• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan Season 2 Preview!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinite

Stop reading the manga because I was tired of the plot being made up as it went along. That said might watch the series for the animated action goodness.

I forgot everything about the anime other than the fact that titans were scary as fuck and that there was a guy 2cool4school that could kill any one of them.

Guess I will have to watch it again sometime.

RS4-

Anything to rid the taste of the worst movie I've seen this year: the attack on titan live trash.

Arizato

I saw this teaser back in July on a convention in Sweden. The con somehow managed to get both Attack On Titan movies to play at a cinema here with english subs along with a Q&A with Mikasa's japanese voice actress. Needles to say I am hyped for the next season.

Really people are already bashing the season and the manga with the announcement trailer? Lol new start to cynicism.

The manga is gearing up and I like learning more as to what the hell is going on. Such as the origins of the Titans and the elusive basement.

Articalys

I remembered hearing there would be a teaser at the end of the second recap movie, but why is it only showing up online now? The movie opened in theaters in late June; did nobody really take cam footage of it for three months?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Looking forward to some S2 moments.

Most of it will be pure, creamy shit, though.

Neoxon

Well, I'm ready for a nice slice of vengeance with Jaeger-Bombastic.

You guys think that we'll get a simulcast of this with the dub (kinda like how Space Dandy aired in English on Toonami slightly before its Japanese version)?

Would anyone mind spoilerbar elaborating on what you mean about AOT turning to shit in the manga? I don't mind spoilers. Just interested on what would make it take a nosedive. It seems to me it having more than two seasons would explain it...how long can a show like this go on?

todd360

Would anyone mind spoilerbar elaborating on what you mean about AOT turning to shit in the manga? I don't mind spoilers. Just interested on what would make it take a nosedive. It seems to me it having more than two seasons would explain it...how long can a show like this go on?

it kinda becomes humans vs humans for a long time. I still think it was OK. Most people just got pissed that we went so long without titan action.

yami4ct

It's an exacerbation of the same problems the series had early on. Instead of answering the questions readers/viewers want, the author continues to delay and ruin the pacing. You get long arcs were nothing interesting happens and more questions being asked while we're still waiting for answers promised long ago.

027426216006lg.jpg

Soft spoilers -
Any question worth asking not getting answered.
Mikasa having fuck all to do.
No tension, just invulnerable monster punching

On the positive side though, season two is going to feature
best girl finally stepping out from the background and wildly elevating three or four episodes

The animation is looking great! Hopefully the poor sods got a budget increase from the first season - they did well with what they had, really.

yami4ct

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully the anime can fix some of the pacing issues!

If the first season is any indication, they'll only make the pacing worse. For the sake of people watching it that's not the case, but I doubt it. There's also only so much you can do with the material you're given, especially if you're not going to break far from the source.

Narag

The animation is looking great! Hopefully the poor sods got a budget increase from the first season - they did well with what they had, really.

Given the amount of people that worked just to get the eps out the door, I'd imagine time was the issue and not money.

DarkKyo

I want to be hype. But the end of Season 1 really left a bad taste in my damn mouth

What?! The end of season 1 was soooo good. People give this series a hard time for having lulls but that's because they don't seem to care about character development or anything not having to do with titans. That's still no excuse not to like the end of season 1, though. It had tons of titan action and a pretty sweet fight after the Annie reveal.

jwk94

What?! The end of season 1 was soooo good. People give this series a hard time for having lulls but that's because they don't seem to care about character development or anything not having to do with titans. That's still no excuse not to like the end of season 1, though. It had tons of titan action and a pretty sweet fight after the Annie reveal.

This made me realize that AoT is The Walking Dead of anime.

Dinda

The manga has gone to shit, so the best we will ever get out of this series is sadly already behind us.

Arkeband

Banned
The manga was great for what I can assume will be 8-10 episodes (generously stretched), but the second half is going to be quite possibly the worst meandering shit you've ever seen.

kewlmyc

People's reactions to the 2nd half of Season 2 should be interesting

Well, I'm ready for a nice slice of vengeance with Jaeger-Bombastic.

You guys think that we'll get a simulcast of this with the dub (kinda like how Space Dandy aired in English on Toonami slightly before its Japanese version)?

Most likely not airing on Toonami, but we'll probably get a simulcast dub a few weeks after the episodes premiere in Japan on Funimation's streaming site. They do it recently for all of their popular shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom