• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attention to all DriveClub Fans

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
no why do you only want a single player story with limited replay

Because it can tell a much better and gratifying narrative and gameplay combo with the added bonus of not having annoying people in multiplayer with a mic ;).

Same reason I prefer watching a movie with friends over ad-libbing a story with a few mates.

ph33rknot

Banned
Because it can tell a much better and gratifying narrative and gameplay combo with the added bonus of not having annoying people in multiplayer with a mic ;).

Same reason I prefer watching a movie with friends over ad-libbing a story with a few mates.
you don't have to play with a mic on and even tho the story was shit in halo 5 I still play the multiplayer

CyberPanda

Banned
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019...tegy_is_making_the_publisher_a_laughing_stock

If our gaming future is to exist largely online, then I’m becoming increasingly sceptical of whether Sony deserves my money. The company has built the PlayStation Store into an unparalleled empire, but it’s about to gut popular racing game DriveClub and wipe it from its servers. If you already happen to own the Evolution Studios developed racer then you’ll still be able to access it, but all of its flagship features will be absent – and certain pieces of content will be cut, too.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
you don't have to play with a mic on and even tho the story was shit in halo 5 I still play the multiplayer

Good for you, first of all it is the others talking shit that I find annoying really, not having to have a mic or not. Not sure what te fact you find story shit but good multiplayer in Halo 5 related to my response, but point taken... if you play Halo 5 prepare for the worst I guess?

down 2 orth

Sony has always been tight with money, but I'm surprised to see them moving from ancient PS3 games to games that I jump back into from time to time. Good thing I'm bailing on Sony soon!! :D

ph33rknot

Banned
Good for you, first of all it is the others talking shit that I find annoying really, not having to have a mic or not. Not sure what te fact you find story shit but good multiplayer in Halo 5 related to my response, but point taken... if you play Halo 5 prepare for the worst I guess?
you can mute everyone with a single push of a button

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
you can mute everyone with a single push of a button

I am still playing with grade A a-holes if I need to do that. Prefer single player games... when the right occasion presents itself I will play online too (had quite a bit of fun with EQ: OA, FFXI, FFXIV although the settings of XI is still far superior for me...).

ph33rknot

Banned
I am still playing with grade A a-holes if I need to do that. Prefer single player games... when the right occasion presents itself I will play online too (had quite a bit of fun with EQ: OA, FFXI, FFXIV although the settings of XI is still far superior for me...).
ive been playing it since it came out never had a bad experience but we're derailing this tread we should take this discussion elsewhere

Well at least Driveclub's online outlasted both Evolution Studios and Codemasters EVO. Those poor guys couldn't catch a break.

Maybe the servers still work, but you cant even buy the game anymore.

https://www.windowscentral.com/forza-horizon-2-be-delisted-xbox-store-next-month

These issues are just a shitty byproduct of the all digital age. But don't worry, things like this will never happen to fully streamed games!!!!!
That's why I said it reached EOL, end of life. Also it has nothing to do with being digital, they can't even legally sell the physical version. Their music licenses expired.

Last edited:
It’s kind of hard not to. Everything is online these days. 🤦‍♂️
Not the games I play...

Well, I do have Driveclub... but I don't play it as an online game, I mean, I think I joined a club early on, but I believe they kicked me off of it!

But will they do something for the cars and other items that you need to be in a club to unlock?

MMaRsu

Banned
Turn 10 right now: “ When you come at the King you best not miss.”

Lol at these Xbox fanboys. I'm sure Turn 10 is happy they shut a studio down and fellow developers were let go.

Also this game was never positioned as a "Forza Killer" by Sony either.

93xfan

Banned
Stuff like this is making it incredibly easy for me to drop ps+ OR the PlayStation brand entirely next gen.

Yep. They’re great with new games, but shit with their legacy games.

Look at how they’ve treated Socom. It’s the perfect example of them ignoring the wants of many for no reason.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Not the games I play...

Well, I do have Driveclub... but I don't play it as an online game, I mean, I think I joined a club early on, but I believe they kicked me off of it!

But will they do something for the cars and other items that you need to be in a club to unlock?

Sony put in any further effort on this game that had a botched launch? Haha. No. Couldn’t even be bothered to do a Pro patch.

Virex

Banned
Shame but oh well we at least got another year to go. Such an awesome game,30fps that felt like 60fps, no game did better sense of speed. Music was awesome, no free roam.... we t was basically a modern Need For Speed from the late 1990s.

Is that.....legal?

LOL 30 FPS that feels like 60 fps? Haha is this a joke post?

DriveClub has an amazing sense of speed. You take Forza or Gran turismo, the fastest car and it feels like you are driving half the speed and they are 60fps games.

