• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Audiosurf: Indie music game that works with your music files (free download)

Wes

venison crêpe
This game is insanely addictive. I just found this song in my collection:

5xn8l1.jpg

11hqfpj.jpg

So much fun :D

Wes

venison crêpe
We should make a list of all the usernames (sorry if someone is doign so already, must've missed it).

My username is: Wes

By the way, Holding Out For A Hero -- Bonnie Tyler is by far the most entertaining track I've done on this so far. It's so awesome!

dude

dude
Progressive tracks work so well! I just played Nimrodel/The Procession/The White Rider by Camel and it was really, really awesome.

Garcia

Daaamn ! I was so close !

affasfafsfasf.jpg

dadadaa.jpg

Anyone else loving Pointman Elite? It is my favorite game-mode so far! Lots of reflexes and planning going on simultaneously.

Wes

venison crêpe
Is there any way to change keybinds? I prefer using the keyboard and find it really weird trying to press the buttons on the mouse without moving the ship by accident!

Fun fact: The game works perfectly out of the box with a 360 controller. I think I might start using it over the mouse (there's a bit of a tendency to get a bit too close to the edge of a lane with a mouse, picking up unwanted blocks). Rumble to boot. That definitely helps the experience.

"Is there any way to change keybinds? I prefer using the keyboard and find it really weird trying to press the buttons on the mouse without moving the ship by accident!"

There already are Keyboard controls set up. arrow keys + z+x as well as WASD and...something else. like comma and slash or something.

Nishastra

Banned
Holy Order Sol said:
SO IT'S YOU

I've been struggling to beat your score on Live&Learn, glad I'm not the only one to play on this. :D
I got an e-mail that you beat my Elite score earlier, so I just went and set a new record there :p

Nabs

:lol these emails are killing me. i played that timbaland song thewayiare 5 times just to beat this fools score... now i get another one for as i lay dying - within destruction... i have no choice but to fight this.

The game just stopped working on my girlfriend's laptop; the main screen just says "PLayback error 4", and the song ends the second it begins. Sadness.

Davidion

I just started playing, account name is Davidion.

Started off with a slow glitch downtempo track.

Then I got cocky and decided to try drum n bass...couldn't do SHIT with the medium ships with this track and had to use the mono...

Edit: ALL the characters just unlocked at ONCE. :lol I'll definitely be buying this at release.

23si2bl.jpg

mileS

I seen this on Jeff Gerstmann's blog a couple days ago and kinda ignored it. Just watched a video of it being played and all I can say is HOLY SHIT I WANT!

this looks fantastic!

dude

dude
Halp, the game stopped working for me, and I'm completely addicted by now! It loads up, shows me the audio-surfer.com url and then just... quits.

Teknopathetic said:
Also, the beta ends in about...30 minutes.
Oh ;_;

mileS

Teknopathetic said:
the beta ends in about...30 minutes.

mega sadface!

Well I guess I downloaded it just in time to try it out. I only played for 15min but that alone was enough to convince me to buy it whenever it comes out.

Jube3

:( I thought weekend would mean all of sat and sunday :( I want to give this guy my monies!. I would gladly pay for the game now if it meant I could have the beta work for me till release. Kinda like an MMO "open" beta.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
dragon force is the fucking most amazing shit to play in this game. other stuff i've played has paled in comparison.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Teknopathetic said:
And...it should be down now.

its done?? i was looking forward to playing it when i got home from work :p

darn.

i might actually buy it....eh maybe not though.

dude

dude
I didn't even get to try The Harvest King (Has Surely Come) by The Band, and it would have been SO awesome:\

Nabs

i am definitely buying this game (if reasonably priced). it would be nice if there was some way for the last.fm scrobbler to recognize what you play in game.

dude

dude
mileS said:
I would pay large to have this on my Ipod touch :D I know it will never happen but I can dream.
It'll also work well with the touch wheel on the iPod classic, I would waste all of my batteries on this game.

Top Bottom