• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Audiosurf: Indie music game that works with your music files (free download)

Nishastra

Banned
I made a video (which Youtube all but ruined) of Hideki Naganuma's Grace & Glory in Freeride mode.
This song makes for a really fun track :p

EDIT: First video's audio was out of sync, so I uploaded a different one.

Kafel

Banned
Damn, I've just discovered this and I can't even play it.

Guess I'll wait a little.

the good part is probably that I won't suffer like you'll do, druggies =)

Nabs

ah-ha! i uninstalled the weekend beta and jumped back into the previous one (with the audiowavemachine). i hope there will be another weekend beta. the leader boards added a lot to the experience.

Flek

Banned
oh come on just relase it incomplete and patch it ... i dont care...i just want to play MORE ...

@all
i know everybody says "try song xy" but here is one song you realy need to play:

"flyin´ to your heart" from gitaroo man :D

mileS

Nabs said:
now i know how it feels to be a junky.

Yea seriously im jonesin' for some more and all I can think about right now is cool songs to try out. I didn't get to try it until about an hour before they closed the beta today so i'm kinda pissed I missed out on all that playtime...

Day 1 purchase for me, don't really care how much it costs.

Nabs said:
ah-ha! i uninstalled the weekend beta and jumped back into the previous one (with the audiowavemachine). i hope there will be another weekend beta. the leader boards added a lot to the experience.
I did that to :D

Though, like you said, the real version of the game is needed as soon as possible. Im hungry for it.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I did Siren by Asian Kung-Fu Generation last night and was 1 block off a 21 combo :(

If they charge $10-20 then consider this snapped up by me. I really hope they up the song length though.. I did a self-cut 7 min version of X Japan's Art of Life and it was killer. Would be awesome to do the full 30 mins.

You can find the link to the how to play it still on the first page of this thread still if you're really that interested. Without leaderboards it just doesn't feel right though.

jet1911

No Means Nomad said:
You can find the link to the how to play it still on the first page of this thread still if you're really that interested. Without leaderboards it just doesn't feel right though.

Tried it. Doesn't work. :(

Nabs

nice video

:( we need a new server, it seems like that other one is down. i tried playing and it wouldn't work.

FightyF

Banned
Wow...looks incredible!

The next G.A.M.E. project (after the current one we're working on) could perhaps focus on this!

Jube3

FightyF said:
Wow...looks incredible!

The next G.A.M.E. project (after the current one we're working on) could perhaps focus on this!

That would be epic! Man It would awesome to see music made to play to the game. I wonder if the creators could tell you how to make the music so that it triggers certain things (loopty loops, corkscrews, huge drops etc).

FightyF

Banned
Jube3 said:
That would be epic! Man It would awesome to see music made to play to the game. I wonder if the creators could tell you how to make the music so that it triggers certain things (loopty loops, corkscrews, huge drops etc).

Yeah, that would be awesome, never thought of that!

If we could get that info (perhaps it's just looking at jumps/variations of certain frequencies), then we can effectively build a track and song at the same time, with little need to make something, test it out, change something, test it out again. I'm sure they wouldn't mind sharing that info.

I'm gonna shoot them an email in the next week or so, see what they think...

I played this yesterday at my girlfriends with one of her friends. Chicks dig it way more than Wii Sports, this game could do well if they find a way to publish it.

jet1911

Ha! Found a way to play. I downloaded the old Beta and I downloaded the Audiosurf board (method 3 in the first post http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/showthread.php?t=478131 )

After 3 songs it will ask you to login, click on "existing login", enter something and you'll be able to continue playing.

Now the impressions... HOLY CRAP AWESOME! :O

This guy (or these guys dunno...) is a genius! Put that game on XBLA/PSN and it will sell millions.

dude

dude
This thread depresses me, it reminds me of the good times I had with this game. Damn, I want to play it so bad right now...

It seems as if they didn't mind links to the beta download for the weekend, but I'm gonna have to say no "workarounds" to continue playing afterwards.

Jube3

FightyF said:
Yeah, that would be awesome, never thought of that!

If we could get that info (perhaps it's just looking at jumps/variations of certain frequencies), then we can effectively build a track and song at the same time, with little need to make something, test it out, change something, test it out again. I'm sure they wouldn't mind sharing that info.

I'm gonna shoot them an email in the next week or so, see what they think...

Yea that would be pretty awesome, you guys would be able to make some stomach churning rollercoasters lol. 20 second slow build up then a 40 foot drop followed by crazy music nad corkscrews lol

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Yo, you think they will be able to cheat themselves some Zune/Playforsure/etc.. support? Cuz this game flippin blows my mind. Playing Jericho by Asian Dub Foundation was amazing. It has this slow riding but hard hitting beat so it was like I was going constantly over hills in the game.

i need to fraps me up a video.

Nabs

Jube3 said:
Yea that would be pretty awesome, you guys would be able to make some stomach churning rollercoasters lol. 20 second slow build up then a 40 foot drop followed by crazy music nad corkscrews lol

the leaderboards will be fun.

Nabs

phez said:
leaderboards are per song, so it s'okay :)

i know. i meant what i said... it'll be fun to have a leaderboard filled with gafers competing over the top spots (w/o needing a friends list). it's a great way to get us to listen to your music too :lol

Top Bottom