DriveClub is a 30fps game and theres no modern racing game that has that exhilarating speed sensation that keeps you on the edge of the seat as you drive because the tracks themselves allow for longer full speed sections. So yes, a 30fps game does it better than a 60fps. But i guess you never played DC so i totally understand your troll post.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
As for the debate whether SP or MP is better, it basically comes down to preferences.

Pretty sure SP gamers prefer to play solo, and often linear games because it's easy to follow and you have control. You can reload games and start over, or pause the game to get a sandwich. You will eventually win too, especially if you do inch-by-inch game saving in an action/RPG.

They probably don't want the competition MP brings, which is random and unpredictable results, a focus on stats, and trashtalking if a mic is used. And you can't pause the game when you're in a MP match.

Last edited:

rəddəM

Love the graphics of it.
Edit: And that 30 "smooth" FPS is true, 80% graphics 20% controls though.

Last edited:

ph33rknot

Banned
trashtalking
This I dont get ive been playing online for about 18 years now and I've only ever had people trash talking a hand full of times most of the time harmless you're a nood type comments and i play Halo and every one and their mother on gaf says it's the worst one I think you all soft

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This I dont get ive been playing online for about 18 years now and I've only ever had people trash talking a hand full of times most of the time harmless you're a nood type comments and i play Halo and every one and their mother on gaf says it's the worst one I think you all soft
I never heard it much either. I only do party chat now, so I don't hear any more trashtalking, but when I had voice comm open, I only heard it here and there in online shooters. And only received a small number of random inbox messages from sore loser gamers.

When I see YT videos of gamers getting tons of cussing and racist comments and mom jokes, I've never had that ever.

Last edited:

hunthunt

Banned
DriveClub and The Order 1886 are two of the biggest "what ifs" in the history of gaming, these 2 just needed one more year of development and we would be talking right now about two fantastic series of games.

Sony made a big mistake with Evolution Studios and Ready at Dawn.

ph33rknot

Banned
I wouldn't go that far i have heard shit but it's not the norm also got to say it the only time I've ever been called a spic was while playing uncharted 2 dig the game Chairman Tickles Chairman Tickles

Last edited:
This is why, despite owning every console, I never play online there. It is just too insulting. Plenty of single player to justify the platforms.

Mattyp

Gold Member
DriveClub has an amazing sense of speed. You take Forza or Gran turismo, the fastest car and it feels like you are driving half the speed and they are 60fps games.

It feels fast because the game motion blurs everything around it to such a degree because the graphics are shocking when stopped in play or at slow speeds.

I can't understand Sony's logic of not just having one server in play keeping this game online, or spinning up when people are online. Baffles me a company making so much money on PSN is this hopeless at servers and a first party title at that.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I'm sorry but how is this not another HUGE negative signs that Sony is going complete crap?

Driveclub was the only racing game I was interested on the Playstation platform, since Sony is not bothering making WipeOut anymore and I hate Gran Turismo (because it's a boring AF simulation for niche players), and it needed a Forza concurrent, the fact that they somewhat screwed the launch (their fault) shouldn't have meant they could continue and pursue making the game better.

The fact that they closed their studio alongside Guerrilla Cambridge and Studio Liverpool as well is telling FFS...

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I'm sorry but how is this not another HUGE negative signs that Sony is going complete crap?

Driveclub was the only racing game I was interested on the Playstation platform, since Sony is not bothering making WipeOut anymore and I hate Gran Turismo (because it's a boring AF simulation for niche players), and it needed a Forza concurrent, the fact that they somewhat screwed the launch (their fault) shouldn't have meant they could (edit: not) continue and pursue making the game better.

The fact that they closed their studio alongside Guerrilla Cambridge and Studio Liverpool as well is telling FFS...

Sorry, but did you buy it and play it beyond being interested in it and only it on PlayStation? The game received TONS of content, most of it for free, and improvements and updates including a freaking VR special version of the game. Yet all that effort barely moved the needle nor it stopped some vocal people from crapping on it any chance they could...

Now the game has licensing issues (see below), the game unfortunately sold quite poorly (unfortunately and undeservedly) and had lots of agnsty reactions especially early on, and they do not have the team that created it behind it anymore... hence it is being pulled...

Observadorpt

Neo Member
Hi

Driveclub will be delisted 31/08/2019 but sony are doing something worst than just delisting the game, some people buyed the game 2 days ago and cannot download the game and dlcs.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Sorry, but did you buy it and play it beyond being interested in it and only it on PlayStation? The game received TONS of content, most of it for free, and improvements and updates including a freaking VR special version of the game. Yet all that effort barely moved the needle nor it stopped some vocal people from crapping on it any chance they could...

Now the game has licensing issues (see below), the game unfortunately sold quite poorly (unfortunately and undeservedly) and had lots of agnsty reactions especially early on, and they do not have the team that created it behind it anymore... hence it is being pulled...

Why are other games with licensed music still sold on PSN? Even Motorstorm 1 is still available.

Edit: Probably car licensing being the issue and not a music one as some suspect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom