "HD" is becoming a buzzword for traditional gaming. I remember EA used it at E3 as well.

This is what I'm hoping as well, and that the "touch me" is referring to the Vita's touchscreen.

rhandino

Banned
This is totally going to be Odin Sphere HD...

Oh well, it's not like I buyed it in the last ATLUS sale or anything
T_T

Why do people think it's Odin's Sphere? Does the seedling have anything to do with that game? Or is it just the assumption based on the partnership and the HD tag?

Pejo

Why do people think it's Odin's Sphere? Does the seedling have anything to do with that game? Or is it just the assumption based on the partnership and the HD tag?

Aeana said the following on the first page:

The "touch me" box is in the same style as the dialog boxes from Odin Sphere.

big12.jpg

So that's about it. Maybe they're just using it because they own the font already. Who knows.

Ventara

The seedling is also very similar to the seeds in Odin Sphere.

Yeah seems to look like it's going to be definitely Odin Sphere related. Besides the "Touch Me!" text box, I would also say what's growing on the rock there definitely look like a Napple Seed from that game too:

jhTh7QL.png

Regardless if it's a sequel or a HD remaster, Day 1 for me. I loved Odin Sphere.

I hope it is a new game because I really have no desire to replay anything they have made.

Though Odin Sphere with stable framerate would make boss fights interesting. Has anyone played it on emulator? Can you up the clock speed to make the fights not slow down?

Shin

Banned
Oooh, looking forward to this love mah Vanillaware and Atlus games.
I should get off my lazy ass and buy Dragon's Crown already...snore.

Vanillaare already has my money , just tell me what the game is about
Yep. I would buy an HD collection day 1.

I hope it is a new game because I really have no desire to replay anything they have made.

Though Odin Sphere with stable framerate would make boss fights interesting. Has anyone played it on emulator? Can you up the clock speed to make the fights not slow down?
I have heard that if you play Odin Sphere on PS3 BC, there is no lag.

kewlmyc

Vanillaare already has my money , just tell me what the game is about

Watch Odin Sphere gameplay on Youtube and imagine it in 720 or 1080p. There's a 90% chance that's what this is unless the website is just using Odin Sphere assets as a bait and switch.

It's probably about playing something you already played before, but in HD.

I'm ok with this, i bought odin sphere Twice , the second was the PS2 classic , on PS3 and well it wasn't a perfect way to enjoy this game.

A proper odinsphere remaster is day 0 bought

I'll play Odin Sphere again. I liked it quite a lot.

Hopefully that would be testing for the possibility of a new Odin Sphere though =X

rhandino

Banned
Touch me can also refer to the Vita, you know. Muramasa Rebirth worked very well for them.
Was Muramasa Rebirth advertised as an HD project?

If this is the first entry of series of HD remasters they could be doing Odin Sphere, Muramasa and then Dragons Crown for PS4/XO/PC...
I hope

EDIT: Oh yeah I always forget GrimGrimoire too =P

kewlmyc

Was Muramasa Rebirth advertised as an HD project?

If this is the first entry of series of HD remasters they could be doing Odin Sphere, Muramasa and then Dragons Dogma for PS4/XO/PC...
I hope

EDIT: Oh yeah I always forget GrimGrimoire too =P

Atlus only owns Odin Sphere and Dragon's Crown in terms of Vanillaware properties. Also Princess Crown if you count it.

duckroll

Vanillaware and Atlus releasing a remaster of Capcom's Dragons Dogma on PS4/XO/PC is indeed a very interesting thought.

:p

maouvin

As long as they add new stuff for old players, I'm down with any HD remake.
Except maybe for Dragon's Crown... I don't really know what they could add there after ToM. A sequel (with new classes, stages and monsters) would be preferable.

And this thread just made me put DC back on the Vita.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Personally, I'd love to see a fresh new IP from Vanillaware, or at least an HD remix of GrimGrimoire (underrated game!).

Would not be very interested in Odin Sphere HD unless they radically change up some of the game systems and cut all the fat/repetition. And would be negatively interested in a mobile title, but that goes without saying ;)

Odin Sphere is a very, very repetitive game. If they're going to remake it, I hope they work on improving the content too. If it's just a remaster, that'll be very uninteresting.

Odin Sphere is a great game. I found it to be much deeper in gameplay than most people let on, but I do agree that it was far too long for what it was, sort of like ProjectXZone.

nampad

Well, Vita isn't HD but I hope the project will also be on Vita.
Dragon's Crown and Muramasa Rebirth should have done well enough.

Top Bottom