• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Audiosurf: Indie music game that works with your music files (free download)

Doytch

TheGreatDave said:
I played this yesterday at my girlfriends with one of her friends. Chicks dig it way more than Wii Sports, this game could do well if they find a way to publish it.

Ya I shot it to my sister and she loved it. I got an angry e-mail asking why she couldn't play today. :lol

FightyF

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
I played this yesterday at my girlfriends with one of her friends. Chicks dig it way more than Wii Sports, this game could do well if they find a way to publish it.

Yeah...XBLA, PSN, and Wiiware (Wii could pull of these visuals no prob).

I don't own the Wii, but does it have a built in media player for audio CDs or MP3s? If not, this could be something should license as a de facto player.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
I'll buy it for PC. Having it on a big screen with the 360 would be nice but its just way too convenient having all of my music on my PC and being able to play all kinds of formats.

But for the masses it would be good to put it up for console download.

FightyF said:
Yeah...XBLA, PSN, and Wiiware (Wii could pull of these visuals no prob).

I don't own the Wii, but does it have a built in media player for audio CDs or MP3s? If not, this could be something should license as a de facto player.

It can play MP3s off an SD card. There's no way of playing audio CDs as is, but if it can read DVDs you'd assume it could cope with CDs. Then again, it's Nintendo.

I think I'd prefer this on PC just for the ease of being able to access your music. I'll be buying this for sure if they sell it at a reasonable price. I could get a lot of play time out of it.

Jube3

superbank said:
I'll buy it for PC. Having it on a big screen with the 360 would be nice but its just way too convenient having all of my music on my PC and being able to play all kinds of formats.

You can stream music from your PC to your 360 now really easily, so it would still work on your big screen + all your music.

"Will there be any more beta weekends leading upto release? I really enjoyed it. Can anyone else recommend similar PC music games?"

It's not similar, but there's a freeware EBA/Ouendan simulator called Osu.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
No Means Nomad said:
Does anyone know the status of this project now? It looks like their website got hacked or something.
http://www.audio-surf.com/
If you can't view it, it's got to do with your host file details on your PC.

But so far the crew have basically said "it'll be done when it's done".

Atilac

It appears that if you try hacking the expired beta, the website is down for you.

in explorer: go to
C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

delete those references that installed with the hack.

Top Bottom