• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atomic Heart devs (mundfish) accused of being supported by Russian blood money - Twitter twits.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Damn, I'm enjoying a bottle of Nestle Pure Life water right now, guess I'm a bigot!
Lock the door! They’re coming for you!

fda.gif

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I don't personally care.

But dude in the OP appears to live in the Ukraine?

And people think he's being petty and they are just an overly sensitive zoomer?

Good lord GAF lol

Last edited:

Kilau

I don’t know anything about this game nor am I interested in it but I really hate the coy cock in mouth delivery of that “investigative” tweeter.

Screw everything.

coffinbirth

Eh, whatever. If they were clearly like...bad people, Pro-Putin or something, I'd have more of a problem with it, but they are Russian devs getting Russian money, probably impossible to do cleanly outside of crowdfunding.

That being said, it IS alarming that it seems like the last few years have seen more and more interest from these kinds of investors in the video game industry. I'm sure there will be a day when it comes full circle and we see Newgrounds-esque horrifyingly racist video games with actual budgets bankrolled by ISIS or some shit though. Their propaganda videos are already disturbingly "professional" looking. Video games seem like a logical way to try to indoctrinate youth. I'm sure these things already exist on a homebrew scale, but I'm not about to go digging around for them.

Jennings

Why the fuck is this in the gaming topic forum and not the off topic forum?

Can we NOT mimic that other ultra hyper sensitive Zoomer forum? Can we NOT politicize every fucking thing? Please?

On topic: can’t wait for the game.
Why must we politicize everything ?
To be fair, from the outside the game looks like a Soviet Propaganda tool in all but the sci-fi setting, and the dev's long-time silence about their stance on the Ukraine invasion only fueled the fire. Once the game is in players' hands they'll have actual context for all the Soviet imagery stuffed into the game, and it's possible the game will pull a Wolfenstein and it'll simply serve as a fascist back drop to the good guy killing the bads. But for now, the source of the game's funding and all of the thematic Soviet artwork everywhere in the game serves as nothing more than fuel for any fire someone wants to stoke, simply because nobody knows the context just yet.

But I'm sure everything will be cleared up as soon as the game is in people's hands, and if any Ukranian players give it the okay then everybody else can feel content playing it too. Until that time though, all we have are brief gameplay vids and an exasperated dev that chose not to acknowledge criticism until the 11th hour.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
To be fair, from the outside the game looks like a Soviet Propaganda tool in all but the sci-fi setting, and the dev's long-time silence about their stance on the Ukraine invasion only fueled the fire. Once the game is in players' hands they'll have actual context for all the Soviet imagery stuffed into the game, and it's possible the game will pull a Wolfenstein and it'll simply serve as a fascist back drop to the good guy killing the bads. But for now, the source of the game's funding and all of the thematic Soviet artwork everywhere in the game serves as nothing more than fuel for any fire someone wants to stoke, simply because nobody knows the context just yet.

But I'm sure everything will be cleared up as soon as the game is in people's hands, and if any Ukranian players give it the okay then everybody else can feel content playing it too. Until that time though, all we have are brief gameplay vids and an exasperated dev that chose not to acknowledge criticism until the 11th hour.
The game is clearly romanticizing ussr setting and that would be fine.... but not now lol

No profiteering enterprise is completely clean. The primary inquiry is how aware are they of their investors’ peccadillos and whether they have the liberty to cut loose.

FBeeEye

Banned
Of course the game is supported by fascist and genocidal Russia.

Dont be fools and take responsability for your actions if you still decide to buy it, as you will directly finance Russian army.

Politics does not magically disappear just because you do not want to think about it, time to grow up pals.
I play games supported by the corrupt and degenerate American government, so I don't have any moral grounds to not support Russian or Chinese developers.

SLoco

Neo Member
Dont people know everytime u buy something in Mcdonalds u are supporting genocide and slaughter of milions of cows per year?
Dont u ppl care about innocent cows and their feelings?
Day1

Last edited:

StormCell

What others have said. Unless you live in Russia and are being asked to comment, you literally don't know what their situation is like. Anyone who decides to protest over there is willing to risk life and family to do it. There are innocent people in Russia who have nothing to do with the war and who wouldn't lead Russia into this war if it were left up to them.

Some people will decide it's better to support the developers than punish them for the Russian government's activities, and some will use this as an opportunity to starve Russia of money and its ability to wage war. No idea if either decision is impactful in the big picture since sanctions are meant to do that job.

Rykan

Meanwhile Europe still imports millions of tons of gas from russia, one of their main source of revenue nonetheless, quite literally helping fund them.

But no, lets attack random indie dev.
These kind of whataboutisms don't work. You can't suddenly stop importing gas. The repercussions of suddenly and abruptly cutting yourself off from gas are not comparable to not purchasing a video game,.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
I don't know what's worse, supporting russia or buying into a random dumbass twitter account that composes tweets like a clown for likes.

We have no fucking idea what's going on here, don't pretend you do.

MiguelItUp

Twitter .....the joke tells itself.
100%

Majority of it is all on Twitter, some bleeds into TikTok, the world would be better without both. I just hate that people spout things and others just grab a pitchfork & torch and join them without questioning anything. Hell, sometimes without even knowing the real details. It's all such a mess.

Kokoloko85

Right Im not gonna fund any western games because the tax money will fund the bullets and bombs that kill people around the globe….

Rippa

There’s an Off Topic forum for a reason.

anthony2690

Banned
I feel sorry for the Devs, they are in a crappy situation.

I can imagine they know that Russia invading Ukraine is awful, but can't really say this, without risk.

& Obviously like others have mentioned, they have to pay taxes what sadly will help fund the war effort.

I hope their game turns out great though.

I'm personally looking forward too it.

FBeeEye

Banned
Ukraine is to Washington DC as Las Vegas was to the mob in the 1960s. It's not a secret. The only good guys in this war are the civilians who are suffering, I feel bad for them but I refuse to take sides in this war because there's blood on everyone's hands.

I'll support the STALKER devs and I'll support Atomic Heart. Videogames transcend politics. Everything's not a moral issue. The people that want you to believe it is, have an agenda and want to inject politics into everything.

Leave my games alone.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I feel sorry for the Devs, they are in a crappy situation.

I can imagine they know that Russia invading Ukraine is awful, but can't really say this, without risk.

& Obviously like others have mentioned, they have to pay taxes what sadly will help fund the war effort.

I hope their game turns out great though.

I'm personally looking forward too it.
This really is unfortunate.
And people were really big on the old ussr soviet aesthethic before russia crapped itself on ukraine.
Stuff like "bald and bankrupt" channel really helped to make russia look like fun place to travel and maybe look at old ussr stuff.
But not anymore.

I hate to break it to you. But I'm not waiting for some fucking bum in the Ukraine to tell me what game I can or can't play.

Top Bottom